• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

regionfreedom.com

antipodes

In the thread "too many coasters"didactic posted the following link www.regionfreedom.com I attempted to access the site but was given an "access forbidden " message. I then googled "regionfreedom.com" this provide d me with a list of related sites; access to each however was forbidden. Is this a question of allowing my firewall to allow the site or is it an illegal site?

Working fine for me.
Seems to be centered around Panasonic players ONLY.

From the Home page:
RegionFreedom.com is the website for our enhanced firmware development project for Panasonic™ Blu-ray devices !

The enhanced firmware development project has been created with the goal to provide extended firmware functionality for Panasonic™ Blu-ray devices.

Since the foundation of our development project, we have released enhanced firmware for more than 300 different Panasonic™ Blu-ray device models.

Our enhanced firmware for Panasonic™ Blu-ray devices provides exciting features such as

• Multi-Region playback for DVD and Blu-ray
  • User Operation Prohibition (UOP) deactivation for DVD playback
  • Protected User Operation (PUO) deactivation for Blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray playback
  • Cinavia™ audio watermark detection deactivation
  • FTP access to the internal hard drive for Blu-ray recorders and Blu-ray players with built-in hard drive (Feature availability depends on specific model)
Sometimes our enhanced firmware even unlocks features of high-end models which have been disabled for budget models because of marketing reasons.

If you would like to use our enhanced firmware on your Panasonic™ Blu-ray device, please read our Terms and Conditions before you continue.

Interesting bit of software, I'm surprised that Hollywood allows that site to run.
Maybe because it's free ???

Link works fine , nothing bad about it.
Thanks for all your responses. I am attaching a screenshot of the response I get. Also note that this response is is the same response I get from the related sites. Is there a way I can get around this?
@nebostrangla thanks for your detailed advice. I don't have a Panasonic device would this prevent me from accessing the site

Attachments

• forbidden.jpg
    forbidden.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 26
Thanks for all your responses. I am attaching a screenshot of the response I get. Also note that this response is is the same response I get from the related sites. Is there a way I can get around this?
@nebostrangla thanks for your detailed advice. I don't have a Panasonic device would this prevent me from accessing the site
Looks to me like Chrome (or an option in Chrome) is blocking it. Try using Firefox or another browser.

Looks to me like Chrome (or an option in Chrome) is blocking it. Try using Firefox or another browser.
I used chrome with no issue. Was with my phone.
And it automatically blocks sites that have security problems.

@mmdavis Your advice proved correct.Using Edge I was able to access the site. I don't know why Google would want to do that. Thanks very much for your suggestion. well it looks as if Nebostrangla has answered my question as to why.

Good side has already tested someone?

Yes, the firmware all works great. I've used this a few times before, back when it was 'firmwareinfo' and now on the new site.

It's not free however, you offer a donation and if accepted you receive the custom firmware that is locked to the MAC address of your player.
I made a donation of 30-40 EUR for each player (and 10 EUR for an update)

Note: Quite a few people do seem to have problems getting the firmware - you need to be careful and make sure you fill in the form correctly (and try not to make a lowball donation). Also make sure you check your emails often, once you receive the accepted/donation instruction email you need to be prompt making the payment. Any mistakes and delays seem to have gotten people blocked.

I had no problems and process went smooth - I'd recommend it (y)

I was given this link without the warning that should've came with it.
Because of a simple mistake, I'm banned for life!

So beware, the seller might not sell to you for no logical reason. And once you're out of the loop, you won't get back in.

Does anyone knows if the firmware is really mac address specific? The official firmware are not.

May I ask how are u so sure?

I've previously tried my firmware file on a different (same model) player and it would not work/upgrade.

Your only workaround would be to get another player and get someone else to apply for you.
Quite a few people have had issues with the seller, unfortunately he isn't forgiving with any mistakes or delays :(

Thanks for the info.

That guy is an idiot. I'm just gonna forget it and move on.

I have several other players around, so I will be fine for a while.
Perhaps other situations will present themselves in a the future.

Regards,
Den

I was given this link without the warning that should've came with it.Because of a simple mistake, I'm banned for life!
So beware, the seller might not sell to you for no logical reason. And once you're out of the loop, you won't get back in.
"No soup for you!!" The soup nazi lives on...

Hello,

I dont know if any can help here but I will expose my problem.

I bought a Panasonic bdt 500 to à seller and he said is multizone but didn't explain to me how it works.
So I got it and did à Panasonic update !! That's erased a regionfreedom 1.53 firmware multizone by à 1.63 and still at bluray zone A cause it's last zone seller used.
So the device is still in zone A or im in zone B and all my bluray too !!

I tried to make a donation to get à New firmware and it's was accepted first but cancelled before I send money by PayPal.

I tried again but adress mac was blocked and still again now...

I M really disappointed by my mistake and I dont know what to do now...

If you have any idea.. Thx

Smookie

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk

If you knew you had the 1.53 firmware why did you do the update?!?

Sell the player and move on. There's nothing else to do.

Back