• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possible payment fraud/leak

engineer

I bought AnyDVD HD from RedFox in July 2016. I'm not sure whether it is still the case, but back then a Visa card was required so I used one belonging to an old, dormant account.

The card itself was valid from only a few months before that purchase, and I hadn't (and still haven't) used the same card for anything else.

A couple of days ago I noticed a fraudulent transaction on the same card. The card had been used to pay Facebook in a "legitimate" transaction, but I hadn't authorised it.

Royal Bank of Scotland's fraud team are investigating but there is a fairly clear link back to RedFox I'm afraid.

I bought AnyDVD HD from RedFox in July 2016. I'm not sure whether it is still the case, but back then a Visa card was required so I used one belonging to an old, dormant account.
The card itself was valid from only a few months before that purchase, and I hadn't (and still haven't) used the same card for anything else.
A couple of days ago I noticed a fraudulent transaction on the same card. The card had been used to pay Facebook in a "legitimate" transaction, but I hadn't authorised it.
Royal Bank of Scotland's fraud team are investigating but there is a fairly clear link back to RedFox I'm afraid.
I do find this hard to believe if that was the case you would hear users on here already. So what evidence is there to make this claim?

I do find this hard to believe if that was the case you would hear users on here already. So what evidence is there to make this claim?
Nothing more than I wrote already. In my case, this was the one and only transaction on the card - so only one retailer had my card details (the RedFox payment processor, OnlineMarket aka FashionMall). Had this not been the case, as I imagine it isn't for most, I would not have had a reason to link it back to this purchase. I will post back as soon as I have some news from the investigation.

Last edited:
Well first off thing is you need to contact your CC company since it was a Facebook transactions and it's bit of a stretch to say RedFox when it was Facebook.

... To be clear(er), the card had only been used for one previous transaction - the RedFox licence - so it isn't much of a stretch.

It was a debit card rather than a credit card, so I contacted my bank and they are investigating. The loss was small and they refunded me straightaway - my only objective here is to raise awareness.

I am not suggesting any wrongdoing by RedFox either, but a search of this forum turned up a post from June 2016 that suggests multiple American banks may have already (by that time) linked the payment processor to a possible fraud.

Any China purchase is linked to a possible fraud. Just because 2 people out of thousands say they had this experience is really ashame. Redfox has nothing to do with this and noones credit card was wrongly charged by Redfox. End of story.

He's not saying that's the case. I think he's accusing the service that redfox uses.

But anyway, it's a bit of a stretch to say it has anything to do with redfox's services just by process of elimination. Malware is more likely.

Well first off thing is you need to contact your CC company since it was a Facebook transactions and it's bit of a stretch to say RedFox when it was Facebook.

Yet again you post a reply without fully reading the message, will you never learn!..
"engineer" clearly stated in his post that the RBS is investigating.

Royal Bank of Scotland's fraud team are investigating

Back