• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question on reqion

Mike9

Hi - just want to confirm something. My understanding is that AnyDVD can remove region code for Blu-ray, but that I still need to set my Blu-ray drive to the correct region via the Win10 Control Panel, is that correct? My understanding is that I can only switch the region on the drive a few times?

I an in Region A and want to buy a disc that is only available for Region B. I can't rip it without changing the setting on the drive?

Thanks.

You're misunderstanding. Drive regions are for DVD's. Blu-ray regions are stored at the DISC level. All you need to do is enable Blu-ray region remove, set it to always ask, and when you insert that region b disc, you specify region B. It is VITAL that when you remove an imported disc region, you specify the region of where you got the disc (or from the packaging). Specifying region A on an import disc that is not coded for playback on region A, WILL result in an unplayable backup.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Hi - just want to confirm something. My understanding is that AnyDVD can remove region code for Blu-ray, but that I still need to set my Blu-ray drive to the correct region via the Win10 Control Panel, is that correct? My understanding is that I can only switch the region on the drive a few times?

I an in Region A and want to buy a disc that is only available for Region B. I can't rip it without changing the setting on the drive?

Thanks.

The region setting in Windows is for DVD's only and not relevant to Blu-ray discs.
The region is set in the software player for Blu-ray discs.

AnyDVD will remove the region without changing any settings for as many discs as you want, the region check/lock for Blu-ray is on the disc and AnyDVD removes it - You just tell AnyDVD what region the disc is from and it will make it region free.

Edit - Ch3vr0n beat me to it :)

Thanks so much to both of you. I really appreciate the responses and clear instructions. Huge help!

Back