• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Screenpass Help, patriots day, usa

BigAudio

here is a log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.0.0_Info_D_PATRIOTS_DAY_BD.ziplog
    543.6 KB · Views: 16
Since it's quite possible you have a different version of the disc (there are many variations produced in each sales region) you'll have to provide a log file of your original disc to be certain to get help. There's a helpful "read this" sticky posting at the top of the forum.

Also, since there are so many disc variations for screenpass, and each variation has a different correct playlist number, asking for or providing specific play list numbers won't help you or anyone else.

Cheers,

--michael

Since it's quite possible you have a different version of the disc (there are many variations produced in each sales region) you'll have to provide a log file of your original disc to be certain to get help. There's a helpful "read this" sticky posting at the top of the forum.

Also, since there are so many disc variations for screenpass, and each variation has a different correct playlist number, asking for or providing specific play list numbers won't help you or anyone else.

Cheers,

--michael

I used gereral1's Process Monitor method on it and found that the main title it was trying to load was the 00772.mpls. I renamed/swapped 00772 and the 00886 and now when I load it up I get a black screen at 00:00:00 run time and fast forwarding says it's disabled. HOWEVER, if I try to load the same movie with unsophisticated PC Blu-Ray freeware players (AunPlayer, VLC, etc.) it loads fine. PowerDVD has the same stuck at 00:00:00 problem as a commercial player.

It seems those are the .mpls, but now something else is messed up. I put it back to the way it was and now the movie loads again, but of course the screen pass error returns. I used process monitor again, and when you play the main title from the main menu, first it loads 00002.mpls which is the DTS X logo sequence, and then it loads the same 00772 from before.

Damn it Sony with all these contorted protection schemes :banghead:

Last edited:
I used gereral1's Process Monitor method on it and found that the main title it was trying to load was the 00772.mpls. I renamed/swapped 00772 and the 00886 and now when I load it up I get a black screen at 00:00:00 run time and fast forwarding says it's disabled. HOWEVER, if I try to load the same movie with unsophisticated PC Blu-Ray freeware players (AunPlayer, VLC, etc.) it loads fine. PowerDVD has the same stuck at 00:00:00 problem as a commercial player.

It seems those are the .mpls, but now something else is messed up. I put it back to the way it was and now the movie loads again, but of course the screen pass error returns. I used process monitor again, and when you play the main title from the main menu, first it loads 00002.mpls which is the DTS X logo sequence, and then it loads the same 00772 from before.

Damn it Sony with all these contorted protection schemes :banghead:

The movie studios/Blu-ray disc manufacturers have moved on from that Process Monitor trick, for at least the past year. Like mbarnstijn stated, you have to provide an AnyDVD log of the original disc, or a log of a protected iso image.

:)

Logfile is usless as it's done through VMWare

That is incorrect. VMWare logfiles are just as acceptable as normal ones. The only thing that matters is if it's a protected iso or an original disc

@Olympic in your case the logfile indicates you're using a decrypted ISO, which means if it doesn't play correctly, the damage is done. Screenpass cannot be "fixed" from a previously incorrectly decrypted disc. And as whatever_gong82 states, the process monitor trick hasn't been correct in about 6-8months now, licensed players such as PowerDVD now use a cached playlist which uses the correct scene order under the playlist number of an INCORRECT one. So when users do what like what you did, it still doesn't work.

The only way to get a proper fix if yours doesn't play right is with a logfile from the ORIGINAL DISC or a PROTECTED ISO. The decrypted ISO you have, you can safely delete. It's useless, the damage is done and irreversible.

That is incorrect. VMWare logfiles are just as acceptable as normal ones. The only thing that matters is if it's a protected iso or an original disc

@Olympic in your case the logfile indicates you're using a decrypted ISO, which means if it doesn't play correctly, the damage is done. Screenpass cannot be "fixed" from a previously incorrectly decrypted disc. And as whatever_gong82 states, the process monitor trick hasn't been correct in about 6-8months now, licensed players such as PowerDVD now use a cached playlist which uses the correct scene order under the playlist number of an INCORRECT one. So when users do what like what you did, it still doesn't work.

The only way to get a proper fix if yours doesn't play right is with a logfile from the ORIGINAL DISC or a PROTECTED ISO. The decrypted ISO you have, you can safely delete. It's useless, the damage is done and irreversible.

Ouch. I did notice that dumbed-down freeware Windows players have no problem with playing it though.

I don't know exactly how they work, but they basically go right to playing the main title and somehow find the right one. With PowerDVD or a commercial player, is there anyway to tell it which playlist to use if I know the correct one? More specifically, is there anyway to get this to play on PowerDVD or a commercial player, or do I need to go back to the original disc?

Thanks.

Ouch. I did notice that dumbed-down freeware Windows players have no problem with playing it though.

I don't know exactly how they work, but they basically go right to playing the main title and somehow find the right one. With PowerDVD or a commercial player, is there anyway to tell it which playlist to use if I know the correct one? More specifically, is there anyway to get this to play on PowerDVD or a commercial player, or do I need to go back to the original disc?

Thanks.
Like Ch3vr0n said, please use the original disc or an protected iso. The decrypted one is useless. You can safely delete it.

@Olympic That's not the point, being able to play the disc or not is irrelevant. Being able to play the movie scenes in the correct order, THAT is the point and a whole different ballgame. More often than not free players such as VLC GUESS the right playlist and usually pick the one with the longest playlist. In most cases that's the wrong one. Just because they're able to load a playlist doesn't mean they're loading the right one. That's the whole idea behind screenpass. To hide the actual correct playlist and/or scramble the scenes.

No, even with a commercial player it's not possible to "fix" the error. As stated, if it wasn't removed correctly the first time the damage is done and irreversible. The only way to fix the issue is to use the ORIGINAL disc (or a PROTECTED iso) and provide a logfile. Then the needed data will be added to the OPD and anydvd will be able to correctly decrypt the disc and create a correctly decrypted and behaving NEW ISO. Even if the needed data is added to the OPD, it will NOT fix the broken iso you currently have.

Delete it, it's useless.

@Olympic That's not the point, being able to play the disc or not is irrelevant. Being able to play the movie scenes in the correct order, THAT is the point and a whole different ballgame. More often than not free players such as VLC GUESS the right playlist and usually pick the one with the longest playlist. In most cases that's the wrong one. Just because they're able to load a playlist doesn't mean they're loading the right one. That's the whole idea behind screenpass. To hide the actual correct playlist and/or scramble the scenes.

No, even with a commercial player it's not possible to "fix" the error. As stated, if it wasn't removed correctly the first time the damage is done and irreversible. The only way to fix the issue is to use the ORIGINAL disc (or a PROTECTED iso) and provide a logfile. Then the needed data will be added to the OPD and anydvd will be able to correctly decrypt the disc and create a correctly decrypted and behaving NEW ISO. Even if the needed data is added to the OPD, it will NOT fix the broken iso you currently have.

Delete it, it's useless.

I'll give it another go with original.

More specifically, is there anyway to get this to play on PowerDVD or a commercial player, or do I need to go back to the original disc?

If you know the correct playlist, then you can create a "main movie only" rip from the files you have that will work fine in PowerDVD/commercial player.

As everyone has already said though, it's easier just to post a logfile from the original disc and get it fixed properly for you and other users.

No it won't.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Back