• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Smaller file?

Hardass

Is there any way to make the ripped file smaller, to take up less room on hdd??

You could strip out audio tracks extras etc, other than that you'd need to re-encode the footage, same as on a DVD

You could strip out audio tracks extras etc, other than that you'd need to re-encode the footage, same as on a DVD

What does re-encoding do? Is there a thread somewhere that shows how to do this?

What does re-encoding do? Is there a thread somewhere that shows how to do this?

Re-encoding basically means recreating the same video file with lower settings for video resolution and audio for smaller file size :)

So I guess this means I just have to go buy a couple huge hdds.:(

So I guess this means I just have to go buy a couple huge hdds.:(

When dealing with HD stuff, by definition, you need plenty more storage space. Thankfully, prices of HDDs are falling all the time :)

when you shrink a dvd to go from a dvd9 to a dvd5 you are effectively re-encoding it

back to stripping out audio and extras,

how can you tell which is the main movie and the audio you want?

I'm all for stripping out the trailers and french souindtrack if I can

remember when going about to make it a smaller file quality loss may be there too so that means no reason to have HD-DVD's or BD's files.

remember when going about to make it a smaller file quality loss may be there too so that means no reason to have HD-DVD's or BD's files.
Yeah, compressing a high definition file makes no sense since it defeats the purpose.

I don't want to compress the file, just remove the extra junk and leave the movie with the audio

I don't want to compress the file, just remove the extra junk and leave the movie with the audio

Currently there is nothing that I am aware of that anydvd hd that can do this all you can do is the whole disc currently. I am sure elby is working on a HD/BD version of CloneDVD2.

Well compressing a HD movie would be beneficial to those such as myself who only have a 720p monitor. but then again that is recoding not compressing.

you could just delete all files except the evo files, and even most of those could go. just keep the movie files.

Well compressing a HD movie would be beneficial to those such as myself who only have a 720p monitor. but then again that is recoding not compressing.

you could just delete all files except the evo files, and even most of those could go. just keep the movie files.
If you can't take advantage of the HD, then compressing it is ok.

Back