• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question on license restriction

dnr917

I am replacing my system in my media center. I don't need a DVD player, so my intent is to:
1. RIP disc's on system A to my NAS as ISO files.
2. Play ISO files on new system B using CyberLink player.
Do I need ANYDVD HD on both systems to do this or will having the license just on system A provide the functionality I need?

That depends, if any of your discs have cinavia and you're using PDVD 11 or higher yes you will need it on both (for anydvd's cinavia software player fix). Now can you use your SINGLE license on both, that's a different matter. Yes and no. As long as only 1 system has anydvd active (tray icon), you *should* be fine. Though 1 license per system is preferred and RedFox would appreciate the funds ;)

As ch3vy just said,

Only have one installation per key of AnyDVDHD running at any time. That also includes the tray icon. The program must be totally shut off on all other machines.

RedFox has been pretty lenient about this. So long as you don't abuse the privilege. And yes they would know. They understand why you would want to use same keyfile on a different machine for a limited amount of time.

Also remember that you can purchase a yearly subscription. That at a later renewal of the licensing it can become a lifetime.

That depends, if any of your discs have cinavia and you're using PDVD 11 or higher yes you will need it on both (for anydvd's cinavia software player fix). Now can you use your SINGLE license on both, that's a different matter. Yes and no. As long as only 1 system has anydvd active (tray icon), you *should* be fine. Though 1 license per system is preferred and RedFox would appreciate the funds ;)
Very clear answer and so quick. Thank you. ANYDVD is active on system A only when I am ripping and on B only when I am watching the DVD. That is never at the same time. I know that we all appreciate funds, but >$100 for one license will have to be all the funds I
As ch3vy just said,

Only have one installation per key of AnyDVDHD running at any time. That also includes the tray icon. The program must be totally shut off on all other machines.

RedFox has been pretty lenient about this. So long as you don't abuse the privilege. And yes they would know. They understand why you would want to use same keyfile on a different machine for a limited amount of time.

Also remember that you can purchase a yearly subscription. That at a later renewal of the licensing it can become a lifetime.
As ch3vy just said,

This is answer is fundamentally different to my process than the first answer. ch3vy said "long as only 1 system has anydvd active (tray icon), you *should* be fine." Which is way, way different than "Only have one installation per key of AnyDVDHD running at any time. That also includes the tray icon. The program must be totally shut off on all other machines." Night and day different. Just because I want to rip on system A and play on system B seems like a fairly normal process. If Red Fox knows what I am doing, then there should be no objection to the process I am trying to establish. I have a DVD player I can put in the new system, but that system is in a different part of the house, and I like to do all my ripping on the desktop in my office.. Oh, and BTW, based on the first answer, I bought the lifetime license and am ripping my first disk. After a trip to FRYs I will buy all the parts and pieces and assemble my media room computer since the current one keeps dying and requiring many steps to reboot. As an aside, I had hundreds of movies on my NAS box, which totally crashed and the disks would not work on a replacement chassis. Based on that I have to rerip 100s of disks and so the location of the computer is a big deal.

No they say same thing.
"long as only 1 system has anydvd active (tray icon), you *should* be fine."
Tray icon being on is active.
He probably should have written includes also in the parentheses.
I was just more specific about it.
When I said:
"Only have one installation per key of AnyDVDHD running at any time. That also includes the tray icon. The program must be totally shut off on all other machines."
Which includes the tray icon.
A installation of refers to the machine running it.

Maybe I am being too anal about this, but as long as it is in the Registry, it is installed, whether the Tray Icon is dead or alive. So, as I understand what you saying, as long as the Tray Icon is "not enabled" then "I don't have an installation running" and therefore I can run it on a different "installation?"

No sir.
Don't select not enabled.
Right click tray icon and select exit.
So the program is not running at all.
Because it's a driver, it's running in the background whether you have the tray icon enabled or not.
The only way to stop it is to exit it completely.
And the tray icon being in the bar is a good way to know if it's running.
Another way to accomplish this is to disconnect from the internet.

But this is not the recommended way.

Last edited:
Active means running, means SOLID red colored masked fox in system tray
Inactive means grey fox (right click fox, enable AnyDVD) OR right click and exit.

'one installation per key' is irrelevant.
Installed is irrelevant

The only thing that matters if you have AnyDVD running (solid red colored tray icon). Though as I said before, 1 license per machine you have it installed on is preferred.

There's nothing more to say other than the same thing in a different way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Okay. Seems like then we are okay. Do you agree?

I can't keep repeating myself. Untimately you have to make the choice, if abuse is detected, the license will get blacklisted anyway. Be smart & support redfox.

Multiple machines = multiple licenses advised

Just please respect the fact that Ch3vr0n tried to give you the right information, just don't have them operating at the same time. Buying another licence will make sure that never happens.

Back