• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim Snobs

sneakers

Almost everyone here swears by em but I just get whatever is on sale. I've used Office depot,Nexxtech,Maxell,TDK,You name it and I've always gotten perfect results. So, what's the diff?

Almost everyone here swears by em but I just get whatever is on sale. I've used Office depot,Nexxtech,Maxell,TDK,You name it and I've always gotten perfect results. So, what's the diff?
You never know with low quality media. They can very from disc to disc or spindle to spindle. Yeah, you can get fortunate and not run into many bad ones like your case. One thing is how long the disc will last also, not just the original burn.

Burn quality, consistency, and longevity . . .

And even more people swear by Taiyo Yuden premium.

And even more people swear by Taiyo Yuden premium.
They had a great sale on Taiyo Yuden Premiums too at supermediastore.com

EDIT: The deal is over so the link is removed.

Last edited:
Obviously you should use what works for you, but with cheaper media the issue is they may not last as long as good quality media.

The difference shows in a few months, when you go to watch one of those movies, and can't, because the movies freezes and pixellates, and the sound hangs and stutters.
I'm sorry you wasted so much money..............

The difference shows in a few months, when you go to watch one of those movies, and can't, because the movies freezes and pixellates, and the sound hangs and stutters.
I'm sorry you wasted so much money..............
Exactly. Some people are fanatic to cheap media and nothing we say will change their mind.

Exactly. Some people are fanatic to cheap media and nothing we say will change their mind.

Future Shop in Canada has the 100 pack 16x DVD +r/-r Verbatims on sale for $19.99 this week until Sep 13. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Use what works best for you, its the best advice.:agree:

That about sums it up.:clap:
Use what you want but time will be the deciding factor. Personally, I would like to watch my backups with no freezing or pixelation.

Back