• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD lifetime license not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
like many others, I purchased a "lifetime" license of Slysoft's AnyDVD. Looks like someone decided to end my life prematurely...
Now I'm invited/obliged to purchase a new-and-not-cheap "lifetime" licence of Redfox's AnyDVD if I want my lifetime to resume...
But what guarantee to we have that this new "lifetime" will be longer than the one promised by Slysoft ??? Why shall I trust you guys after what happened to my previous "lifetime-temporary" license?
None, as has been asked by several people over the last year plus. There are no guarantees in life, you may not wake up tomorrow. You either need the software...or you don't.

Last edited:
hi,
like many others, I purchased a "lifetime" license of Slysoft's AnyDVD. Looks like someone decided to end my life prematurely...
Now I'm invited/obliged to purchase a new-and-not-cheap "lifetime" licence of Redfox's AnyDVD if I want my lifetime to resume...
But what guarantee to we have that this new "lifetime" will be longer than the one promised by Slysoft ??? Why shall I trust you guys after what happened to my previous "lifetime-temporary" license?
Why so naive? Show us a software company that actually refers to "your" living, breathing pre-corpse lifetime for a guaranteed program ownership?

First I want to say I already know redfox isn't going to honor the slysoft LTL for AnyDVD HD.
Before someone asks: No I haven't read the EULA for so long I don't remember what it says exactly.
Since doing so will not get me a LTL from redfox . I don't have a good reason to.

Show us a software company that actually refers to "your" living, breathing pre-corpse lifetime for a guaranteed program ownership?

I disagree with the way some software developers define lifetime .
My definition is as long as the original purchaser is alive then that is the lifetime of the contract .
Not the lifetime of the software . By that definition the softwares lifetime could be changed hourly.
Of course when most software products finishes what a software developer that uses the software lifetime definition on;the name of the software also changes.
That is to make it appear a completely new software has been developed .

That is one of the problems slysoft LTL purchasers have accepting that redfox kept the exact name of the software AnyDVD HD .
Without any responsibility to honor the slysoft LTL.

That being said . There is an agreement beyond the lifetime license.
Every version of AnyDVD & later AnyDVD HD I've had also has this written in the Information window:
Free updates until: Forever

So far I haven't reached the end of my lifetime & certainly not Forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can sympathize with both sides of this discussion... I supported Slysoft & purchased the LTL about 10 years ago... not sure I will buy another 'LTL' at full price... seems a discounted deal (half-price would be generous) for the old LTL-holders would be a diplomatic thing to do..??... I, for one, would endorse that.

I can sympathize with both sides of this discussion... I supported Slysoft & purchased the LTL about 10 years ago... not sure I will buy another 'LTL' at full price... seems a discounted deal (half-price would be generous) for the old LTL-holders would be a diplomatic thing to do..??... I, for one, would endorse that.
Slysoft is out of business, their lifetime has ended over a year ago. This has been discussed for many months, join the project and buy a new Redfox license. They welcome all the support they can get. If you buy with Bitcoin before March 19th, we can give 30% off, 20% because we like you and 10% for Bitcoin. LOL

Last edited:
buy with Bitcoin before March 19th, we can give 30% off, 20% because we like you and 10% for Bitcoin. LOL

easier said than done, if you don't use bitcoin... how 'bout doing this offer thru paypal..??

We would love to use Paypal but they wont do business with us. We are badguys to them. LOL.

list some obscure item on ebay & I'll purchase thru paypal... or we can meet at the corner bar & I'll pay you in Belizian dollars... LOL..!!

RedFox 1
I think of different payment methods, but nothing much I can think of except a bank account opened somewhere outside the law AACS LA

RedFox 1
I understand it's hard because your project is trying to help since he announced Ivan Stop your payments via VISA card

I'd like to find out what does "Lifetime" license mean -- is it until someone decides that the income needs a boost? How many "lifetime" licenses will I need to purchase and how often? How is RedFox protected from being gone after and put out of business just like supposed Slysoft had been? What recourse do I have if the "lifetime" license proves to be for the arbitrary period until the product or the company changes hands or the CEO or CFO of RedFox decides that "lifetime" expired? Am I going to just get conned again into buying another "lifetime" license for, say, "BlackFox.bz"?

Has anyone checked how much of (binary if not human-legible) code from "Slysoft product" ended up in "RedFox product" to claim this is not the same path of development?

I realize that the product is the best and maybe the only available, but my trust in the company is gone. Can you imagine the irony if this would be a sting by MPAA / AACS-LA to get information on anyone who uses AnyDVD? I do feel conned. Who is to say, to be trusted that Slysoft's previous owner is not a silent partner in RedFox? Who is to say that the owner of Slysoft did not make a deal to sting all users of AnyDVD for MPAA / AACS-LA -- and make money at it?

I would not have been happy if Slysoft would have said "Due to business environment we can no longer fulfill our promise and have to cancel the lifetime licenses [, but we will give current holders 50% off new undetermined expiration date licenses -- if they wanted to be nice]." Sure, laissez-faire at its worse, but at least honest. So please tell me the parameters of "lifetime" license, why should anyone believe that RedFox can go on with the (apparently) same function and method products as Slysoft's and apparently closely based on Slysoft's products, but Slysoft could not -- or am I just "paying my money and taking my chances"?

"But what guarantee to we have that this new "lifetime" will be longer than the one promised by Slysoft ??? Why shall I trust you guys after what happened to my previous "lifetime-temporary" license?" Why indeed? Why indeed should I believe this is not a MPAA / AACS-LA sting?

Am I "pays my money and takes my chances?"

I'd like to find out what does "Lifetime" license mean --
Same as it has always been, the lifetime of the entity issuing it. May be 100 days, may be 100 years. I think it's time to move on, climb on board or find another ship. This is getting very old.

I'd like to find out what does "Lifetime" license mean -- is it until someone decides that the income needs a boost? How many "lifetime" licenses will I need to purchase and how often? How is RedFox protected from being gone after and put out of business just like supposed Slysoft had been? What recourse do I have if the "lifetime" license proves to be for the arbitrary period until the product or the company changes hands or the CEO or CFO of RedFox decides that "lifetime" expired? Am I going to just get conned again into buying another "lifetime" license for, say, "BlackFox.bz"?

Has anyone checked how much of (binary if not human-legible) code from "Slysoft product" ended up in "RedFox product" to claim this is not the same path of development?

I realize that the product is the best and maybe the only available, but my trust in the company is gone. Can you imagine the irony if this would be a sting by MPAA / AACS-LA to get information on anyone who uses AnyDVD? I do feel conned. Who is to say, to be trusted that Slysoft's previous owner is not a silent partner in RedFox? Who is to say that the owner of Slysoft did not make a deal to sting all users of AnyDVD for MPAA / AACS-LA -- and make money at it?

I would not have been happy if Slysoft would have said "Due to business environment we can no longer fulfill our promise and have to cancel the lifetime licenses [, but we will give current holders 50% off new undetermined expiration date licenses -- if they wanted to be nice]." Sure, laissez-faire at its worse, but at least honest. So please tell me the parameters of "lifetime" license, why should anyone believe that RedFox can go on with the (apparently) same function and method products as Slysoft's and apparently closely based on Slysoft's products, but Slysoft could not -- or am I just "paying my money and taking my chances"?

"But what guarantee to we have that this new "lifetime" will be longer than the one promised by Slysoft ??? Why shall I trust you guys after what happened to my previous "lifetime-temporary" license?" Why indeed? Why indeed should I believe this is not a MPAA / AACS-LA sting?

Am I "pays my money and takes my chances?"

You're over a year late to the game. All this was discussed and early discounts were put in place.
Most of the "people" are the same, and the product is developed on the same code-base.
Effectively when Slysoft was forced out - the "lunatics took over the asylum" and are running this thing now as a "closed-source" project.
The owner of the "Slysoft Entity" is "Gone With The Wind" - so to speak.
-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back