• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Jacket Picture

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any way to preserve the jacket picture of movies (viewable when the dvd is stopped) when ripping with Clonedvd and burning with Nero?

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any way to preserve the jacket picture of movies (viewable when the dvd is stopped) when ripping with Clonedvd and burning with Nero?

I'm not sure that's possible in Clonedvd (other than taking a screenshot). You may need to use a third party program.

Easy. Just copy the jacket folder over to the burn folder. When you add the DVD to Nero to be burnt, remember to add the jacket folder aswell.

Hey, thanks to all of you who responded. Webslinger, sorry I posted in the wrong forum. I thought I might be able to preserve the picture with Clonedvd since that is the only ripping program I care to use.

Unfortunately, nothing worked. I normally uncheck the option for Clonedvd to create a video_ts subfolder, but I re-enabled that feature. I copied the Jacket_P folder to my rip folder so the dir contained video_ts, audio_ts, and jacket_p. I imported into Nero and got a great backup of the movie (Underworld Evolution), but no jacket pic. Then, I tried burning with Clonedvd instead. The result was the same.

Is there any benefit to burning with Nero as opposed to Clonedvd? I don't use Clone much for burning but it seems alot more "to the point" than Nero.

I understand that there is more important things on the front line right now (Blades of Glory) but any other ideas will be appreciated. This issue, however, is somewhat trivial to me--I'd like to be able to keep the jacket pic but my main concern is being able to back up my originals in the interest of lending out my copies. Thanks to Slysoft and the members of this forum, I'm able to do the aforementioned successfully!

Again, thank you all for your time.:clap:

Copying the JACKET_P folder over should do the trick. Are you trying it on the same player (don't mean to sound daft)?

Try ImgBurn and see how that goes.

linx05,

That's how I do it. I rip my discs with CloneDVD in dual layer mode. I use Recode to compress them to a folder on the hard drive. Copy the jacket_p folder to my recode compressed backup folder, and burn with ImgBurn. Works great.

Copying the JACKET_P folder over should do the trick. Are you trying it on the same player (don't mean to sound daft)?

Try ImgBurn and see how that goes.

Yeah, I tried it on the same player, but no jacket pic. Will Imgburn burn dvd files? I've never used it but I was always under the impression that it will only burn image files.

ImgBurn has a build mode that allows you to burn files from the hard drive onto a DVD with no problem. Make sure you have the latest version of ImgBurn and that you include the JACKET_P and VIDEO_TS directories when creating your DVD in build mode.

ImgBurn has a build mode that allows you to burn files from the hard drive onto a DVD with no problem. Make sure you have the latest version of ImgBurn and that you include the JACKET_P and VIDEO_TS directories when creating your DVD in build mode.

Samuri,

Thanks alot, it worked great. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I enabled "build mode" through image burn, then added jacket_p and video_ts directories. Next I wrote the two folders to an image file to another folder, then I burnt that image file to a dvd. Everything worked great. Do you get any difference in quality when using image burn to burn instead of Nero or Clonedvd?

Thanks again:bowdown:

Samuri,

Thanks alot, it worked great. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I enabled "build mode" through image burn, then added jacket_p and video_ts directories. Next I wrote the two folders to an image file to another folder, then I burnt that image file to a dvd. Everything worked great. Do you get any difference in quality when using image burn to burn instead of Nero or Clonedvd?

Thanks again:bowdown:
Just burning files with no compression? Should be no difference.

They were ripped with Clonedvd, compressed with Recode, and then rebuilt with Imgburn to preserve the jacket picture. The only difference is instead of burning transcoded dvd files, I'm burning an image file built from the transcoded dvd files.

Sorry, I don't think I was clear on my question. I guess what I'm asking is there any difference between burning an image file instead of dvd files (compressed or not)?

Thanks alot!

There's no need to write it out to an image before burning it if your only goal is to burn the disc and get rid of the files on your hard drive. (IOW, if you don't NEED an image file on the hard drive). You can completely eliminate that intermediate step and burn right from build mode.

As for your question, I believe ImgBurn to be the best burning solution, personally. I've used it on MANY discs and never once had a problem. (Warning to those with newer Samsung DVD players...discs burned with ImgBurn MAY have issues. ImgBurn will be updated at some point "soon" by LUK to correct the problem. If you have a Samsung player, you may wish to burn with Nero instead until ImgBurn is updated.) In any case, it sounds like things are working for you so that's great!

There's no need to write it out to an image before burning it if your only goal is to burn the disc and get rid of the files on your hard drive. (IOW, if you don't NEED an image file on the hard drive). You can completely eliminate that intermediate step and burn right from build mode.

As for your question, I believe ImgBurn to be the best burning solution, personally. I've used it on MANY discs and never once had a problem. (Warning to those with newer Samsung DVD players...discs burned with ImgBurn MAY have issues. ImgBurn will be updated at some point "soon" by LUK to correct the problem. If you have a Samsung player, you may wish to burn with Nero instead until ImgBurn is updated.) In any case, it sounds like things are working for you so that's great!

Thanks to everyone for their help. I think I see what you mean by skipping the intermediate step by switching the device output from an image file to my dvd burner in build mode.

Thanks again!

Easy. Just copy the jacket folder over to the burn folder. When you add the DVD to Nero to be burnt, remember to add the jacket folder aswell.

This is the way that I do it, but it would be REALLY nice if they could add this feature to CloneDVD to just copy this folder also if it exists to allow it to be included in the option to burn directly to the writer instead of having to do the intermediate step of writing files to hard disk, then using Nero to burn the files plus the Jacket folder. ANY CHANCE ON GETTING THAT ADDED TO THE NEXT RELEASE OF CLONEDVD???????

Back