• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (RedFox) and UHD/AACS 2.0 - There is hope

It's no guarantee it was faulty, that's simply what the majority thinks at the moment. As to the AACS2 in question. It's neither. Thats a ² next to it not a 2. It's like a * next to something indicating read the matching note at the bottom. In your case it reads

² Graphic card shall meet AACS compliance criteria

Based upon the other info on it mentioning DirectX 9 and stuff like Nvidia Geforce 8800GT, AACS 2.0 didn't even exist then. Standard blu-rays were pretty new in the DirectX 9 days

Ok, I was only interested because I bought now the UHD drive Pioneer BDR-211 UBK and thus now the question came up "was it it error to have it bought?"

That depends. I'm not planning on getting the LG version until either AnyDVD supports it (if ever) or there's been (previous) external confirmation it's been officially cracked

Since we now know that the detection of AACS was faulty I must ask again the question since I have found this on the packaging

Is now AACS2 as in the picture to see the same as AACS 2.0

View attachment 33600
So the AnyDVD AACS version detector was wrong? Perhaps my drive will support 2.0 after all! :dance:

Ok, I was only interested because I bought now the UHD drive Pioneer BDR-211 UBK and thus now the question came up "was it it error to have it bought?"
I used Pioneer's drives a lot of time. They all crap>>> models 207, 209 must see, read-write BD XL discs. but don't see clean new discs (only after format them by anothe driver). And it's magical soft drivers BDR-207MBK_FW160EU or BDR-209MBK_FW160EU don't work. I call to support - no answer, no help.
I think 211 will be the same crap.
Now I buy and use LG External (model BE16NU50). By this driver I see and can copy 4K UHD discs as folders, make iso copy by ImgBurn etc. For now it's best optical driver for UHD discs which I know.
But main question for RedFox team: When AACS 2.0 will be cracked? Or no chance atm? May be you are drop all power for it? Will be crazy good sales AnyDvd 4K UHD cracked AACS 2.0 :)
I will be 1-st buyer...

Last edited:
When? RedFox doesn't do ETA's. It'll take as long as it needs to, due to the lack of documentation

When? RedFox doesn't do ETA's. It'll take as long as it needs to, due to the lack of documentation
I don't care, and I know ETA for UHD discs not real.
I just want to know - RedFox work with AACS 2.0 or no? And what progress atm... What our's hope? May be help with good programmers, hardware or so? What kind help need for progress (except spy in AACS team)?

Last edited:
No it doesn't, progress = ETA. Last news was james was looking into it. No more, no less

No it doesn't, progress = ETA. Last news was james was looking into it. No more, no less
Damn... can you explane - are you working or not for crack AACS 2.0?
How long, problems etc.
You sad... bla-bla, which I don't understand. May be any can explane for me your' sicret answer?
If you don't work - problem closed. I don't interest AnyDVD HD version 8-9-10+ etc.
And don't iuntersts crac BD any more.
Just give me answer - are any useful from new team RedFox exist ? (as part of SlySoft) or no? Except upgrade old crap?

Last edited:
I'm not working on anything. I don't work for RedFox. There is no secret answer. Again, the last news from James the lead developer is that he was looking into the whole aacs 2.0 stuff. RedFox is no part of slysoft either. SlySoft is DEAD.

I don't know what more you want to hear, I can't give you news or info if there's nothing new to say.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Damn... can you explane - are you working or not for crack AACS 2.0?
How long, problems etc.
You sad... bla-bla, which I don't understand. May be any can explane for me your' sicret answer?
If you don't work - problem closed. I don't interest AnyDVD HD version 8-9-10+ etc.
And don't iuntersts crac BD any more.
Just give me answer - are any useful from new team RedFox exist ? (as part of SlySoft) or no? Except upgrade old crap?
This is the last thing that James said concerning this.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/pro...7-and-uhd-4k-blu-ray-discs.72686/#post-466404

I'm not working on anything. I don't work for RedFox. There is no secret answer. Again, the last news from James the lead developer is that he was looking into the whole aacs 2.0 stuff. RedFox is no part of slysoft either. SlySoft is DEAD.
1.I never said that who work for RedFox, who don't. And really don't care about.
2. I know that SlySoft dead, because I was subscriber of it. And I know that SlySoft was "killed" exactly before 4K UHD start. I don't believe in the concurrency.
3. Now I know that James work on AACS 2.0
4. I know that AACS 2.0 crack able, because I have cracked 4K UHD disc - The Smufrs2 (in the folders form). And I create iso from it, and play via OPPO-203 from HDD as real UHD disc.
5. I know for now optical diver for PC which read-write 4K UHD exist. I have and test it. If any help will need from me (test or so) - ready at any time.
I don't know what more you want to hear, I can't give you news or info if there's nothing new to say.
Now I just want to know: That James and his team really want (and try) to crack AACS 2.0, or 4K UHD publishers so hard intimidate all,
that if team will crack AACS 2.0 - will be not published. I understand - it's real threat.

3. No you don't, unless you know more than I do. James said he'd look into it. Which means he can find out it's easy or hard/ impossible to do. Since I have direct lines to RedFox and you don't, I doubt you know what you say you know.
4. No you don't, what you have is a pirated download where by all current evidence, had faulty encryption keys that were exploited. That's not cracking anything, that's exploiting a flaw.
5. Old news, those drives were released weeks ago

You may want to know that yes, that doesn't mean James or anyone else or RedFox will tell you until there's actually something to tell! They're not in the business of intimidating anyone, the purpose of AnyDVD is to allow fair use backups, not assist in 4k/uhd piracy (Smurfs 2,...) or intimidation.

How please, stop asking the same thing in different ways.

When there's news in regards to uhd, it will be posted for EVERYONE to see, and not a moment sooner. No matter how many times you ask, or how much you WANT to know.

I would think James is just keeping an eye out for news that somebody has leaked or otherwise revealed information about AACS 2.0. If he had found some tool that helped him figure out what's going on inside a working UHD Blu-ray player I very much doubt he'd reveal what it was.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
4. No you don't, what you have is a pirated download where by all current evidence, had faulty encryption keys that were exploited. That's not cracking anything, that's exploiting a flaw.

That's just a rumor, an opinion from one guy on a chat
Ultrahdclub stopped releasing new hdmi capture, so I think they are working on it. But this is also just my opinion

No it's not a rumour. Multiple sites say it had faulty keys. Either way: faulty keys are no aacs 2.0 crack but still a pirate release, HDMI capture: still not an aacs 2.0 crack and still a pirate release.

End of story. Piracy is piracy and not condoned on these forums in any way.

No it's not a rumour. Multiple sites say it had faulty keys. Either way: faulty keys are no aacs 2.0 crack but still a pirate release, HDMI capture: still not an aacs 2.0 crack and still a pirate release.

End of story. Piracy is piracy and not condoned on these forums in any way.

nop this rumor started just because ONE guy on the ultrahdclub chat suggested this.
All the other reports come from that comment.

I would think James is just keeping an eye out for news that somebody has keaked or otherwise revealed information about AACS 2.0. If he had found some tool that helped him figure out what's going on inside a working UHD Blu-ray player I very much doubt he'd reveal what it was.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
"Exactly".
The least amount of info posted on the forum publically the better.

This make me think of the movie, "The Imitation Game"
Alan Turing built his mechanical computer to "crack" the code of the enigma machine _ it was left running for months with no gain in breaking the code until the Germans got a little careless and kept using the same signature on the encrypted messages _ so the movie goes...
From this they were able to extrapolate enough info to help the computer decrypt things.

And that is my point, until someone who is in control of the DRM gets careless, I don't think AACS 2.0 will ever be circumvented.

"Smurfs 2" had some flaws in those keys (apparently), but not enough to figure out how to get around AACS 2.0 on all discs.
It may have moved things a little closer, but I think there still may be a long way to go.

James isn't about to tell all what he has learned just so the guys at AACS can read what's going on. (an assumption)
That will come soon enough in the UHD version of RedFox _ if that happens.

Personally for me it doesn't matter anymore, I got tired of waiting and went out and bought a Panasonic UB900.
By setting it to output to 1080p allows me to make use of my projectors frame interpolation.
The native 4K panels auto converts it back to 4K.
Any loss in resolution isn't noticeable with the down/up conversion, at least not to me anyway.

If RedFox makes it happen that will be great too, but for now, I'm not sinking any money into UHD on an HTPC, it just doesn't make any sense.

There are many new faces here on the forum, all of them chomping at the bit for RedFox to get around AACS 2.0.
Unfortunately I believe all of them are pirates just waiting to exploit RedFox for all the wrong reasons.
If I was James I might be seriously thinking of dropping this all together.

Last edited:
Back