• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CDVD gets indigestion

Greeny

I am in the process of evaluating CDVD and have a couple of observations. It is a nice and easy to use program with handy options but I have encountered a couple of problems. The most notable is when I tried to copy the Terminator SE disk. CDVD would run until it got to the scene where the terminator yanks a fat bearded fellow away from a pay phone so that he can access the directory pages for Sarah Conner's address. It would then stall and give a CRC error. The original disk plays fine on three different players. BTW, I am running AnyDVD... :confused:

I went to the forum and checked the FAQ's, noting all of the caveats for failure. I ran the Nero "speed" test and the disk passed without a hitch. I then made an image of the disk with the Nero 6 OEM software that came free with my Lite-On burner. No problems there, I made the image and burned it to a blank TDK disk. I even ran the Nero "verification" check after the burn. It passed...

My opinion is that the CDVD program has problems and the forum advice points in all directions (bad media, bad drive, etc.), except to the fact that there is a problem with the program itself in being able to read the data on the disk. I think that I will stick to the Nero freeware until they get the bugs out...

Thanks...

For all the helpful tips. Your response: "If there were an issue with Clonedvd, I would have problems producing backups in general--and I'm not." is not very helpful because I AM having an issue... Nero Express can read any disk and make an image of it for burning. Clone DVD has issues.

Not being a computer genius I do not see the need for going into the registry to do edits and jiggering with the device drivers, etc. (I run XP SP2) What I am looking for is a program that works and does not require all of the above to make it do so. Thanks again...;)

Not being a computer genius I do not see the need for going into the registry to do edits and jiggering with the device drivers, etc. (I run XP SP2) What I am looking for is a program that works and does not require all of the above to make it do so. Thanks again...;)

If you don't want to troubleshoot an issue that you're having, I fail to see the point in posting--other than to troll. And Clonedvd works perfectly fine.

As for "jiggering"--uhh suit yourself:

1. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=24410&postcount=18

and then

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=24429&postcount=35

2. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=24410&postcount=18

and then

read http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=24429&postcount=35

etc.

Last edited:
AnyDVD works, CloneDVD works. Over 85% of help desk problems are USER related. I had no issues backing that DVD up.

the USER replies

Agreed, we can now add a new caveat to the reasons why CDVD is unable to read a certain disk: "your computer is not configured properly".

Now perhaps you can tell me why Nero 6 Express can read the contents of the TSE disk on my computer/drive and make an image of it while CDVD cannot?

As I have said above, one of the primary selling points of software is ease of use. Blaming all of the problems on the user and their hardware hardly seems like a strong suit.:confused:

I am in the process of evaluating CDVD and have a couple of observations. It is a nice and easy to use program with handy options but I have encountered a couple of problems. The most notable is when I tried to copy the Terminator SE disk. CDVD would run until it got to the scene where the terminator yanks a fat bearded fellow away from a pay phone so that he can access the directory pages for Sarah Conner's address. It would then stall and give a CRC error. The original disk plays fine on three different players. BTW, I am running AnyDVD... :confused:

I went to the forum and checked the FAQ's, noting all of the caveats for failure. I ran the Nero "speed" test and the disk passed without a hitch. I then made an image of the disk with the Nero 6 OEM software that came free with my Lite-On burner. No problems there, I made the image and burned it to a blank TDK disk. I even ran the Nero "verification" check after the burn. It passed...

My opinion is that the CDVD program has problems and the forum advice points in all directions (bad media, bad drive, etc.), except to the fact that there is a problem with the program itself in being able to read the data on the disk. I think that I will stick to the Nero freeware until they get the bugs out...
No. Thousands of people have used CloneDVD with none of those problems. It IS you! If you cooperate with Webslinger you would get the problems fixed.

were the images you made and burned with nero playable on a dvd player. or just that you can create the image? i have seen that happen with game cds. you could create an image just fine, you could burn it just fine, but when you try to install it it would not let you.

so you are using the latest version of AnyDVD to rip it to your HDD then trying to use CloneDVD to burn it to disc?

Yes...

Nero can read the disk, create an image and I can burn it to a blank disk that plays in any DVD player.

re: "so you are using the latest version of AnyDVD to rip it to your HDD then trying to use CloneDVD to burn it to disc?"

I am not ripping with AnyDVD, I am running CDVD and using the "Clone DVD" selection that appears on the opening screen...

try using anydvd to rip to hard disk, then use clonedvd to burn.

Now perhaps you can tell me why Nero 6 Express can read the contents of the TSE disk on my computer/drive and make an image of it while CDVD cannot?

Because, in all likelyhood, something is conflicting with Clonedvd on your system--and not conflicting with Nero.

Last edited:
try using anydvd to rip to hard disk, then use clonedvd to burn.
Sure, that will work but it eliminates any of the menu options that are available in CDVD, the main reason why I was evaluating it. The point remains that CDVD cannot read the disk.

Sure, that will work but it eliminates any of the menu options that are available in CDVD, the main reason why I was evaluating it. The point remains that CDVD cannot read the disk.
No, you could select the ripped files from AnyDVD in CloneDVD I believe.

I am ripping "Payback" with Mel Gibson as we speak. I will try burning it with CDVD...
update: AnyDVD aborted the rip of Payback at around 40%... Nero made an image of it without a problem. Obviously, there is some sort of "conflict" on my machine. Slysoft should be the one who figures out what it is, not me.

update: AnyDVD aborted the rip of Payback at around 40%... Nero made an image of it without a problem. Obviously, there is some sort of "conflict" on my machine. Slysoft should be the one who figures out what it is, not me.
How can we figure it out if you don't give us information?

Your machine, your conflict. The vast majority of us have no conflicts to resolve.....

Obviously, there is some sort of "conflict" on my machine. Slysoft should be the one who figures out what it is, not me.

lol

You expect companies to diagnose your conflict--without you providing requested information? Not happening in this universe

@ Greeny,

Follow Forum Member Webslinger suggestions as outlined in posting #4 in this thread.
Greeny said:
.....Obviously, there is some sort of "conflict" on my machine.....
You are probably correct that there is possibly a conflict with 3rd party software drivers. Forum Member Webslinger suggestions outlined in posting #4 will correct these possible 3rd party software conflicts but it appears that instead of taking action to correct this problem you want be argumentative and cantankerous. That’s your choice. It’s also the choice of Forum Members to choose to ignore your request for assistance.

Regards,
Coaster

Posted by Greeny
soft should be the one who figures out what it is, not me.
I am sorry for your problems but we don't have any techs in your neighborhood today. All kidding aside, you aren't serious are you?:policeman:

Back