• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.9.0.3 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupReClock1903.exe

1.9.0.3 beta - 16/01/2017
* Change: MediaInfo estimator improved
* Fix: Built in estimator was enabled for file playback by default.

1.9.0.2 beta - 22/12/2016
* Fix: MediaInfo estimator treated audio files as video files

1.9.0.1 beta - 21/12/2016
* New: Retired the old Direct Show framerate estimator for file playback
- MediaInfo.dll (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) is used instead
- Using the built-in estimator is no longer recommended for file playback
- Using the built-in estimator is no longer the default for file playback
- Windows 9x is no longer supported. May it rest in peace.
* New: Framerate cache was actually quite unusable.
The behavior is changed:
- default framerate will no longer stored in cache
- setting a default framerate will not stop automatic detection, automatic
detection will always override default framerate setting
- setting a framerate manually during playback will store it in the cache
- manually setting the framerate to "unknown/automatic" will delete if from the cache
- a manual framerate in the cache will stop automatic detection of the built-in estimator
- manually setting the framerate to "unknown" will enable automatic detection of the built-in estimator
ATTENTION: This is beta software!
As there are many changes to many parts of ReClock, things might not work right away as expected.

James, is there any hope that detecting framerate with mediainfo can be optimized somehow?
It is significantly slower when opening files now (up to 6 seconds before playback starts with certain files) when it used to be pretty much instant with directshow.
Or can you re-add the directshow estimator as an option, it was working perfectly fine here. Even if mediainfo is kept default, at least the user can select the one that works best for them.
Thanks for considering.

James, is there any hope that detecting framerate with mediainfo can be optimized somehow?
It is significantly slower when opening files now (up to 6 seconds before playback starts with certain files) when it used to be pretty much instant with directshow.
Which (type of) files?
Are you sure the directshow estimator really did anything useful? In my tests it only worked on (some) .avi files. Pretty uncommon file type these days. Maybe you used the built-in estimator without knowing?

I'm talking about 1080p matroska files.
Yes I'm sure it's the directshow estimator taking care of them because I disabled the built-in estimator.
Here are the results:
ReClock 1.9.0.0, Estimators: Dshow enabled | built-in disabled. Opening (this series of) .mkv takes around 1-2 seconds.
ReClock 1.9.0.3, Estimators: Mediainfo enabled | built-in disabled. Opening same series of mkv takes 6~ seconds.
I'm using the exact same filter chain for both tests (LAV splitter source).
So yes if you could, please re-implement the Dshow estimator (even if Mediainfo is set as default).

@hadar Did you recently upgrade your CPU or changed any CPU feature in the BIOS?
You can try to :
Configure ReClock > Advanced settings > "Clean-up video clock timings database"

Yes i also have problems after driver and win 10 update

I think its the creators Update. Its done something.

Reclock diviation repport in madvr is all over the place. Changes every time i load a file.

It's the CU exclusive mode. It's so exclusive that ReClock is excluded from doing system clock corrections. Windowed mode works fine, though.

yup it the FSE mode. disable that in madvr and reclock works again

I hope it can be fixed

@James
Are there any plans to support PowerDVD 17 and Windows Creators Update Fullscreen Exclusive Mode?
I understand that both undergone changes and it's maybe not an easy thing to do.

For me the log is full of 'WARNING limiter l'erreur m_freqCorr -33305324.053764' in FSE since CU and ReClock isn't applying any corrections (+0.00 Hz, +/- 0.00 ppm) anymore. (Windowed mode is completely fine, of course.)

@James
Are there any plans to support PowerDVD 17 and Windows Creators Update Fullscreen Exclusive Mode?
No, there are no plans at the moment, sorry.

File names with chinese or japanese characters cannot be displayed correctly, due to this, mediainfo failed to find video streams, rename to English solves it.
Built-in estimator is not effected.
Would you please fix this?

Attachments

• Image 001.jpg
    Image 001.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 8
File names with chinese or japanese characters cannot be displayed correctly, due to this, mediainfo failed to find video streams, rename to English solves it.
Built-in estimator is not effected.
Would you please fix this?
Can you please post a zipped logfile? Mediainfo should receive wide characters as filename.

Last edited:
More info: I'm using windows10 1703 japanese x64, potplayer language is set to simplified chinese(above posts).
Set potplayer lang to Eng or Jap makes japanese file names correctly displayed,but still, mediainfo reports No video stream found, and for chinese filenames, some characters are missing.

Attachments

• Image 001.jpg
    Image 001.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Image 002.jpg
    Image 002.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 6
Here it is.
Thank you. I tried to reproduce the problem with a file with chinese characters, but failed. I used ZoomPlayer for the test. Mediainfo worked just fine. I have no explanation why it fails for you.

Thank you. I tried to reproduce the problem with a file with chinese characters, but failed. I used ZoomPlayer for the test. Mediainfo worked just fine. I have no explanation why it fails for you.
Thank you. I gave ZoomPlayer and mpc-hc a try, but the same result. Have you unselected 'use built-in estimator'? and may I ask what os you are using?
Then, I noticed that the log file is in 'shift jis' code, simp chinese characters are not compatible with this code. If reclock is fully unicoded, why not write log files in utf-8?

Thank you. I gave ZoomPlayer and mpc-hc a try, but the same result. Have you unselected 'use built-in estimator'? and may I ask what os you are using?
Then, I noticed that the log file is in 'shift jis' code, simp chinese characters are not compatible with this code. If reclock is fully unicoded, why not write log files in utf-8?
ReClock is not unicode aware (it is/was a Windows 95 program), I have only rewritten the parts where MediaInfo is involved. I have made some modifications with less conversions (utf16 to utf8 and back). Although I don't see a reason why it didn't work, please try http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupReClock1904.exe
I hope this fixes the problem.

EDIT: Filenames in logfile or properties dialog will still be incorrect, but this is only cosmetic. ReClock helper process (MediaInfo) will (should) receive the full UTF16 filename as a parameter.

James, any hope to re-implement the directshow estimator (even if Mediainfo is set as default)?
I've reverted to 1.9.0.0 for now.. thanks.

ReClock is not unicode aware (it is/was a Windows 95 program), I have only rewritten the parts where MediaInfo is involved. I have made some modifications with less conversions (utf16 to utf8 and back). Although I don't see a reason why it didn't work, please try http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupReClock1904.exe
I hope this fixes the problem.

EDIT: Filenames in logfile or properties dialog will still be incorrect, but this is only cosmetic. ReClock helper process (MediaInfo) will (should) receive the full UTF16 filename as a parameter.
1.9.0.4 works well, that is enough, I don't care about the filenames from now on.
Thank you very much.

Back