• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Manifest.txt for High Resolution Displays?

LoneSwan

Until CloneBD has native support for those using higher resolution displays or large (1080P+, 16 X 9) monitors, perhaps someone can work out a "manifest" text file?

I tried the sample manifest.txt with detailed instructions, posted here:

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

The sample file did not work with CloneBD for display on my 42" LCD monitor set at 150% scaling under Windows 7. The program window can't be resized to fit without overscan. Other than that, it looks great!

There are a few other applications that have related display issues on my setup. The "manifest file" seems to be the right path to a fix, but I don't know how to modify the template.

Thanks to anyone that offers additional pointers.

Walker

CloneBD already has support for higher res screens. I'm using it under Win 10 with a UHD screen and no manifest file

The sample file did not work with CloneBD for display on my 42" LCD monitor set at 150% scaling under Windows 7. The program window can't be resized to fit without overscan. Other than that, it looks great!

Did I get that right: you have a 42" display with 1920x1080 resolution? That is not, what you'd call "high dpi", that may be part of the problem here.
Since you're using Windows 7, CloneBD can only display 100% or 200% of its original size (that is a limitation of the underlying Qt framework for Windows versions before 10 - I'm not entirely sure about W8).
So it's resizing to 200% in your case (150 rounded up). And that is too much, if you really only have 1920x1080 resolution.

check this out here:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/clonebd-1-1-3-0.71992/#post-460545

Not all of the 4 settings work with Windows 7, please try them all and let us know, what did the trick for you.

Thanks Pete!

Using the (undocumented) registry setting of [mode (value) = 0], I was able to achieve what I wanted. At this setting, CloneBD uses no DPI scaling, rendered at 100% and ignoring whatever Windows scaling factor is set.

The main problem encountered with Windows scaling is that it makes it impossible to resize the CloneBD program window (other than a trivial amount, which was useless). At 200% size (which is what CloneBD defaulted to with Windows scaling in use) the program window was over-sized and could not be fully seen without carefully dragging it to view the borders.

With CloneBD locked at 100% (view), it is possible to enlarge the window size to almost fill the screen. No problem with reading text, and though the clip preview is smaller than desired, it is still possible to see what is required to make editing choices.

My display monitor is 1080P at 42" size. Programs formerly used with 1024 X 768 resolution have text that is too small to read without Windows scaling. I was confused about the terms, because 1080 is "high" compared to x768, but not "ultra high" as with 4K displays. I have a 55" Ultra HD 4K display to replace the old 42", and I was concerned how it would work for computer use. Now, I have a much better understanding of what is happening with the program rendering.

Walker

My display monitor is 1080P at 42" size. Programs formerly used with 1024 X 768 resolution have text that is too small to read without Windows scaling. I was confused about the terms, because 1080 is "high" compared to x768, but not "ultra high" as with 4K displays. I have a 55" Ultra HD 4K display to replace the old 42", and I was concerned how it would work for computer use. Now, I have a much better understanding of what is happening with the program rendering.

DPI is not about the absolute numbers. It's "Dots per inch".

a 42" screen with 1920 pixels horizontally will have something near 52 dots per inch
a 24" screen with 1920 pixels (~the typical "Full HD" computer monitor) has about 92 DPI

and what you'd call "High DPI" display these days can be something like a 27" monitor with 3840x2160 has 163 DPI.

So your situation is rather even "very low DPI".

The reason for upscaling is, so the stuff you see on the screen doesn't get too small - on your 42" screen, if it were at a typical computer monitor distance from your eyes, a normal unscaled font would actually be huge and if anything you'd want to downscale it and not upscale it.
But I'm assuming you're a couple of metres away from it (or, depending on where you live, it may be feet), hence the reason for using that 150% setting?

I think it would be wise for the elbys to simply make sure, the scaling doesn't overgrow the window, so it no longer fits the screen. In other words: automatically set that undocumented setting you did in that case.

I'm assuming you're a couple of metres away from it (or, depending on where you live, it may be feet), hence the reason for using that 150% setting?

The 42" LCD TV is 3 meters (9+ feet) from my eyes. I saw that some media player apps are describing their interface view as a "10 foot display": meaning that they are designed to be viewed from sitting on a couch across the room. That is basically what I'm doing, which works great for video editing.

If I'm trying to use a tool such as BDedit, it is necessary to reset display to 100%(default). Then, I must stand next to the screen because the numbers in data tables are impossible to read, otherwise.

Back