• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What's needed for AnyDVD-HD to work?

SoundsGood

Hi guys. I finally jumped into the HD game yesterday by buying a Toshiba HD-A2 player. Yeah! :clap:

I while back I bought the entire Slysoft package, so I already have AnyDVD HD -- but it just dawned on me that my laptop can probably only work with regular SD DVDs.

So... what is needed to copy an HD DVD disc? A) What hardware, and B) which blank media discs?

Any links that can be provided would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

A Highend Grafics card (not included), PowerDVD Ultra 7.3, Get an XBox 360 HD-DVD Drive and there is blank media but no stand alone burners, you can by a HD laptop only with the HD-DVD Burner installed on it for around 3000.00 last time I looked. The laptops are the only machines out with the HD-DVD Burners there is no buy the drive and install it on the Desktop PC just yet. I also suggest a core 2 duo or equivilent AMD processor. Here's a link to allot more you may want to read up.

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/support/bdhd_support/system_requirement.jsp

Holy cr@p. Looks like I bought the HD version of AnyDVD for nothing. I really should have thought that through first. :doh:

Oh well....

Holy cr@p. Looks like I bought the HD version of AnyDVD for nothing. I really should have thought that through first. :doh:

Oh well....

Your laptop has an USB port, right?

Get yourself Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on for $170, return your Toshiba HD-A2 to where you bought it from, install AnyDVD HD on your laptop, connect your laptop to your display, sit back and enjoy the movie.

Yes, you need PDVD 7.3.

There is no compelling reason to burn a copy to the blank HD DVDs, even if the burners were available. I believe the blank HD DVDs are still around at least $15 or so.

Last edited:
Nah, in that case I'll just let it go... maybe re-visit the idea at another time.

It's not the first time I bought something that I didn't really need. ;)

Thanks for the help, guys!

We've been told by our supplier (in the UK) that they expect HD-dvd burners in Sept

We've been told by our supplier (in the UK) that they expect HD-dvd burners in Sept

I wished we can get them here in the states heck the only way is to buy a toshiba laptop right now to get a HD-DVD burner.

As of today its actually cheaper to just store as a file on your Hard Drive (external or otherwise). It cost around $6 in hard drive space. Triple that for a burnable HD disc of any type.

Back