• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick 2 cached mpls file

yahknow1

I guess after reading through various posts for hours, I'm to post the log file and ask you guys for the correct mpls to copy?

Thank you!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.6.0_Info_J_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
It's already in your AnyDVD status window.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Really? In my status window it reads:

"Java BD protection good playlists: 934"

Does that mean 00934.MPLS is the correct title, if so wow that's awesome! Ive noticed it's exactly 1 second longer than all the rest of the mpls files? Wouldn't the studios NOT do that if it were the real title to copy? Don't get me wrong I'm just trying to learn.

Also, can I always be sure that the CORRECT title will appear in the status window?

Thanks Ch3vr0n

That's exactly what it means. Why would AnyDVD mention wrong playlists intentionally? ;-) It's not the studios that are doing that, it's AnyDVD. It analyses the discs protection, and then mentions the proper playlist where applicable. The movie studios have squat diddely to do with ANY information in the status window.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

That's exactly what it means. Why would AnyDVD mention wrong playlists intentionally? ;-) It's not the studios that are doing that, it's AnyDVD. It analyses the discs protection, and then mentions the proper playlist where applicable. The movie studios have squat diddely to do with ANY information in the status window.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thankyou sir, you've made my day!

Couple more questions please...

1)So, is it always this easy to determine the correct .mpls file?

2)Has AnyDVDHD every given the wrong file?

All of the articles and talking about this topic, this just seems too easy?

3)If this topic has been discussed to death please, could you point me to the thread I should be reading.

Thanks again for all your help Ch3vr0n, I know you've been here answering questions for years now, you're always so helpful. You were the one that finally converted me to BDRebuilder way back when I wanted physical discs before cloneBD was availably! :LOL:

1) AnyDVD only mentions playlists for screenpass / playlist obfuscated discs. In the other cases where there's only a handful of playlists there's other tools like bdedit or bdinfi that can tell you the right one (eg there's only 2 playlists with main movie)

2) yes on new movie releases, but that's where the logfile comes in. Dev's use that so the next time you insert that disc AnyDVD tells you the right one

There's nothing easy about it, screenpass is anything but easy. But that's for the dev's to worry about.

If you're not sure it's the right one AnyDVD mentions, same thing. Logfile

Ive noticed it's exactly 1 second longer than all the rest of the mpls files?
FYI, AnyDVD shortens the "bad" playlists, so the correct playlist is the longest.
That is because some players/converters choose the longest playlist automatically.

FYI, AnyDVD shortens the "bad" playlists, so the correct playlist is the longest.
That is because some players/converters choose the longest playlist automatically.

Ah, ok I never thought about that. I wish I would have come here and asked these questions a long time ago. I can remember on more than one occasion where I actually thought the long mpls file was a decoy placed there BY the studios to mess with people. :confused:

Thanks

Ah, ok I never thought about that. I wish I would have come here and asked these questions a long time ago. I can remember on more than one occasion where I actually thought the long mpls file was a decoy placed there BY the studios to mess with people. :confused:

Yes, that does happen (on the original disc), but still AnyDVD will shorten that one as well.

1) AnyDVD only mentions playlists for screenpass / playlist obfuscated discs. In the other cases where there's only a handful of playlists there's other tools like bdedit or bdinfi that can tell you the right one (eg there's only 2 playlists with main movie)

2) yes on new movie releases, but that's where the logfile comes in. Dev's use that so the next time you insert that disc AnyDVD tells you the right one

There's nothing easy about it, screenpass is anything but easy. But that's for the dev's to worry about.

If you're not sure it's the right one AnyDVD mentions, same thing. Logfile

So, I'm looking at BDinfo for Beauty and the Beast and it's showing 4 play lists that equal 02:09:16.

Each MPLS shows close to the same info. The only difference I can see is there's an astrisk in front of some audio tracks. In the notes it says: "(*) Some playlists on this disc have hidden tracks. These tracks are marked with an asterisk".

If I select Select 00099.MPLS the DTS-HD track has the asterisk (along with all other tracks EXCEPT Dolby Digital Audio.)

If I select the 00701.MPLS then DTS MA has no astisk, but some others do.

If I select 00800.MPLS the only astrisk is in front of a line called "Presentation Graphics" and not any of the Audio lines. Is this the play list I should choose?

Oh wait, I just looked at 00801 and there aren't any astrisk, is this the one?

oh shoot here's the logfile

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.6.0_Info_K_BEAUTY_AND_THE_BEAST.ziplog
    574 KB · Views: 3
Useless logfile, decrypted iso. Only protected iso's or original discs are good for logfiles. However disney titles usually use 800/801 as the main movie. BDinfo is a bit harder to use in my mind for playlist. I find BDEdit easier as it lists all audio tracks too. Pretty easy to spot where a playlist has 5 tracks + HD audio vs eg only one or 2 tracks

Here is the encrypted logfile

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.7.0_Info_J_BEAUTY_AND_THE_BEAST.ziplog
    593 KB · Views: 2
So, I'm looking at BDinfo for Beauty and the Beast and it's showing 4 play lists that equal 02:09:16.

Each MPLS shows close to the same info. The only difference I can see is there's an astrisk in front of some audio tracks. In the notes it says: "(*) Some playlists on this disc have hidden tracks. These tracks are marked with an asterisk".

I wouldn't even bother messing with these BDInfo/BDEdit tools.
Why make things so complicated?

I'm ready to bet, if you just pop that disc into CloneBD, it will select the right playlist for you and be done with it.
810 should be the mpls, that references all streams without hiding any.

I bet you, CloneBD picks 810 right away.

The reasons for these different playlists are simply authoring side-effects.
The authorer usually packs all his entities into a playlist, due to the way the authoring software is structured. Some of the playlists are just for them to have easy access to all components in a clip.
810 would be the one they used to work with the movie clip.
800 is the one meant for the audience. Some subtitles are missing, because they might just be director's comments, that should not show during normal playback, but only in the context of some bonus playlists.

Personally, I think CloneBD is too modest. It doesn't show off all the cool things that it has under the hood, it just does stuff without saying "look at me, what I can do".

Last edited:
Thanks Pete, but whenever I've tried CloneBD in the past, something seems to always have a problem? Occasionally I get an error-free rip, but it's always been the exception, not the rule?

I've gotten used to using VidCoder instead ( and sometimes Handbrake). I would really like to be able to use CloneBD, I guess maybe I'll install it again? Have other people been able to regularly use it without errors?

Thanks

Thanks Pete, but whenever I've tried CloneBD in the past, something seems to always have a problem?
How far in the past was that then?
Elby originally outsourced the job to another company, they really made a huge mess and ever since then the Elby crew has been fixing the thing.
Meanwhile I use it myself a lot and it simply works.

I had a ton of different problems from the beginning. I probably gave up on it 18 months ago, but it's good to know it's working better now, I'll give it a try.

Back