• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Todd McFarlane's Spawn 10th anniversary backup issue

flat_earth7

This is a 4 disc set Todd McFarlane's Spawn 10th anniversary edition USA steelbook region 1 - disc 2 and 4 are fine, 1 and 3 are the problems.

I followed the steps in the sticky - using latest download/set anydvd to default and attempted to rip dvd to hard drive.

Disc 1 seems to view several of the VOBs as empty at the end of disc 1. It reads through the first title set, then says "Repairing defective DVD structure", then hits title set 2 and finishes very quickly.

Disc 3 fails reading after more than half the disc. Both discs play fine in a Samsung blu-ray player.

Disc 1 produces no error after finishing the rip but resulting folder size is 1.68gb. The disc size is 7.63gb and it doesn't play any main titles.

Disc 3 error is FileIO 3 VTS_02_1.VOB 1266784256 43008 and fails reading, I'm guessing at the layer split. Disc plays fine in the standalone player.

The physical media is free from scratches and damage.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.5.0_Info_D_SPAWN_DISC_1.ziplog
    150.5 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_8.1.5.0_Info_D_SPAWN_COLLECTION_DISC_3.ziplog
    139.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
This is a 4 disc set Seth McFarlane's Spawn 10th anniversary edition USA steelbook region 1 - disc 2 and 4 are fine, 1 and 3 are the problems.

I followed the steps in the sticky - using latest download/set anydvd to default and attempted to rip dvd to hard drive.

Disc 1 seems to view several of the VOBs as empty at the end of disc 1. It reads through the first title set, then says "Repairing defective DVD structure", then hits title set 2 and finishes very quickly.

Disc 3 fails reading after more than half the disc. Both discs play fine in a Samsung blu-ray player.

Disc 1 produces no error after finishing the rip but resulting folder size is 1.68gb. The disc size is 7.63gb and it doesn't play any main titles.

Disc 3 error is FileIO 3 VTS_02_1.VOB 1266784256 43008 and fails reading, I'm guessing at the layer split. Disc plays fine in the standalone player.

Thanks for the help!
For the record, it's Todd McFarlane, not Seth.

:)

This is a 4 disc set Todd McFarlane's Spawn 10th anniversary edition USA steelbook region 1 - disc 2 and 4 are fine, 1 and 3 are the problems.

Thanks for the help!
I believe your discs and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. Probably the drive.

Thank you James, I was dreading the possibility of a defective disc, but I'm still confused about disc 1 going through all those steps and then performing the same behavior of claiming the rip was completed fine, but still not creating the full set of files in the folder on the desktop. I tried it in another drive last night on my tower and they both produced the same results... so guessing disc 3 is a bum pressing. But disc 1... ? Should I make a log from the 2nd computer or is this a common way that the software deals with a bum disc... by saying the rip went fine but then not adding the files?

Thank you James, I was dreading the possibility of a defective disc, but I'm still confused about disc 1 going through all those steps and then performing the same behavior of claiming the rip was completed fine, but still not creating the full set of files in the folder on the desktop. I tried it in another drive last night on my tower and they both produced the same results... so guessing disc 3 is a bum pressing. But disc 1... ? Should I make a log from the 2nd computer or is this a common way that the software deals with a bum disc... by saying the rip went fine but then not adding the files?
AnyDVD detects read erros during the scan, assumes this is an evil copy protection and removes the offending title. This results in a "small" disc.
EDIT: You can turn this off, if you uncheck "copy protection based on read errors" in AnyDVD settings.

AnyDVD detects read erros during the scan, assumes this is an evil copy protection and removes the offending title. This results in a "small" disc.
EDIT: You can turn this off, if you uncheck "copy protection based on read errors" in AnyDVD settings.

Makes perfect sense - thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a shot, but am most likely going to chalk this up to 2 badly pressed discs, sadly, since everything else I've thrown in those readers has not thrown up errors.

Back