• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
I said internet check: it means on PDVD 17 internet connection IS required to play UHD discs....

On stand-alone players I can play discs without internet connection at all...

Then you need to re-read. Internet connection required for:

'Program activation'

'first time play of an Ultra HD Blu-ray movie', that's because there's some kind of correction made to servers. This is a requirement by aacs 2.0. the second time you insert that disc, it should work fine

'other online services', likely things such as theirs moovielive crap, version update check,...

That's no different from AnyDVD. It requires an internet connection too for certain 'online services'.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Just installed PDVD 17 on my laptop that only has access to the GTX 1060, and even though I have SGX enabled in the BIOS I get an error about the GPU not meeting requirements. So I can't verify if my LG external drive will play my UHD discs or not, but the fact it tries and fails with a GPU error seems to imply that the drive can be read, or at least in as much that it recognises it's a UHD disc

Considering most "serious" HTPCs have graphics cards installed. I find it hard to fathom that Cyberlink would/will only support Intel on-board graphics.
Something doesn't quite pass the smell test there. Ya think?
-W

Then you need to re-read. Internet connection required for:

'Program activation'

'first time play of an Ultra HD Blu-ray movie', that's because there's some kind of correction made to servers. This is a requirement by aacs 2.0. the second time you insert that disc, it should work fine

'other online services', likely things such as theirs moovielive crap, version update check,...

That's no different from AnyDVD. It requires an internet connection too for certain 'online services'.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Well that doesn't make it right. PowerDVD 17 is useless for UHD-BD for 99% of the PCs on the planet.... It's basically a scam.

It's tragic to see customers treated this way

So you selling the 680 on the cheap? :D
-W
It got sold weeks ago, like the rest of the system. The only thing that's left of it is the chassis. I squeezed a couple hundred euro of that old rig.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Considering most "serious" HTPCs have graphics cards installed. I find it hard to fathom that Cyberlink would/will only support Intel on-board graphics.

If it turns out to be the case, you would think Nvidia/AMD would have something to say about it at least, especially since PowerDVD will most likely be the only option for UHD BD playback on a PC.

Well that doesn't make it right. PowerDVD 17 is useless for UHD-BD for 99% of the PCs on the planet.... It's basically a scam. It's tragic to see customers treated this way

In fairness to Cyberlink, it's rules they have to follow to get their license for UHD BD playback. I don't think they get much say in it.

My CPU 100% supports SGX. My 6700k's product code is "bX80662I76700K" which links to https://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz. Under the section of Intel Data Protection technology "YES" at "Intel Software Guard Extensions".
It's the S-Spec code that matters, not the CPU part number as i already told you here: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/ultra-hd-blu-ray-is-slysoft-support-coming.67139/page-5#post-459883

BX80662I76700K can be both - SR2BR or SR2L0.

Well i have good news and i have bad news. First the good, before i'll disappoint you lot. MY 6700k has S-Spec SR2L0, meaning it supports Intel SGX, now the bad news. I've heard back from Asus and at least my motherboard Maximus VIII formula (and more importantly it's BIOS) does NOT support Intel SGX. Since that's pretty tied to the chipset used it's highly likely that ANY and ALL boards using the Z170 chipsets are screwed. Asus failed to respond to the GTX 1080 part of the question but they did say "At this moment we don't have any products on the market that support Intel SGX". Since that's a bit vague, i asked for clarification on the GPU part but i'm pretty positive it'll be a NO on that front too. Right now it doesn't look good for any Z170 chipset board or even GTX 10xx users.

Its highly likely that only NEW systems based upon the Z270 chipset will work for UHD playback, which will be a very limited market right now. I don't blame cyberlink for the system requirements, it's that goddamn AACS 2.0 that requires support for SGX as well. If it only would have been support for AACS 2.0/HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 then a whole lot more systems would support UHD.

I'll update when i have a response from asus on the GPU front.

The problem is not AACS 2.0: it's BDA that required Cyberlink to implement this limitations on PC that make PowerDVD 17 worthless for 99% of PCs on the planet

Stand-alone players don't have Intel SGX and the discs work just fine.

So we just have to trust RedFox to do its magic and break AACS 2.0: at that point bye bye Cyberlink. I will use MPC-HC or something like that

I hope that'll be the case, right now i'm not holding much faith or AnyDVD would have to fool PDVD 17 into thinking it's running on an SGX enabled system (like it can fool PDVD into thinking there's a HDCP compliant display attached when there's not)

I got the impression it was pretty easy for James to tweak the dll file(s) in Power DVD to get around Cinavia, here's hoping that it will seemingly be that easy for this.

Last edited:
My laptop uses a Z170 chipset board and has SGX enabled in the BIOS, so it should be possible

Guess I'll have to dig through the bios at one point, I'd have to enable the iGPU anyway to do UHD.

I have Skylake 6700 too, but even if I could enable SGX in BIOS, HDMI version is 1.4 on the iGPU (Intel 530), so no HDCP 2.2.

If it's an option in the BIOS to enable then that means it actually has SGX as long as the CPU supports it which mine does as it's a 7700K, I just can't use PDVD to play back UHD as I only have the GTX 1060 available

If your laptop has a 7700k then it doesn't use the Z170 but the Z270 chipset. You should be able to enable the built in gpu (iGPU) to run UHD. Though it may be labelled differently.

Nope it uses a Z170 board. I built it so I know what's inside it. My current model hasn't been updated to the Z270 chipset yet.

There's no way to enable the Intel GPU as it isn't connected to anything

There should be. There's no need to use the on board video ports, it's a BIOS switch which then makes it show up in device manager.

Back