• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virus warning for AnyDVD 8.1.4.0

Starbuck2864

This is a very first for me but I downloaded the latest version and my computer has blocked access to it because of a virus detection. I have been faithfully download each new update for years and this is the first time this has ever happened.

I hope this will be just a one time error and when the next update appears it will be accepted without worry

Long story, short... a couple of weeks ago, there was a DNS poisoning incident that caused a subset of users to be directed to a foreign server with a bad download. The problem was quickly resolved, but there are lingering affects (as evidenced by the number of currently active threads reporting same).

The first page of recent postings in the RedFox Talk (english) | General Chat has a handful of different threads discussing blocked downloads using various browsers, antivirus software, etc.

Here's where the problems began, however: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/why-does-the-new-version-8-1-3-0-exe-show-like-this.72757/

d00zah summed things up. An apparent DNS cache poisoning event caused [some] users to be unwittingly taken to a rogue site with a download pretending to be the AnyDVD setup file but actually was less than friendly. While the DNS issues and improper redirecting have been dealt with the people at Google, Mozilla, ESET, and numerous other internet/software companies were slow to both initially block warn about the safety situation and now are being slow to stop warning people when the situation has been resolved and there is no danger.

My wild imagination ponders if the entire event was backed by certain entities that do not like RedFox and now have leaned on Google, Mozilla, etc, to just blacklist RedFox in an end-run around using legal tactics. That's purely an insane theory, of course.

Yes, I watched the entire sordid tale unfold...

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/why...0-exe-show-like-this.72757/page-3#post-466953

It's certainly proven to have legs. Folks seem unaware of the necessity of reporting false positives to the convening authorities early, & often.

& my wild imagination ponders similar things each time a new 'what happened to Slysoft?' thread begins. Having failed in their initial attempt... so I think too much. What of it? B^) Thanks for the recap.

Just downloaded any dvd 8.1.4.0 in internet explorer. Took a little longer to receive download
but works just fine. I also tried google chrome and did get a block.

If things get really bad, an ultimate workaround to bypass DNS cache poisoning would be to setup a mailing list and those who want to download the latest definitions can request to be added to the mailing list and receive them as a zip or rar attachment in an email.
That way there will no longer be any false positives and blocking.
If a key file can be mailed out, then so too can a smaller modified definition update that doesn't require a full setup installation each time.

If things get really bad, an ultimate workaround to bypass DNS cache poisoning would be to setup a mailing list and those who want to download the latest definitions can request to be added to the mailing list and receive them as a zip or rar attachment in an email.
That way there will no longer be any false positives and blocking.
If a key file can be mailed out, then so too can a smaller modified definition update that doesn't require a full setup installation each time.

Don't quit your day job.....
-W

My download was blocked by both Chrome and Firefox. MS Edge accessed it, scanned it, and downloaded it with no problem. After that, I scanned with Malwarebytes Pro and Bitdefender. Both programs returned a safe result.

Back