• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Magnificent 7 US release playback cut short

Tipperton

I am having a problem ripping the audio description track from the US Blue Ray release of Magnificent 7. The rip seems to proceed without any problems until the last chapter, which get cut off about half way through.

The first time I was running version 8.0.9.0. After encountering the problem, I came here and downloaded the 8.0.9.2 beta but it too had the same results.

I then tried using AnyDVD's built in copier to copy the disc to a folder on my hard drive, but the resulting copy only had the first of the six audio tracks and only the first of the 16 chapters.

The ripping software I am using is DVD Audio Extractor 7.3.0, and my system is a 32 bit Windows 7 Home Premium system with 4 GB of RAM and 300 GB of hard disk with about 170GB free.

I have attached a log file using version 8.0.9.2 and the problem disc.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.2_Info_S_MAGNIFICENT_SEVEN.ziplog
    276.8 KB · Views: 6
AnyDVD doesn't touch the audio. If you try playing the original disc in something like PowerDVD with AnyDVD running in the background do you hear the audio description track all the way through the movie?

Sounds to me like you are trying to rip the audio from just one of the files that make up the movie.

Last edited:
Because I am blind I can't use traditional media players to play video discs because I'd have no way to navigate the disc's menus.

And contrary to your belief, AnyDVD does do something with the audio because DVD Audio Extractor won't even begin extracting the audio track unless AnyDVD is running.

I did just try playing the disc with Windows Media Player and it reported that it couldn't play the disc because it was recorded in a manner that isn't supported by the player. This occurs regardless of whether AnyDVD is running or not.

AnyDVD does not touch the audio. The reason it doesn't work in DVD Audio Extractor if AnyDVD is disabled is because the disc will still be encrypted at that point. Once AnyDVD is running it removes the encryption, but doesn't touch the video or audio tracks.

As to Windows Media Player, no real surprise it doesn't work in that as it's not a Blu-ray player

Well then, considering that I am blind, do you have any suggestions on how I'm supposed to figure out why, of all the discs I extracted the audio description track from, I can't extract the last 10 minutes or so from this one disc?

No but it's not an anydvd issue. Anydvd only decrypts / rips 1:1. Whatever anydvd rips is 100% of the actual content, minus the protection. It does NOT alter audio behavior at all. Very simple reason, you're extracting audio from the vob files, anydvd cannot do any extracting at all.

Your problem is the extracting thing. Try CloneDVD 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Since I'm working with a blue ray disc, shouldn't I try Clone BD instead of Clone DVD 2? I do recall that the last time I tried one of them, they weren't very accessible to screen readers.

Last edited:
FYI: CloneBD, in tandem with AnyDVD, can get rid of the Cinavia audio DRM that is present in any Blu-ray discs that has the audio DRM, so that the OP (Original Poster) can use DVD Audio Extractor to convert the audio of his/her Blu-ray discs into what form he/she wants, without the audio cutting off after 20 minutes or so in PowerDVD or any Blu-ray player made since February 2012.

:)

If you're working with blu-ray then why mention DVD audio extractor? Figured you posted in the wrong section

Ch3vr0n, according to the app's web page, it can also extract audio streams from Blu-ray discs (I should know, I also own the app and have used AnyDVD to disable the encryption/DRM on any Blu-ray disc I wanted to get the audio stream from.)

So what the OP was asking about is valid, for this particular issue.

Does the log file show anything of use? Could this be a bug in DVDAE instead of AnaDVD?

There is no bug in AnyDVD, as stated AnyDVD only rips 1:1 or not at all and it doesn't touch the audio in any way. It is NOT an AnyDVD issue as you can't extract audio at all with AnyDVD. The problem is your other software.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Thanks for the reply, I will contact DVD Audio Extractor's developers then.

Have a pleasant day!

Because I am blind I can't use traditional media players to play video discs because I'd have no way to navigate the disc's menus.

Out of interest, what player and process do you use for this case?

Out of interest, what player and process do you use for this case?
I don't use any player at all, not only couldn't I navigate the disc menus, the video is of no use to me. So I use DVD Audio Extractor to locate and extract the audio description track and convert it to an MP3 file I can play on my Victor Reader Stream. 99.99% of the time it works great, but every once in a great while I run across a disc that gives me trouble, like this one where I get all but the last 10 minutes or so of the audio track, then it just quits with no errors or messages about why its quitting before it gets to the end.

I'm having issues with Magnificent Seven U.S. version 4k Ultra & Blu-Ray Edition - UPC code 43396 48091. I've tried creating an ISO file as well as saving it to hard disk (obviously blu-ray only) but both files still play the "Vengeance Mode" which includes the directors segments and comments. I've even tried loading the hard disk copy onto DVDFAb in order to get just the 00355 playlist but then this playlist jumps all over the place. I've uploaded the ziplog below. Thank you for your help

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.1.2_Info_D_MAGNIFICENT_SEVEN.ziplog
    336.1 KB · Views: 7
I'm having issues with Magnificent Seven U.S. version 4k Ultra & Blu-Ray Edition - UPC code 43396 48091. I've tried creating an ISO file as well as saving it to hard disk (obviously blu-ray only) but both files still play the "Vengeance Mode" which includes the directors segments and comments. I've even tried loading the hard disk copy onto DVDFAb in order to get just the 00355 playlist but then this playlist jumps all over the place. I've uploaded the ziplog below. Thank you for your help
What playback software are you using?

Sounds like whatever you are using is just picking the longest playlist and playing that. If that's the case then it's not an AnyDVD issue

I've tried mounting the ISO with VCD then using several different players: VLC, 5KPlayer, MPC & Zappiti with all yielding the same results - the wrong playlist starts. With VLC, I tried selecting the main movie (00355) and it doesn't play correctly. I've also used CloneBD to try and rip the 00355 playlist but it too doesn't play correctly when converted to ISO.

It looks like you've got a previously unseen version Felipe. There's no playlist in the status window. That said, it's not unusual for ANY of those players you mentioned to pick the wrong playlist. None of them are licensed players

Hi Ch3vr0n, Thank you for your response. So what would be my next move? Will AnyDVD update the database or am I stuck?

Back