• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Too Frequent Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The definition of frequent updates also depends on if you consider beta releases to be updates.

Taking that into account there have been far more updates but as I said in an earlier post... the choice to update or not is with the user and if they don't want to they don't have to but can't complain about not being able to make backups with newer discs.

Nice to see a familiar face here. I'm registered at another forum as OHMB and was kind of wondering who I'd find here.

You have to be kidding, you're complaining about a company that responds lightning fast to changes in disc security? These guys are doing an awesome job. I've never before seen any company so responsive to its clients. Keep up the really great work. The updates take maybe 30 seconds to do and most of them don't require a reboot. It's awesome.

I live for SlySoft updates!:clap: Its good to see some 1Click users.:)

Last edited:
Nice to see a familiar face here. I'm registered at another forum as OHMB and was kind of wondering who I'd find here.

CD Freaks is great but if they offer an official forum for Slysoft products then I'd be crazy not to read it, eh? :D

I just happened to get home from the regular Saturday night fun and find a Slysoft email inviting me here. How could I possibly turn it down!!! ;)

AnyDVD is sexy!

:agree:​

The support from Slysoft's AnyDVD is amazing. I've had it for years and I love it. I do wish it had the option to do automatic updates like symantec and windows do to make it a less manual process but that would be more of a "luxury" thing than anything else. I love the dedication though and have recommended this product for years... I wish I got money out of each referred customer! :bowdown: As an American living in Germany, I buy DVDs in a German store to save money since AAFES is way too expensive and overpriced. AnyDVD let's me play any region on my laptop and lets even legit people such as myself watch movies in English. Also, did we mention rootkits? I believe by having AnyDVD installed I have been saved on more than one occasion by Sony's nastiness and wannabee DRM tactics. Another bonus! AnyDVD also has a LIFETIME licensing agreement. WOW, it amazes me people would want to pirate AnyDVD when it's such a great deal. I spend more money going downtown on a Friday night! Again, KUDOS. WE LOVE YOU ANYDVD.

You are trying to pull my leg, aren't you? Updates are optional, you don't have to install them, you don't even have to read (or even receive) the e-mail announcements. What are you complaining about then, really?

For me having a high update frequency is a "Good Thing" (TM), and I hop SlySoft is keeping it that way

Hey Bobholm

Why not ignore the updaters and just keep using it till you get a problem?

Keep 'em coming Slysoft.

K.

short term memory

some people must be new to this game or just have memory loss. I remember, not so long ago that dvdxcopy was such a wonderful and quite costly program ($150.00 dollars u.s.) I might add. And shortly later their customer support went to being none existent.

Thanks Slysoft, keep the upgrades coming, everyday if need be. Some of us know how to appreciate real customer service and support!!!!!!!!!!:agree:

Last edited:
some people must be new to this game or just have memory loss. I remember, not so long ago that dvdxcopy was such a wonderful and quite costly ($150.00 dollars u.s.) I might add. And shortly later their customer support went to being none existent.

Thanks Slysoft, keep the upgrades coming, everyday if need be. Some of us know how to appreciate real customer service and support!!!!!!!!!!:agree:

Don't forget that program was also located on US shores so it was subject to the laws of the US. If SlySoft were here, I'm sure it'd go the way of the MPAAsaurus.

right right

this is true, but some just don't know a good thing 'til they lose it.

I welcome the frequent Updates,it shows that those boys at Slysoft are keeping in touch with the latest encryptions,
Keep em coming fellas!:agree:

Hmmm . . .

I'd venture to say that the majority of us prefer receiving updates "Hot off the press", since that way we will be as "current" as possible, which translates into less visits to tech support or forums like this one when a particular movie cannot be copied. I for one appreciate the fact that Slysoft is constantly and consistantly improving their program. I wish other software vendors were that good!
BTW, most of the time AnyDVD updates do not require a reboot.
Good luck!

I love many updates that shows the excellent support from Slysoft.

Hello everybody. New to this forum. I'd like to say that I am very pleased that Slysoft take the time and effort to update their software that quickly. Nice job Slysoft!
As been stated by other users, if only other software vendors/companies took the same route...

I realize that many members/users delight in three upgrades a week, but I do not. I have many other things to do, and the excess upgrades just get in the way or get postponed because I am busy with other things. Could you please cut the number of upgrades down to no more than one per week?

Latest update releases:
6.1.1.3 2007 01 26
6.1.0.7 2007 01 14
6.1.0.2 2007 01 04

So you have more than a week in between.

I agree with everyone here. The updates are more than welcome. Just a couple of suggestions though. Instead of having a pop-up in the centre of the screen saying there's an update, how about a pop-up balloon coming from the AnyDVD icon in the system tray. And when the main window of AnyDVD is opened, could you include a live-update option for those that want to check manually (this means they won't have to open an internet page). And while I'm here, could you try and work on the reboot situation? It does get a bit annoying having to reboot on almost every update now!

A nice new GUI would be nice and could push AnyDVD into it's 7th generation. We've been on the 6's for a while now!

And hi to everyone in the forum!

Andy.

Last edited:
... Could you please cut the number of upgrades down to no more than one per week?

The world does not revolve around you. Nor should SlySoft's release schedule or updates. Quit complaining and be thankful you have a responsive company that adapts and evolves as often as SlySoft.

The DELETE key

Amazing, that people are still out there, who do not know why the gods put a DELETE KEY onto the keyboard.

For those who do not wish to read all those bothersome updates -- USE YOUR DELETE KEY!

in my opinion the only way you could complain about all the updates is if you are using an illegal cracked version... those people should jsut stop whining and buy the program instead...

i prefer updates to keep the latest protections at bay :D
i never regret spending money on the slysoft licenses

I agree with everyone here. The updates are more than welcome. Just a couple of suggestions though. Instead of having a pop-up in the centre of the screen saying there's an update, how about a pop-up balloon coming from the AnyDVD icon in the system tray. And when the main window of AnyDVD is opened, could you include a live-update option for those that want to check manually (this means they won't have to open an internet page). And while I'm here, could you try and work on the reboot situation? It does get a bit annoying having to reboot on almost every update now!
A "Silent update" feature is on my to-do list. But AnyDVD HD has more priority at the moment.

A nice new GUI would be nice and could push AnyDVD into it's 7th generation. We've been on the 6's for a while now!
New GUI? Again? I like it the way it is. Simple and fast to navigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back