• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick 2 gave cinavia problem on Powerdvd 12

Britton

The John Wick 2 blueray movie I copied was played on Powerdvd 12 v 12.0.7107.58. Anydvd was not activated on my computer. After about 30 minutes the sound stopped and the Cinavia protection warning was displayed. I then activated Anydvd and played the movie again on Powerdvd. Cinavia did not activate but there was an irritating wavering sound produced. Playing the movie on a stand alone player worked fine. A logfile is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.6.0_Info_E_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
I then activated Anydvd and played the movie again on Powerdvd. Cinavia did not activate but there was an irritating wavering sound produced.

IF you copied the movie using the combination of AnyDVD and CloneBD with AnyDVD's "remove Cinavia watermark" option turned on, the copy will have this irritating, wavering sound - regardless of where you play back the copy, including your standalone.

Otherwise, there will be no change to the audio.

The recommended way to do this, is to simply play the movie with PowerDVD while AnyDVD is running and you have "prevent player software from detecting Cinavia" active.
Cinavia will still be in the movie, no changes to audio occur, the player will not see the watermark.

I made the full copy just using AnyDVD. I did not have the check mark checked for "Remove Cinavia watermark from Clone BD audio stream during copy". Should I check this if not using Clone BD? Was my problem the result of updating to a new version on PowerDVD12? Or was it due to new protection in John Wick 2?

I made the full copy just using AnyDVD. I did not have the check mark checked for "Remove Cinavia watermark from Clone BD audio stream during copy". Should I check this if not using Clone BD? Was my problem the result of updating to a new version on PowerDVD12? Or was it due to new protection in John Wick 2?
No, no and no. AnyDVD doesn't alter the sound during playback.

James, I thought AnyDVD protects against a Cinavia intervention. I have copied many disks with my method and have not had this problem before. It seems you many not understand my questions.

It does does, but not on its own. What James is saying is that it's not a problem with PowerDVD (unless they pushed a new version, then there's a slim chance) and it's not a jw copy protection. Cinavia isn't a copy protection, it's an audio drm.

To remove cinavia properly, please see the removal guide in the CloneBD tutorial section. Note: there will be that 'irritating wave effect' you call it.

If you only play your movies on PowerDVD then you do NOT need to enable the removal setting. Just leave the other one active (it's activated by default). 'prevent cinavia detection by software player' it's called. That one 'patches' the SOFTWARE PLAYER to NOT DETECT the cinavia signal. It doesn't actually remove it.

So if you play on PowerDVD, ignore the 'remove...' setting and clone away with CloneBD. The audio will NOT have that wave effect, and as long as you keep AnyDVD active when playing through PowerDVD cinavia won't be triggered. (Unless cyberlink were to issue a new update. The last one dates to Nov last year and is supported by AnyDVD just fine).

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

James, I thought AnyDVD protects against a Cinavia intervention.
It does.
I have copied many disks with my method and have not had this problem before. It seems you many not understand my questions.
Maybe I don't. You wrote:
The John Wick 2 blueray movie I copied was played on Powerdvd 12 v 12.0.7107.58. Anydvd was not activated on my computer. After about 30 minutes the sound stopped and the Cinavia protection warning was displayed.
No surprise here.
I then activated Anydvd and played the movie again on Powerdvd. Cinavia did not activate
Sure. Welcome to AnyDVD's magic.
but there was an irritating wavering sound produced.
This is pretty much impossible. AnyDVD does not alter the sound during playback. But I said that already.

EDIT:
Maybe you should elaborate on "your method" to copy discs.

@James Well that wave sound does seem to indicate he processed the disc with the AnyDVD+CloneBD combo ;) In this case it is very much possible :p

@Britton Did you use the AnyDVD + CloneBD to remove cinavia. If so that "wave effect" isn't added during playback. It's done DURING ENCODING by CloneBD (with anydvd's cinavia removal setting enabled). With or without anydvd active on playback, that wave effect will already be present when processed by the above combo. It is NOT added on-the-fly

@James Well that wave sound does seem to indicate he processed the disc with the AnyDVD+CloneBD combo ;) In this case it is very much possible :p
I don't think so. If it was processed with AnyDVD & CloneBD, PowerDVD would not detect Cinavia. And
Playing the movie on a stand alone player worked fine.
... I assume without "wavering sound".

And
I made the full copy just using AnyDVD. I did not have the check mark checked for "Remove Cinavia watermark from Clone BD audio stream during copy"

Then somethings not adding up.

@Britton Please state your EXACT procedure for making the backup (What did you use for ripping, if you ripped. What are you using to MAKE the backup, anydvd doesn't burn or shrink. What settings did you have active and when). Either we're missing something or you're saying it wrong. Either way it is physically IMPOSSIBLE for the wave effect to be added DURING PLAYBACK with powerDVD. The primary setting "patch software player..." only tweaks PowerDVD to not detect the signal and leaves the audio UNTOUCHED, it does NOT alter the audio with a wave effect.

The ONLY way that wave effect can be created is if you had the "remove cinavia from CloneBD..." setting ENABLED, AND you used CloneBD and had the CloneBD setting "downscale audio" active. The wave effect CANNOT be created on the fly.

I copied a blue ray disk using only AnyDVD which makes a img file on the hard drive. Then used ImgBurn to make a double layer BR disk. I do not use CloneBD. My problem is that when using AnyDVD to block the Cinavia protection, I get this audio wave interference. It is at a frequency of about 2 cps and affects the sound volume. It is most noticeable with music playing. With AnyDVD off and before Cinavia activates, the wave is not there and sound is good.

I have played the disk on another, almost identical, computer and this wave problem does not happen when AnyDVD is on. But Cinavia does activate with AnyDVD off. Which I believe is normal.

I can get the wave effect to be less noticeable on the first computer by changing the various sound parameters of PowerDVD but it never disappears completely. And, as I previously reported, the disk plays well on a stand alone BR player that has no Cinavia protection.

That's not possible. AnyDVD cannot cause the 'wave' effect on its own. That's only possible if removal is done IN COMBINATION with CloneBD. The software player fix that works with PowerDVD for example DOES NOT cause the wave effect. It patches the software player to not detect the signal. No more, no less. Use the original disc, have that setting active and play in PowerDVD. The wave effect will NOT be there.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I have to agree - that is physically, technically, theoretically and practically impossible.

Back