• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

no blu-ray on i945g

katzm

hi,

i have an aopen mp945-vxr barebone (http://minipc.aopen.com/Global/spec_945X.htm)
and installed the trial of anydvd hd.
but when I want to watch a blu-ray film, powerdvd always gives me the
error:
graphic/card / driver not supported.

is this because its the trial version pf anydvd hd?

I tested it with xp pro and vista ultimate 32bit, the same error.
and of course I installed the newest drivers for the integrated graphics.

Any help?

greetings

katz

Hi,

I'm sorry if I didn't look well but I don't see in the spec you linked to any mentioning of a BluRay drive. You need one to play BluRay discs. Can you verify this please? :)

yes, sorry, forgot to mention,

I have a pioneer bdc-202 drive in an external case connected via usb.

Even though anydvd hd takes away the factor of needing a hdcp compliant video card, a very high end video card is still needed and I never heard (myself that is) on a intregrated video card capable as of yet so I am willing to bet this is the issue at hand. I did look at your pc specs and noticed that it doesn't even mention what type of video card used can you tell us what kind it is?

Have a look in the settings of AnyDVD HD.

It's definitely because of the trial, because even the trial is a fully-working version.

Could be a PowerDVD problem, because I heard some of their stuff is a headache to use :D

hi,

i have an aopen mp945-vxr barebone (http://minipc.aopen.com/Global/spec_945X.htm)
and installed the trial of anydvd hd.
but when I want to watch a blu-ray film, powerdvd always gives me the
error:
graphic/card / driver not supported.

is this because its the trial version pf anydvd hd?

I tested it with xp pro and vista ultimate 32bit, the same error.
and of course I installed the newest drivers for the integrated graphics.

Any help?

greetings

katz

Your problem is VIDEO! The intel graphics chipset does not meet the PowerDVD minimums. The only manufacturers currently supported are High end ATI and some NVIDEA cards. Check the powerDVD site for a specific list. You will not be able to watch Blu-Ray or HD-DVD till you upgrade your video.

sh.t! so I need another software, is there any other software available to play
blu-ray disks?

btw, what does anydvd hd do? i thought, it enables graphic cards to play hdcp
protected content even if they are not hdcp capable?
so why does powerdvd realize that the graphic card is not hdcp-capable?

blu-ray disks?

You don't need other software, you need new hardware!

Look on the product page of AnyDVD HD and you'll read what it does. You don't have a graphics card so AnyDVD HD would be pointless in this case :)

blu-ray disks?

PowerDVD and WinDVD after you get a better video card one that isn't integrated.

Here is the link of the minimum viseo cards that will allow playback of Bluray or HD.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/supp...p?FID=2577&nProdId=31&ProdVerId=175&nCateId=5

Other hardware to consider.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/supp...windex2=0&nProdId=31&nProdVerId=175&nCateId=5

arrgh! there it fades away, the dream of my stylish blu-ray htpc... :(

so I guess, this
http://minipc.aopen.com/Global/news/20070718.htm
thing makes also no sense because it has no nvidia/ati graphics.

shame on aopen not to mention it anywhere.

thanks for the quick and many responses!

Last edited:
Sorry not without one of the video cards I linked you on.

@ ivanX
"Look on the product page of AnyDVD HD and you'll read what it does. You don't have a graphics card so AnyDVD HD would be pointless in this case"

this is not correct: on the product page there is written:

# watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.
# playback of discs on the PC with PowerDVD Ultra, which otherwise do not run

and so as i do have a graphic card (no matter if its integrated) and can expect that
I can watch blu-ray by using anydvd-hd.
nowhere on this page there is mentioned that it works only with nvidia/Ati graphics.
according to the system requiremenst on this site, I should be abvle to play blu-ray! (core2 duo t7400, 2gb ram)

Last edited:
You just don't get it!

@ ivanX
"Look on the product page of AnyDVD HD and you'll read what it does. You don't have a graphics card so AnyDVD HD would be pointless in this case"

this is not correct: on the product page there is written:

# watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display.
# playback of discs on the PC with PowerDVD Ultra, which otherwise do not run

and so as i do have a graphic card (no matter if its integrated) and can expect that
I can watch blu-ray by using anydvd-hd.
nowhere on this page there is mentioned that it works only with nvidia/Ati graphics.
according to the system requiremenst on this site, I should be abvle to play blu-ray! (core2 duo t7400, 2gb ram)

AnyDVD/HD does what it is suppossed to. It gets rid of the HDCP restrictions. The reason that one of the ATI or Nvidea cards are required is that to display in HD you need sufficient co-processing by the graphic processing unit and the ability of the video card to handle up to 1080P output. This is NOT an HDCP issue. The player software makes for these requirements. With a lesser video card, even if one could play the movie, you would get a lousey picture with lots of dropped frames. The data rate for HD and Blu-ray is just to high for video that is built onto your motherboard.

You can watch blu-ray or HD on any system that is supported by the player software whether it is HDCP or not. This is the restriction. If the player wont work why do you blame AnyDVD/HD?

Most, if not all of us here, had to upgrade our Video as well as purchase a HD-DVD and/or Blu-ray drive to watch these movies. And, even if you can't watch movies at this time with AnyDVD/HD you can still rip to HD any movies you like for viewing when you upgrade your video.

Next thing you'll be asking is why you can't display Blu-ray movies in 1080P on a standard def. tube type TV with a maximum input of 480i using anyDVD/HD and your HTPC.

yes, I did get it already, my graphic card is too weak for decoding, with my last post I only wanted to make clear that I'm not a
dummy that doesnt't read the manual!!!!
I'M just saying, if I look on the system requirements for anydvd hd on this page,
I must expect that i can play blu-ray disks.

quote: "Playback your discs on your PC with PowerDVD Ultra, which otherwise do not run (titles released by Studio Canal, The Weinstein Company, Kinowelt, Optimum Releasing)"

can you tell me where on this side I can find the information that you just gave me? All I see is: if you cannot watch blu-ray, get anydvd hd and you can!

I do not blame slysoft or anydvd for anything, i just dont want to be treated as a idiot or noob who just wants to nag !
btw: I did purchase it yesterday for my other destop pc.

According to this site it is possible to play Hi-Def movies with integrated graphics: http://techreport.com/ja.zz?id=196555. This is how i see it - the CPU does the grunt work, but as hi-def video decoding takes an awful lot of CPU cycles (particularly those utilising the h.264 codec) then any assisted decoding by the graphics card is a bonus and you are far less likely to have any dropped frames. The only graphics cards to offer hardware decoding of hi-def movies are nVidia (7600GT & up) or ATI (x1600 & up). What spec is your CPU?

Maybe the current version of PowerDVD will not run without a graphics card capable of hardware decoding. Makes you wonder if someone who bought a Quad-core machine but skimped on the graphics won't be able to play hi-def when obviously they could do it in spades if it was CPU-only decoding.

Last edited:
thanks, I downloaded the powerdvd patch, but still the same error.
disappointing...
my cpu is a core2duo merom processor, t7200 with 2ghz speed, it should be strong
enough to decode hd content

thanks, I downloaded the powerdvd patch, but still the same error.
disappointing...
my cpu is a core2duo merom processor, t7200 with 2ghz speed, it should be strong

It is but the video card can't handle the HD content as there is no power behind it, not hdcp, but no power to run hd content.

You can play HD-DVD/Blu-Ray with an Intel 945 graphics chip and AnyDVD HD, if your processor has plenty of power, using Media Player Classic.
You can do anything with enough processor power!

Core2 Duo 1.8GHz will do the trick.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=892527

No nice menus, just the movie.

This will work just fine (the Cyberlink patch doesn't work with an Intel 945).

Last edited:
thanxxx!!!!!!!!!!! I will try it. thank you VERY much!

Back