• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Apply button

testiles

UHD Guru
Hey guys, just wondering --

Has there ever been any discussion of having an "Apply" button in AnyDVD, so that if you want to make several changes to the options on the AnyDVD menu, and want to see the result of each on the movie individually, you can "Apply" each and still stay on the Menu?

Or is there a way to do that and somehow I've missed it all these years?

T

Ok, well I guess no one has an interest in this...

I know many Windows applications offer the OK/Apply/Cancel option when you make a setting change, with the difference in Apply and OK being that Apply keeps you in the application.

It was just that the way I use AnyDVD, this would have been useful as I often make several changes one-at-a-time and have to Ok a change, pull back up AnyDVD, check Status, make another change, pull back up the app, check Status, etc. I tweak AnyDVD a lot.

But if no one agrees "Apply" is helpful or it was already discussed and found to be hard-to-implement or not worth it, that's cool. Not a major deal.

I can, of course, manage as I'm doing it today.

Just a thought.

T

I would love such a button - especially for the cool subtitle stuff -, but to activate the changes, AnyDVD needs to (virtually) remove the disc and rescan it. I believe an "apply" button would be counter intuitive.

I would love such a button - especially for the cool subtitle stuff -, but to activate the changes, AnyDVD needs to (virtually) remove the disc and rescan it. I believe an "apply" button would be counter intuitive.

Hi James!

Can you explain what you mean by counter-intuitive here?

Do you mean because the app starts rescanning the disc when there's a change, it could be confusing if the Menu stays up while doing so?

T

You know, you basically already have this . It's just not called an "apply" button. It's called "OK". And for me works just fine for this.

As long as you have the program / status window open (see below) and don't open the tray. No changes will take effect until you hit ok.
Just remember it's the window and not the tree page shown.

anydvd-01-status.png

And if you want to know when it's ready after is done with scanning and applying fixes/changes.
On the Program Settings page .
Just tick the box for
"Show Information Window For New Media"
See below for example of.

anydvd-12-programsettings.png

Please Note:
The Stand-alone ripper function will not start with the status window open either.
IIRC,
It is intended as changes could be made while ripper is running. And create a problem. Do to the cycling through that must occur.

Disclaimer:
This is an older version of AnyDvDHD in screenshots some features/names of may have changed.
used for reference only.
Screenshot's used are available at www.redfox.bz

... As long as you have the program / status window open (see below) and don't open the tray. No changes will take effect until you hit ok...

Hi Nebo.

May have missed something but I'm not following you. I think what I'm trying to do is the opposite of what you're explaining.

I want the changes to take effect while the Status window remains open. That's why it would require an "Apply" instead of an OK ...

The Stand-alone ripper function will not start with the status window open either.

No, that's fine. The ripper should definitely not be running while you are making changes. This should remain as is...

I may be missing what you're saying but what you describe seems different from what I'm trying to do.

T

I believe he's trying to say that if you check the box that says "Show information window for new media" it will reopen after clicking okay. While the window does not stay open, it does reopen once the disc has been scanned.

I believe he's trying to say that if you check the box that says "Show information window for new media" it will reopen after clicking okay. While the window does not stay open, it does reopen once the disc has been scanned.

Ahhh. Ok, Yraen2.

I'll try that. Thanks so much.

T

Ok, this works like a charm.

I never had "Show information window for new media" selected, but as you say, when you do and make a change in Settings and click OK, it applies the setting and brings the AnyDVD Menu back up again.

So it's basically the same functionality as an "Apply" button.

Awesome!

Thanks for all the info guys!

T

Back