• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to Achieve Perfect 23.976Hz 24p with NVidia

karoloydi

Hi guyz,

I had found this solution for quite some time and it works really well with reclock. NVidia 24p is 24Hz. But ideally you will need 23.976 HZ to have perfectly smooth panning. It is quite simple to achieve.

1. Go to Nvidia Control Panel
2. Change the Resolution to 23 HZ
3. Create Custom Resolution With Following Settings:

Horizontal Pixels: 1920

Vertical Lines: 1080

Refresh Rate: 23

Timing:

Standard: Manual

Horizontal:

Active Pixels: 1920

Front Porch(pixels): 638

Sync width(pixels): 44

Total Pixels: 2750

Polarity: Positive

Vertical:

Active Pixels: 1080

Front Porch(pixels): 4

Sync width(pixels): 5

Total Pixels: 1124

Polarity: Positive

Hz: 23.976

If you have ANYDVD installed I have also attached the vbs files. Just drop them inside your reclock folder and replace the existing files and it will change the resolution automatically.
Also you need to tick the "enable event notifications to vbs script...." box in reclock advanced settings.
(I have reclock and anydvd installed on the default folders. If you have installed them in different folders you ll have to edit the vbs files.)

If you have Samsung TV, also put those Motion Plus Settings:
Blur Reduction 10
Judder Reduction 4

Only problem I've had is that the custom resolution might disappear after installing new drivers, so keep that in mind next time you install new drivers

Let Me Know What you think!

Attachments

• vbs.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I ll give it a try again.
Last time I tried 23 HZ It wasn't smooth. It kept glitching.
But to be honest I havent used the default 23hz setting for a while.
I ll try and watch a movie tonight without custom refresh rate and see if it is ok.

Last edited:
I just tried. Its showing 23.972 with the default nvidia 23hz setting. It is 23.976 with the custom one.

Last edited:
The custom resolution results in 23.9752hz for me, before it would be 23.970hz.

Either way it doesn't fix the issue of repeated/dropped frames.

The custom resolution results in 23.9752hz for me, before it would be 23.970hz.

Either way it doesn't fix the issue of repeated/dropped frames.

Try cleaning up clock timings database

@karoloydi
You mean change the refresh rate to 23 Hz _ not the resolution ???
There is no such thing as a 23Hz resolution.

@karoloydi
You mean change the refresh rate to 23 Hz _ not the resolution ???
There is no such thing as a 23Hz resolution.
Thats what Nvidia calls it. "Create Custom Resolution" But you actually use that setting to create custom refresh rate

I just tried. Its showing 23.972 with the default nvidia 23hz setting. It is 23.976 with the custom one.
Oh right, I thought you meant it gave 24.000 like the old graphics cards did. It's actually 23,974 or 23,975 on my system, but ReClock takes care of that problem.

I have samsung tv 65" 4k
so i need to work with 3820X2160 24p
but how ?
Link here is 1080P resolution

Back