• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
Nope. What do you mean? F5 works fine for me, except it did not solve my blackouts problem.

My keyboard issues started only after Gigabyte driver installs, I might have a virus but 2 clean win10 installs later its still happening on usb port KB.

F5 issue isn't a DP to HDMI issue is it?

This might be a precurser to us GTX 10xx users http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4457

nvidia working on 4K UHD netflix watching with a GTX gpu. Let's hope this will eventually make it to standard driver and optical disc playback with PDVD 17. Right now the main focus is netflix
Poor me stuck waiting for playready to support my rx Polaris card. It's like AMD has always been eating the crumbs of nvidia over the years.....

IMG_20170503_215313.jpg IMG_20170503_215243[1].jpg My Logitec UHD drive came fast via DHL to USA from amazon japan. I took it apart, and it does look like I can put the drive in my OrigenAE s10v case :)Picture is below.

The only issue I have is I use Dirac Live on my PC and was trying to have PowerDVD decode and send PCM to Dirac. I also have an preamp/processor (XMC-1) that does not have HDCP 2.2, so I am using an HDFury Linker for the processor and an HDFury Integral to split the 4k UHD signal. However, when I do this, I only get two audio channels out of my processor. The linker also causes periodic audio ticks when I play audio in foobar through my XMC-1 processor. It seems without the Linker, I can use KODI, Netflix 4k, etc, but get no audio as I believe my XMC-1 is limited in the video it can receive.

I will permanently install the UHD drive tonight as it seems to work. Can't figure out the audio issue though and really want to use PowerDVD to decode the audio and Dirac Live on my PC...

I have no idea what PowerDVD 17 switches the video to either? 10 bit 4k 4:2:0 with HDR? My LG OLEDE6P does report HDR and 2160p though, but doesn't give much information. Just need to figure out how to get more than two channels out. Tried forcing EDID to full sound via HDFury Integral and Linker with no luck.

Hi Etc, I ordered it too, hopefully will have my pc back up and running next week. When my audio started popping, I decided to send the motherboard to asrock for replacement. I sure do like Amazon Japan's setup. No telling when this drive will appear in the U.S.

View attachment 33501 View attachment 33502 My Logitec UHD drive came fast via DHL to USA from amazon japan. I took it apart, and it does look like I can put the drive in my OrigenAE s10v case :)Picture is below.

The only issue I have is I use Dirac Live on my PC and was trying to have PowerDVD decode and send PCM to Dirac. I also have an preamp/processor (XMC-1) that does not have HDCP 2.2, so I am using an HDFury Linker for the processor and an HDFury Integral to split the 4k UHD signal. However, when I do this, I only get two audio channels out of my processor. The linker also causes periodic audio ticks when I play audio in foobar through my XMC-1 processor. It seems without the Linker, I can use KODI, Netflix 4k, etc, but get no audio as I believe my XMC-1 is limited in the video it can receive.

I will permanently install the UHD drive tonight as it seems to work. Can't figure out the audio issue though and really want to use PowerDVD to decode the audio and Dirac Live on my PC...

I have no idea what PowerDVD 17 switches the video to either? 10 bit 4k 4:2:0 with HDR? My LG OLEDE6P does report HDR and 2160p though, but doesn't give much information. Just need to figure out how to get more than two channels out. Tried forcing EDID to full sound via HDFury Integral and Linker with no luck.

Can you insert a UHD movie and show us a screen shot of the root file structure and playlist folder and stream folder. Curious if UHD is using small hevc files called from mpls playlist files like Blu-ray does.

If your running hdbfury integral you should have HD doctor. Does this not split and downgrade HDMI 2.2 to 1.4? Can hdfury take 1 in and send 2 out? If so set one port to HDMI 2.0 and send to HDR TV and send the 1.4 to your preamp. Not sure if the room correction can be used. This should get your HDR 4k and full HD audio in HDMI. Your preamp has HDMI in so this should work if that preamp can decode HD formats. You can set audio to HDMI in powerdvd bitstream but your amp must be able to handle decoding dtshd master and truehd 7.1. Your preamp comes with an optional upgrade to support atamos and dtsx. Nice xlr jacks on the preamp.

Next week I can. Waiting on a slimsata cable now and don't plan on putting the drive back in the USB enclosure.

Can you insert a UHD movie and show us a screen shot of the root file structure and playlist folder and stream folder. Curious if UHD is using small hevc files called from mpls playlist files like Blu-ray does.

PC HDMI out into hdfury intergral. HD doctor to switch one out HDMI 1.4 other 2.2 hdcp. Hook the output 2.2 to HDR HDMI 2.0 port tv and the 1.4 to preamp.

Hope your TV is HDR and not projector. Never mind it's nice TV looked it up

If using the integral straight to the XMC-1 it doesn't work as the XMC-1 needs a valid video signal. Perhaps the signal is 10 bit and it can only handle 8 bit... I'm not going to let my processor do any audio decoding as it will never equal what my PC can do, especially with Dirac Live. It isn't bad though for the price I paid, but realize these "upgrades" like a full HDMI 2.0b card are not out yet and have been talked about for years.

Yes, I may have a special HDFury Integral firmware that seems to fix HDCP issues for me (not just HDCP 2.0 to 1.4) ;) You will have to ask an HDFury rep for it (if it exists)... ;)

With the HDFury Integral before I play a UHD disc, XMC-1 reports 3840x2160; after disc starts it shows 1080p and there is no sound. Mkv's play fine over the network using PowerDVD 17 though with just the Integral + PowerDVD PCM conversion + Dirac Live. Netflix 4k works great as does Foobar2000 (even when using ASIO).

Hopefully someone here has run into this 2 out of 8 speaker issue when using an HDMI splitting device and playing back UHD content.

If your running hdbfury integral you should have HD doctor. Does this not split and downgrade HDMI 2.2 to 1.4? Can hdfury take 1 in and send 2 out? If so set one port to HDMI 2.0 and send to HDR TV and send the 1.4 to your preamp. Not sure if the room correction can be used. This should get your HDR 4k and full HD audio in HDMI. Your preamp has HDMI in so this should work if that preamp can decode HD formats. You can set audio to HDMI in powerdvd bitstream but your amp must be able to handle decoding dtshd master and truehd 7.1. Your preamp comes with an optional upgrade to support atamos and dtsx. Nice xlr jacks on the preamp.

Is this how your system is wired without hdfury added? Just trying to get an idea.ddrc-88a.png

OK do this. Powerdvd set to 8 speakers. Set realtek manager to speakers. Run 1.4 to adapter jacks into your room manager from back of motherboard. This is what I do with DTShd master and truehd formats. Disable base and room correction and set 7.1 speakers. Turn off truhd audio enhancements in powerdvd in audio advanced tab. These features mix 5.1 to 7.1 speakers if the audio is 5.1

Now run HDMI to TV direct and do not use hdfury or other device. Run audio RCA to xlr to sound manager and set your room correction. Then run xlr outs to your dedicated amps. Let powerdvd 17 do lpcm raw decoding outs of your PC motherboard. This will get HD audio to work and keeping UHD at full HDR resolution. Turn your TV down to 0. If you decide to buy UHD player get one that has HDMI 2.2 video only out and HDMI 1.4 audio out only.

My Samsung UHD has this. I feed my video to my Sony xbr850c for HDR and my HDMI audio to lpcm 7.1 breakout box and then into my denon 7.1 rcas in on my denon 7.1 amp.

My PC is 7.1 lpcm motherboard out to maudio 1010lt in 1010lt pass thru cubase eq to realtek to use base and room correction measured with my sound meter and equed. Then the fix perfect signal to my denon 7.1 amp. I run 12000 dollars worth of sound equipment. I could buy ddrc and run my hardware stuff seperate then my PC if I wanted 7.1 room correction from HDMI UHD 1.4 port to lpcm 7.1 RCA then RCA to xlr 7.1 jacks to cables to ddrc to room correction to 4 stereo xlr amps and .1 to a powered sub.

You do have some nice hardware. Hope your motherboard supports 7.1 out. If not you can but a sound blaster card and go powerdvd 17 set computer to speakers to activate lpcm in powerdvd and set powerdvd to 8 channel audio! Things to consider. HDMI audio split will not work with 1.4 because of the way you want to use the room correction hookup. Maybe I'm wrong and am missing something here but this is what I would do. I have my setup to do 7.1 studio audio recording and monitoring in 7.1 thru my klipsch reference speakers and sub.

Again, I am using Dirac Live PC software that shows up as a virtual sound device in Windows (not a DDRC-88A or some outboard processor): http://www.dirac.com/online-store/.

Honestly, this would be inferior too and unnecessary as a PC can do all audio processing much better than the DSP in the XMC-1 or the DDRC-88A. Plus you'd be doing unnecessary A/D conversions so I don't know why all the AVSforum folks buy the DDRC-88A.

Everything is sent out HDMI from the PC and split using the HDFury Integral. Between the XMC-1 I had placed a HDFury Linker to downconvert, but I took it back out for now as it only gives 2 out of 8 channels when using a UHD disc.

Also, my amp setup is much more complicated, as I am actively quad amping my three-way front speakers and subs.

Is this how your system is wired without hdfury added? Just trying to get an idea.View attachment 33504

I think DRM will not allow you to touch the signal inside the PC with this software. I'm using realtek room correction pathway to denon as I tap into the analog pathway to get 7.1 into my denon that has 7 dedicated 75w amps.

You just haven't used Dirac Live software or the Linker or I'm sure you could help. No reason it wouldn't work. It is probably an issue with the HDFury Linker setup and the XMC-1. Could really be a specific EDID issue. Things would work fine if the XMC-1 could handle a 4k 10 bit signal and then I could use just the Integral for UHD blurays as you said. However, the Integral does NOT down convert (which is why I added the Linker).

As previously stated, things work great 100% of the time with just the Integral as the XMC-1 handles 8 bit 4k just fine; even PowerDVD plays mkv files and converts the audio for Dirac.

Your setup sounds nice though! No way am I doing unnecessary A/D conversions and using 7.1 analog outs. I will email HDFury and hopefully they will help like they did before with the special firmware they gave me...

OK do this. Powerdvd set to 8 speakers. Set realtek manager to speakers. Run 1.4 to adapter jacks into your room manager from back of motherboard. This is what I do with DTShd master and truehd formats. Disable base and room correction and set 7.1 speakers. Turn off truhd audio enhancements in powerdvd in audio advanced tab. These features mix 5.1 to 7.1 speakers if the audio is 5.1

Now run HDMI to TV direct and do not use hdfury or other device. Run audio RCA to xlr to sound manager and set your room correction. Then run xlr outs to your dedicated amps. Let powerdvd 17 do lpcm raw decoding outs of your PC motherboard. This will get HD audio to work and keeping UHD at full HDR resolution. Turn your TV down to 0. If you decide to buy UHD player get one that has HDMI 2.2 video only out and HDMI 1.4 audio out only.

My Samsung UHD has this. I feed my video to my Sony xbr850c for HDR and my HDMI audio to lpcm 7.1 breakout box and then into my denon 7.1 rcas in on my denon 7.1 amp.

My PC is 7.1 lpcm motherboard out to maudio 1010lt in 1010lt pass thru cubase eq to realtek to use base and room correction measured with my sound meter and equed. Then the fix perfect signal to my denon 7.1 amp. I run 12000 dollars worth of sound equipment. I could buy ddrc and run my hardware stuff seperate then my PC if I wanted 7.1 room correction from HDMI UHD 1.4 port to lpcm 7.1 RCA then RCA to xlr 7.1 jacks to cables to ddrc to room correction to 4 stereo xlr amps and .1 to a powered sub.

You do have some nice hardware. Hope your motherboard supports 7.1 out. If not you can but a sound blaster card and go powerdvd 17 set computer to speakers to activate lpcm in powerdvd and set powerdvd to 8 channel audio! Things to consider. HDMI audio split will not work with 1.4 because of the way you want to use the room correction hookup. Maybe I'm wrong and am missing something here but this is what I would do. I have my setup to do 7.1 studio audio recording and monitoring in 7.1 thru my klipsch reference speakers and sub.

Sorry I could not help. Have you tried avforums? Not sure if anyone here runs an advanced setup that your running. Hope you get the help you need

It clearly does as I get 2 of the 8 channels (not stereo, but FL and FR of the 8 channel signal).

I think DRM will not allow you to touch the signal inside the PC with this software. I'm using realtek room correction pathway to denon as I tap into the analog pathway to get 7.1 into my denon that has 7 dedicated 75w amps.

No worries. I just posted for help from Hdfury in this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video-processors/2514537-hdfury-linker-50.html

My setup is very close to being ideal. I am debating on adding a Lynx pci-e card that can do AES out via 16 channels. This would let me ditch my XMC-1 processor altogether, and I'd add additional Xilica XD4080 processors to bi and tri-amp my other speakers.

I use AES out from my PC for stereo listening and directly feed a Xilica XD4080 (bypassing my preamp/pro entirely and using PC based Dirac Live for stereo room correction as well). The XD4080 then splits the low, mid and highs for each speaker and sends out a mini signal to dual subs.

The sound is fantastic as this bypasses inferior volume controls that most processors and AVRs have and uses Foobar2000's well implemented 32 bit digital volume control. Plus the XD4080 has 40 bit processing and let's me use FIR filters in place of my speakers passive crossovers

When I put the UHD drive back in, I'll let you know if it will pass perfect PCM 2.0 for stereo, because I am pretty sure PowerDVD an do this even with Dirac acting as a virtual soundcard, but I'm not against testing this with a UHD disc like you said.

Sorry I could not help. Have you tried avforums? Not sure if anyone here runs an advanced setup that your running. Hope you get the help you need

Last edited:
Mi
I'm playing the Jazz hdr demo (or any hdr demo) without issue from a regular HDD using powerdvd 17, mpc or movies and tv app.

But my pc and gpu are quite powerful
Hi, mine had choppy video until I upgraded to 32g ram.

Powerdvd does not support AMD hardware acceleration. It's choppy thru there mind you I'm running 8 year old pc

Back