• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Support for 4k UHD Disc Playback

tzgq2m19

I read a post from James saying "AnyDVD does not support 4k UHD disc playback."

Is this still true? If yes, any ETA for which version will be supporting it?

This is the key feature to get me to repurchase a license - thanks.

Is this still true?

Yes.

If yes, any ETA for which version will be supporting it?

No ETA. I would expect them to be following UHD but there's never been a 100% statement they will release one. They haven't said that they won't either. Really comes down to finding a weakness in the protection mechanisms and that takes time.

Is this still true? If yes, any ETA for which version will be supporting it?

This is the key feature to get me to repurchase a license - thanks.
Check in every week or so, I have no idea what the plans are.

Video games use heavy DRM too, but once in a while game publishers would remove DRM of older games and sell them on places like GOG.com. This is not to encourage piracy necessarily, but to promote good will among their customers, because some game publishers also know that DRM inconveniences everyone. I wish the movie industry would do something like this, and remove DRM on movie discs and sell DRM-free versions of them after a certain time. But I guess it is a totally different industry, different economy, different customers, everything.

Back