• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 Released

I have tried many times to install the new 6.1.7.0 and I get an error every time. It says: " Error opening file for writing: c:\...\anydvd.exe

I have tried many times to install the new 6.1.7.0 and I get an error every time. It says: " Error opening file for writing: c:\...\anydvd.exe

This may be caused by AnyDVD running at the same time. Please disable when installing new version :)

Plus the Blu-ray and HD-DVD blank discs cost anywhere from $17 to $21 each from what I have seen. However I did hear that if you have the right equipment high def is really nice.

Question: Is it safe to assume that Blu-ray and HD-DVD doesn't have to be compressed (for now) since the discs hold so much data? I haven't researched that but I would think the blanks and the retail would be close to the same size or the retails being a little smaller.

If anyone here does either yet I would be curious on what the average size movie is for each format.

Nope checked the processes and AnyDVD is not running

This is going to sound like overkill, but try to uninstall both and reinstall both. Also try to install with Anti-virus disabled...and check anything that may be blocked it.

Is the error a Windows or Slysoft dialogue box? That may tell something.

I also get the same message and my system will not allow an Uninstall for the same reason. It is telling me that the file is in use. I have verified that AnyDVD is NOT running and checked the processes in Task Manager and find no process. Reboots also result in the same error.

Nope checked the processes and AnyDVD is not running

SpyBot TeaTimer?
EDIT: Other Spyware, Ant-Virus, .... software? Switch these programs off when installing / uninstalling.

Let's see...try uninstalling it in Safe Mode.

System Restore to the point just before the upgrade was done is always a last reset option or a backup if you have one. Of course if Spybot or something is doing it that won't help.

Edit: errr I should have let the official folks help out and not replied. Mods delete this post if you can. Sorry for the interrupt.

SpyBot Teatimer process killed and the installed went without error. Thanks for the help!!!

SpyBot Teatimer process killed and the installed went without error. Thanks for the help!!!

I strongly advise not to use SpyBot TeaTimer. It really is a pain ...

I've heard the same from several places. I've never used it myself...thankfully.

I strongly advise not to use SpyBot TeaTimer. It really is a pain ...

No, it's not a pain. It's FAR more insidious than that. The problem isn't just that it locks tasks so they can't be modified, it ALSO messes with the registry in ways that are difficult to fix after you remove the stupid thing. I had to reinstall my OS the first and only time I ever tried that thing. Otherwise I'd get random bizarre errors that I eventually tracked to a corrupt registry.

Back