• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
well lets hope AMD/nVidia will be able to implement SGX too at the driver level. Afterall there is an SDK for it

Isn't SGX Intel-exclusive technology? And still, that wouldn't cover CPU and MoBo anyway

Isn't SGX Intel-exclusive technology? And still, that wouldn't cover CPU and MoBo anyway
Yes I'm a little puzzled as to why a motherboard (or even a GPU as mentioned in one comment) would need or even be able to support SGX.
It's requirement for UHD disks in PDVD 17 is presumably as a means of preventing reverse engineering, and/or of making it harder to suck the decrypted video out into some other piece of video capture type software while it's playing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_Guard_Extensions

Last edited:
Hi,
thanks for the tool, did activate SGX on my Z270 Mobo and the tool shows me it is in use.
Did a short test with Netflix, but didn't get it in 4K. Is there something to setup or an
certain update for Win10 so 4K works with Netflix? do I need to set the resolution to UHD?

Hi,
thanks for the tool, did activate SGX on my Z270 Mobo and the tool shows me it is in use.
Did a short test with Netflix, but didn't get it in 4K. Is there something to setup or an
certain update for Win10 so 4K works with Netflix? do I need to set the resolution to UHD?

Did you connect the HDMI cable to the Intel GPU?? You have to use the Netflix App from Windows Store

Last edited:
You have to use the Netflix App from Windows Store?

I don't think the app supports 4k, you have to use Edge Browser.

certain update for Win10 so 4K works with Netflix?

You need Windows 10 Anniversary update (1607)

On a side note is SGX required for Netflix 4k? I thought it was Microsoft's "Playready" or whatever they call it.
I only remember SGX mentioned by Cyberlink for UHD BD (to protect keys getting leaked like previously)

Tryed the win10 App, so will try Microsoft Edge browser next...

Will Playready get installed automatically when trying to use Netflix 4K
or do I have to install it first?

Honestely don't know if SGX is required for Netflix 4K. It seemed like it is
to me, after reading this thread and the report from blu-ray.com forum.

MisterXDTV, yes HDMI Mobo to AV-Receiver to Projector, all able to handle
HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2. I have no extra GPU in my HTPC.

I don't think the app supports 4k, you have to use Edge Browser.
Tryed the win10 App, so will try Microsoft Edge browser next...

I was wrong, according to Netflix the Windows 10 app does support 4k.

Will Playready get installed automatically when trying to use Netflix 4K
or do I have to install it first?

As far as I know, Playready should automatically work. I don't have a compliant PC, so I haven't tried myself.

Netflix didn't mention SGX specifically but the Kaby Lake + iGPU requirement speaks for itself....

UHD BD and Netflix seem to have exactly the same requirements. It's copy protected 4K content just the same

Just upgrade to window 10. Upgraded to hdmi 2.0b rx 470 card that supports hdr. I'll download Netflix app when I get home and see if the cpu will restrict the 4. My TV and graphic card are 2.2 hdcp compliance. My cpu no. If it works that would be great. If not my TV already has 4k Netflix that works fine.

Just upgrade to window 10. Upgraded to hdmi 2.0b rx 470 card that supports hdr. I'll download Netflix app when I get home and see if the cpu will restrict the 4. My TV and graphic card are 2.2 hdcp compliance. My cpu no. If it works that would be great. If not my TV already has 4k Netflix that works fine.

It won't work: Kaby Lake CPU/MoBo + iGPU is the only way

It won't work: Kaby Lake CPU/MoBo + iGPU is the only way
That's OK. ... if I build another pc I'll buy kaby lake. I was talking to a network administrator about pcie riser cards to use old pic hardware. My 8 channel maudio 1010lt can be put in new motherboards. For me this is important to have lpcm 8 channel sound. I'm excited to look into m2 technology with pcie ssd drives.

Netflix didn't mention SGX specifically but the Kaby Lake + iGPU requirement speaks for itself....
UHD BD and Netflix seem to have exactly the same requirements. It's copy protected 4K content just the same

SGX and PlayReady are separate DRM, it just happens that Kaby Lake support both types, so it's possible Netflix does not need SGX (just like UHD BD won't use PlayReady)
Netflix and BD's have always had completely different DRM systems.

AACS LA have required SGX for safe key decryption (most likely since PowerDVD leaked keys previously), obviously this isn't relevant to Netflix as they don't use this type of copy protection.

SGX and PlayReady are separate DRM, it just happens that Kaby Lake support both types, so it's possible Netflix does not need SGX (just like UHD BD won't use PlayReady)
Netflix and BD's have always had completely different DRM systems.

AACS LA have required SGX for safe key decryption (most likely since PowerDVD leaked keys previously), obviously this isn't relevant to Netflix as they don't use this type of copy protection.
I promised on Friday I'll post update on this to tell you all for sure if Netflix will work in 4k with new hdcp 2.2 GPUs like the one I just bought.

I promised on Friday I'll post update on this to tell you all for sure if Netflix will work in 4k with new hdcp 2.2 GPUs like the one I just bought.

It doesn't. I've tried myself with a HDCP 2.2 card. A compliant Intel iGPU is required (which I don't have)
I'm just questioning the SGX element for Netflix, since they are using PlayReady. Not that it really matters, since Kaby Lake works with both anyway.

Back