• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Crashed when computer resumed from sleep

tbessie

I resumed my desktop machine from sleep, and I saw 3 duplicate dialogs onscreen saying that I should email a log file to RedFox (tho' I didn't write down the email address, so I'm posting the crash log here).

Anyone had this problem?

- Tim

I resumed my desktop machine from sleep, and I saw 3 duplicate dialogs onscreen saying that I should email a log file to RedFox (tho' I didn't write down the email address, so I'm posting the crash log here).

Anyone had this problem?

- Tim
NO-In my experience you should shut down computer and not put in sleep mode because computer loses some memory which is used up and should be refreshed by restarting or shutting down.

Agreed - but sometime PC's (particularly laptops) do go to sleep is unattended.

-W

Me neither with this new system. At least not myself. The only reboot is when win 10 forces me to with the updates, but it push that as long as possible (like when it starts to bug me a few times a day for a reboot after installing the updates).

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

With an SSD a reboot takes about 10 seconds.
I guess that's why it doesn't annoy me to reboot often.
-W

takes me about 30 seconds to get back into window. But that's because it has to do a lot of port checks. ALL internal sata headers are occupied and in use, along with 3/4 of the back USB ports and half the front ones on the chassis front (i even had to use an NZXT IU01 internal USB expansion hub) to accomodate everything i use :p. Right now i'm sitting on just under 26d uptime

Not reported here. Does it do this ALL the time - or was that a "on off" thing?
-W

Since the last update, it has been doing this every time I awaken the computer from sleep.

- Tim

The reason I put the computer to sleep is, this is my HTPC and is a media server, and I stream music to my bedroom from it. So, typical nighttime ritual is wake it from sleep (with the power button, and not turning on the screen), and morning ritual is to put it back to sleep.

Until recently, I've never seen this problem occur.

Today, when I woke the computer, there were about 8 of these same error dialogs onscreen.

- Tim

The reason I put the computer to sleep is, this is my HTPC and is a media server, and I stream music to my bedroom from it. So, typical nighttime ritual is wake it from sleep (with the power button, and not turning on the screen), and morning ritual is to put it back to sleep.

Until recently, I've never seen this problem occur.

Today, when I woke the computer, there were about 8 of these same error dialogs onscreen.

- Tim
Please post an AnyDVD logfile from a random disc. Thank you.

EDIT: Was a disc in any drive (virtual or physical) when the computer went to sleep?

Please post an AnyDVD logfile from a random disc. Thank you.

EDIT: Was a disc in any drive (virtual or physical) when the computer went to sleep?

Is the log file I posted in this thread not sufficient?

There was no disc in any drive (virtual or physical) any of the times when the computer went to sleep. I just woke the computer up just now, and had 5 of the dialogs onscreen.

- Tim

You posted a dump, the developer asked now for a logfile.
It might have clues as to how this is happening.
-W

Last edited:
You posted a dump, the developer asked now for a logfile.
It might have clues as to how this is happening.
-W

Ah, sorry, I thought they were the same thing.

The latest development build that I tried seems to have stopped this from happening, in any case. But I'll post a log if I see it happen again.

- Tim

Back