• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Menu Issues with 20th Century Women

cindyb

20th Century Women US retail. Copy behavior: movie plays fine when selected from the main menu. The other main menu items (Scenes, Setup, Special Features) lockup my DVD player when they are selected. More Lionsgate nonsense. Ziplog attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.1.1_Info_E_20TH_CENTURY_WOMEN.ziplog
    929.4 KB · Views: 8
20th Century Women US retail. Copy behavior: movie plays fine when selected from the main menu. The other main menu items (Scenes, Setup, Special Features) lockup my DVD player when they are selected. More Lionsgate nonsense. Ziplog attached.

No joy in 8.1.1.2 for "20th Century Women". New Ziplog attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.1.2_Info_G_20TH_CENTURY_WOMEN.ziplog
    929.8 KB · Views: 5
Since I (and likely many others) do "Movie Only" backups (to preserve best quality), there's a good chance this problem may have been present and just not noticed.
Only James can tell the story here - or someone else would have by now. :)
-W

Since I (and likely many others) do "Movie Only" backups (to preserve best quality), there's a good chance this problem may have been present and just not noticed.
Only James can tell the story here - or someone else would have by now. :)
-W
There is not much I can do, sorry.

Thanks for the responses guys. The menus on the purchased disc behave as expected when not being controlled by AnyDVD. Lionsgate has been making menu trickery a specialty for a while now.

Lionsgate has been making menu trickery a specialty for a while now.

Agreed about Lionsgate. But are you sure this one is a Lionsgate film / DVD?
I'm not seeing this one at the Lionsgate site, and IMDB doesn't link Lionsgate to the distribution chain that I can see - just A24 Studios.
Reason I'm asking, is that James has been handling the "Lionsgate crap" (with ease) for a long while now. One at a time, as it pops up.
This one looks more like a case of really bad DVD authoring that AnyDVD "fixes" - LOL.
-W

Edit:
Movie was still on my HTPC hard drive from a couple weeks ago. I just checked the opening credits and see A24 studios. Nothing about Lionsgate. Just deleted it. Movies was "meh" at best.

Last edited:
Agreed about Lionsgate. But are you sure this one is a Lionsgate film / DVD?
I'm not seeing this one at the Lionsgate site, and IMDB doesn't link Lionsgate to the distribution chain that I can see - just A24 Studios.
Reason I'm asking, is that James has been handling the "Lionsgate crap" (with ease) for a long while now. One at a time, as it pops up.
This one looks more like a case of really bad DVD authoring that AnyDVD "fixes" - LOL.
-W

Edit:
Movie was still on my HTPC hard drive from a couple weeks ago. I just checked the opening credits and see A24 studios. Nothing about Lionsgate. Just deleted it. Movies was "meh" at best.

Thank you for your continued follow up. Yes, Lionsgate is involved. There is a Lionsgate logo on the DVD. Also, there is an animated Lionsgate splash screen at the start of the DVD right after the "you are bad if you copy this movie" warnings. Almost all the trailers that then play have a Lionsgate screen followed by an A24 screen after the rating screen. While a Lionsgate logo screen is not at the start of the feature movie, the final screen at the end of the movie is a Lionsgate logo screen. Yeah, it's a chick flick and the interest is limited here. I understand that. Whether it's something they are doing on purpose or it's as you say, just bad authoring, it's annoying. Again, thanks to both you and James for responding.

And thank you for that follow up. :D
The reason I suspected bad authoring at A24 (it still could be) is that James (our fearless lead developer) tends not to let Lionsgate get away with much at all.
Theory is that those bastiches read these boards, and if they see something causing "trouble" for AnyDVD - they tend to pile on "more of the same".
So he's not prone to letting too much (if any) Lionsgate crap "slide on by" if he can help it.
-W

Last edited:
Back