• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

hadar

39868b74ea9b145ff6acaa026092.png
  • Enjoy Ultra HD Blu-ray movies with 4x the resolution.
  • Experience high contrast and color fidelity with HDR (high dynamic range) video.
  • Immerse yourself in your media in VR mode, with support for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift virtual reality headsets.
  • Boost regular video to HDR with TrueTheater HDR.
  • Watch YouTube videos with Full HD and Ultra HD (4K) quality, and YouTube VR/360 videos.
  • Import Windows Media Player playlists in one click.
  • Revamped audio engine for improved audio output.

Last edited:
39868b74ea9b145ff6acaa026092.png

The system requirements listed below are recommended as minimums. The system requirements for CyberLink PowerDVD vary depending on the movie content you are watching. 3D technologies require additional hardware to view 3D movie content. Please see the Hardware Support section on the CyberLink PowerDVD web site for more details about 3D hardware and graphics card support.

CyberLink PowerDVD optimizes performance by selecting the appropriate video de-interlacing algorithm for the available processing power. CyberLink PowerDVD maintains its support for processors below 1.6 GHz by ensuring that some CyberLink TrueTheater technologies are turned off by default. CyberLink PowerDVD's advanced audio and video technologies function better when used with processors above 2.4 GHz.

Operating System
Ultra HD Blu-ray
•Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit with 2015 Nov. updates).

VR Mode
•Windows 10/8.1/7 SP1.

Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and TrueTheater 3D Playback
•Microsoft Windows 10/8/8.1/7.

CPU
Ultra HD Blu-ray
•Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors and above that support the Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology.

VR Mode
•Intel i5-4590, AMD FX 8350 equivalent.

•Blu-ray Disc playback: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66GHz), AMD Phenom 9450 (2.10GHz).

•Blu-ray 3D playback: Intel Core i5, AMD Phenom II X4.

•TrueTheater HD** and TrueTheater 3D** for Blu-ray and HD video: Intel Core i5 (with 4 Cores), AMD Phenom II X6.

•DVD playback: Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz), Athlon 64 2800+ (1.8 GHz), AMD Fusion E-series & C-series.

Note: ** some Fox titles released from Jul. 2013 will not support TrueTheater HD or TrueTheater 3D.

4K Ultra HD with Hardware Acceleration
•Intel 3rd generation Core i5.

Note: CyberLink PowerDVD supports 4K Ultra HD video in H.264 / MP4 format at bitrates up to 60 Mbps.

VGA
Ultra HD Blu-ray
•Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors integrated with Intel HD Graphics 630, Intel Iris™ Graphics 640.

Note: Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only if a display is powered by Intel Graphics and supports HDCP 2.2. If your computer includes more than one graphics processor, Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics.

VR Mode
•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, AMD Radeon R9 290 equivalent.

Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and TrueTheater HD/3D Playback
•Intel HD Graphics, ATI Radeon HD 5000, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT.

Note: we strongly recommend that you update your graphics card driver to the latest version. 3D display devices are required for TrueTheater 3D playback.

Blu-ray 3D playback
•Intel HD Graphic (Intel Core i5), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series and GeForce GT 240/320/330/340, AMD Radeon HD 6000 and 6000M series with UVD 3 support.

DVD Playback
•PCI Express graphic accelerator supporting DirectX 9.0.

Mainboard (Motherboard)
Ultra HD Blu-ray
•A mainboard is required which supports the Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology. The Intel SGX feature needs to be enabled in the BIOS* settings and allocated with 128 MB or above memory space.

Note: to output Ultra HD Blu-ray movies to an external display, the connection port embedded on the mainboard must support HDCP 2.2. For laptop PCs, please refer to the specification of your laptop to see if the external display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort) supports HDCP 2.2 output.

Memory
Ultra HD Blu-ray/VR Mode
•4 GB (6 GB recommended).

•Blu-ray Disc playback: 2 GB required for Windows 10, 8.1/8/7.

•DVD and TrueTheater 3D playback: 1 GB required for Windows 10, 8.1/8/7

Blu-ray 3D with or without Hardware Acceleration
•2 GB.

Hard Disk Space
•500 MB for product installation.

Display Device
Ultra HD Blu-ray
•Display device with HDMI 2.0a/DisplayPort 1.3 or above connection interface, and must support HDCP 2.2.

•Screen resolution: Ultra HD resolution (3840 x 2160).

Note: when playing video on displays larger than Quad HD+ (or any file greater than 3300 X 1900 resolution), CyberLink PowerDVD enters a high performance mode that disables some non-essential playback features. In this mode the following features are unavailable:

•Video rotation.

•Video Scene Selector (Video mark in/out).

•Instant Preview.

•Instant Zoom (Zoom in/out).

•Dual subtitle display.

•Subtitle customization for font, color, and size.

If required, you can disable high performance mode in video settings.

•Display connection: HDMI 2.0a/DisplayPort 1.3 or above version cable without any adapters/splitters/repeaters.

Note: to enable the High Dynamic Range (HDR) feature of Ultra HD Blu-ray movies, the display device must support the HDR display feature and 10-bit color depth display capability with an HDMI 2.0a/DisplayPort 1.4 connection interface. If your display device doesn't support the HDR feature, PowerDVD will play back the Ultra HD Blu-ray movie under Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) mode.

•For Blu-ray titles with AACS and DVD titles with CPRM playback, PowerDVD 14 only allows output to display devices using DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort connector in order to be compliant with copy protection (HDCP).

•For other DVD and Blu-ray Disc playback: HDCP compliant display for digital output. TV or computer monitor for analog output.

•TrueTheater 3D playback: 3D display and 3D glasses required.

Blu-ray 3D with or without Hardware Acceleration
•3D display and 3D glasses are required (NVIDIA 3D Vision, 3D Ready HDTV, HDMI 1.4-enabled TV, Micro-polarizer LCD or Anaglyph Red/Cyan Glasses). HDCP compliant display for digital output.

Video Output
VR Mode
•HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2.

USB Port
VR Mode
•1x USB 2.0.

Disc Drive
•Ultra HD Blu-ray playback: optical disc drives that are certified for Ultra HD Blu-ray playback.

•Blu-ray Disc playback: BD-ROM/BD-RE or Super Multi Blu combo disc drive.

•DVD and TrueTheater 3D playback: DVD-ROM, DVD+-R/RW, DVD-RAM or DVD Super Multi combo disc drive.

Internet Connection
•Required for program activation, first time play of an Ultra HD Blu-ray movie, and other online services.

PowerDVD 17.0.1410.60 Live Installer
It looks good. However, if I was you, I'd remove the SR and TR numbers, since those are legitimate stuff from Cyberlink, especially with people trying to crack legit stuff like yours nowadays.

Where did this download come from ????
There's no info on the US/Canadian site at all.

I googled Cyberlink Powerdvd 17 and the 2 sites shown on the first page of the search attracted the attention of my Malwarebytes program so I will wait for the official release.

Those links weren't there yesterday, there's even a video now on how to "crack" it.
The guy is speaking some Asian language ???

Those hardware requirements are insane but i can cross 1 check off the list. My CPU 100% supports SGX. My 6700k's product code is "bX80662I76700K" which links to https://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz. Under the section of Intel Data Protection technology "YES" at "Intel Software Guard Extensions". Guess i'll be contacting ASUS next to find out if my motherboard and GPU support SGX. If that's the case all i'll be needing is PDVD 17 and LG's UHD drive (and an updated AnyDVD naturally).

Those hardware requirements are insane but i can cross 1 check off the list. My CPU 100% supports SGX. My 6700k's product code is "bX80662I76700K" which links to https://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz. Under the section of Intel Data Protection technology "YES" at "Intel Software Guard Extensions". Guess i'll be contacting ASUS next to find out if my motherboard and GPU support SGX. If that's the case all i'll be needing is PDVD 17 and LG's UHD drive (and an updated AnyDVD naturally).

Does Skylake support HDCP 2.2/HDMI 2.0 on the native onboard graphics? (Isn't that what Kaby Lake added?)
Specs above clearly state that "Ultra HD Blu-ray is supported only on the display that is connected and powered by Intel Graphics"
Hence why Kaby Lake is needed.

Hmmm, and those of us that have a higher end Nvidia card installed are SOL?
I would think on-board Intel graphics would be moot once a graphics card is in there?
Chev has a GTX 680 and mine's not that much worse...
That's very odd.
-W

HDCP / HDMI is down to the motherboard connectors themselves, that's got nothing to do with the CPU itself. That said, based on a quick google, skylake doesn't DIRECTLY but intel supposedly added a workaround to enable that. http://www.anandtech.com/show/9562/intels-skylake-gpu-analyzing-the-media-capabilities. Just search the page on "HDCP".

That's if you're planning on using the GPU's video part, which i don't plan on doing. i'm not going to use a crappy cpu gpu part for uhd stuff. Based on the INTEL spec sheet of my CPU, my SKYLAKE works just fine on 1 important front and that's "Intel SGX". As to the rest i've contacted Asus on my motherboard and GPU part, considering the highly technical nature, it might take them a while to confirm or deny or even say anything.

@Clams looks like you found a "flaw" in my signature. I havent rocked a 680 in a few months now with this new build. There was a typo, i'm running a STRIX GTX 1080 A8G Gaming

When i inserted my GPU, the cpu's video component got "disabled" and it doesn't even show up in hardware manager or video setting. I'd have to tinker around in the BIOS to enable it again and i'm not going to do that lol. The ball's in Asus' hands if i'll be able to assist redfox and @James with uhd capable hardware.

I would think on-board Intel graphics would be moot once a graphics card is in there?

At the moment specs are pointing to the Intel graphics having to be used, even if you have a Nvidia/AMD HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 card installed.
Pretty terrible requirements at the moment. Software like AnyDVD is needed more than ever this time around it seems, lets hope it happens.

Yeah i read that part. I'm hoping a dedicated GPU will work (eventually) too if it supports SGX. Cause i'm damn well not gonna build get a new motherboard and CPU when this thing is only a couple months old. That's on top of the fact that even on 1080p when i didn't have my GPU yet i could clearly see the pixels moving from the CPU's video component. With the GPU inserter, no such issue. I can already imagine seeing the pixels move 4x as big.

Right now, i'll be waiting on ASUS. As to the rest, lets hope AnyDVD would maybe be able to fool PDVD into thinking the intel CPU's gpu is being used.

Yeah i read that part. I'm hoping a dedicated GPU will work (eventually) too if it supports SGX. Cause i'm damn well not gonna build get a new motherboard and CPU when this thing is only a couple months old

+1. I'm in the same situation, I was hoping to upgrade my HTPC's with the newer GTX cards for 4K UHD, but not looking good at the moment :(
FYI I think the Asus board is HDMI 1.4, so I don't think 4K UHD discs will work if the onboard Intel video is a requirement.

Edit: We need @Adbear to chime in, he's the resident hardware expert, I'm sure he will know what supports what :)

Last edited:
With all these requirements, I'm thinking long and hard at waiting until PowerDVD 17 comes out, to say at least the UHD/4K hardware stuff.

Just installed PDVD 17 on my laptop that only has access to the GTX 1060, and even though I have SGX enabled in the BIOS I get an error about the GPU not meeting requirements. So I can't verify if my LG external drive will play my UHD discs or not, but the fact it tries and fails with a GPU error seems to imply that the drive can be read, or at least in as much that it recognises it's a UHD disc

Only RedFox can save us now..... Unreal requirements....

Internet check on UHD BD too! Something that doesn't exist for stand-alone players

Last edited:
Doesn't exist on standalone's? Euhm even my old bd-85 has an Ethernet port, and a special one for a wireless adapter. I don't think there's even 1 player without at least an Ethernet port. Internet connection wasn't unusual then either. Some discs had 'bd-live' functions. Something that never really took off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Back