• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pixel Magic Media Box and AnyDvdHD

KaraokeK

I use a Pixel Magic MediaBox to play my hard drive based DVD collection.
If I use AnyDvdHD to back up HD or Bluray titles will the PM MB be able to read the resulting files.
What format/file extension does AnyDvdHD give to the ripped material.

Thanks in advance.

I use a Pixel Magic MediaBox to play my hard drive based DVD collection.
If I use AnyDvdHD to back up HD or Bluray titles will the PM MB be able to read the resulting files.
What format/file extension does AnyDvdHD give to the ripped material.

Thanks in advance.
AnyDVD does not alter the movies at all, other than removing the encryption.
PowerDVD deluxe 7.3 is still the only real solution to play HDDVD's and Blu-Ray with anything close to 100% success/compatibility.

But to answer your question, the main Blu-Ray movie files are .m2ts and HDDVD are .evo

Thanks for that.
So now I need to be able to convert these formats into a .ts/ .tp stream or, wait for PM to bring out the next version of their media player.

Thanks for that.
So now I need to be able to convert these formats into a .ts/ .tp stream or, wait for PM to bring out the next version of their media player.
the general consensus is that converting hd content defeats the purpose of hd content. ;)

some people are using free alternatives for playing back hi-def content. But it requires some tweaking (major tweaking?). And all the bugs aren't worked out (like utilizing the hi-def audio tracks?).

Thanks for that.

There are a couple devices out there (media streamers) that do handle "some" hi def movies. The Tvix 4100/5100 can play all MPEG2 encoded blu rays and is currently working on AVC MPEG4 and VC-1 encoded materials. I have one of these units myself, and as I said, all Blu Ray MPEG2 encoded blu ray files will play, and with the new beta firmware upgrade that is in the works, it appears that all VC-1 encoded blu rays will play, and some AVC MPEG4 titles will play. I have no idea why it has problems with AVC MPEG4 but it does. Also, MPEG2 encodes can be streamed over your wired LAN, but VC-1 and AVC MPEG4 rips must be played from the unit's hard drive (I have a 500GB drive I installed in mine and it fills up quick). I keep all my MPEG2 files on my PC and stream them, while putting the VC-1 and MPEG4 encodes on the 4100's drive. These units cost about $350 and can be purchased from digitalconnection.com (that is where I got mine back in May). The unit is also great for playing just about everything else.
As far as HD DVD rips go, it does not support the .evo container. You can use a program called TSremux to put HD DVD rips into the .m2ts container, but the audio is a problem. The Tvix doesn't support True HD audio or DD+, which are the two types of audio streams found on HD DVD (at least to my knowledge). There are ways to rip out the audio stream after using TSremux and convert it to standard Dolby Digital, but it is not easy from what I have been reading. Otherwise I would go buy the 360 add on today and rip my entire HD DVD collection.
There is also a unit made by Tomarco (costs around $550) which suppossedly plays all blu ray rips with no problem. The only problem is that the only supplieers at the moment are in China and shipping is expensive. This is also a new company and they are trying to build their reputation so it is hard to say where support will be in a year or more. The company that makes the Tvix has been in the media streamer business for awhile.
For more info. on these units check out mpcclub.com. There is great info. here on both units. One last comment, there are suppossedly units coming out soon based on a faster sigma processor (8634 chip) that should have no problem with hi def rips. Currently the companies are trying to squeeze everything they can out of the sigma chips they are using now (862.. series).

Wow - what a lot of info - could ask for no more. Think I need to wait for the hardware to catch up.
Cheers

Back