• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero's won't W.O.LAN - Windows 10 Pro.

Clams

This is annoying when trying to stream from the "Cloud PC" to either of the HTPC's. (or any combo thereof)
Bottom line is that they won't Wake On LAN. When these PC's either idle to sleep (default S3) or are "put" to sleep by the user, they refuse to awaken when another network PC tries to access them. I have to go to the other room and tap the space bar to wake these things up - LOL.

When machines are asleep - the RJ45 jack is still lit up - as it should be. (so I know it's able to receive)
I tried going into BIOS and turning Power On By PCI-E to ON - no difference.

2 Hero's, 1 Formula - These boards all use the Intel i218-V Ethernet Controller.
Device manager PM settings: (which I think are the defaults)
Allow computer to turn off this device to save power - ON
Allow this device to wake the computer - ON
Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer - ON

I can't be sure - but I want to say this only started when 1607 came down. (not positive though).

-W

Last edited:
I have an Asus Z170 Formula V111 and it wakes on LAN with Creators Edition.

Attachments

• 2017-06-03_21-57-49 Winver.jpg
    2017-06-03_21-57-49 Winver.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for that reply. (just saw it sorry). I'll soon be on Creators Edition and re-test. (I have upgrades deferred turned ON).
Would it wake on LAN before that edition came down?
-W

Thanks for that reply. (just saw it sorry). I'll soon be on Creators Edition and re-test. (I have upgrades deferred turned ON).
Would it wake on LAN before that edition came down?
-W
Yes

Then my problem is likely a Windows or BIOS setting that I have wrong.
Not really a big deal - I can just walk into another room and wake one manually when needed. (not that often).
-W

Does it work, if the system is fully shut down? Do you have HP Switches, if yes Magic Packet only works if the switch is configured as layer 3 (router) switch.

greets, bb

Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer - ON
-W

Turning this off should solve your issues

on = Only magic packet will wake computer
off = Any packet will wake computer

Info on sending magic packet to wake PC can be found here

Last edited:
Turning this off should solve your issues

on = Only magic packet will wake computer
off = Any packet will wake computer

Info on sending magic packet to wake PC can be found here