• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Corrupt Source Reported by CloneBD

worknstiff

I saw this message "Corrupt Source" from CloneBD last time with "Jason Bourne", and now again with "Jack Reacher Never Go Back". It seems to process ok even though it warns about the movie not copying correctly. THIS is from using an AnyDVDHD "unprotected iso" I wonder if it's because of the extra ANY folder and the disk.inf stuff included when CloneBD scans the "Virtual Clone Drive" folders for content? If that's what's happening maybe you could change the warning message to ONLY indicate when there is a real corrupt source.

PS: Just as an after thought because I can't seem to find out if this movie has cinavia or not. If a move is processed with AnyDVD HD and you have the "remove cinavia" selected in AnyDVD HD and run it through CloneBD to down convert to DD5.1 with the remove cinavia checked, does it do anything to the audio if there is no cinavia in the file?

Last edited:
Try this
Enable AnyDVDHD
Insert original disk into drive
Use CloneBD
Does it pop up the error?

I saw this message "Corrupt Source" from CloneBD last time with "Jason Bourne", and now again with "Jack Reacher Never Go Back". It seems to process ok even though it warns about the movie not copying correctly. THIS is from using an AnyDVDHD "unprotected iso" I wonder if it's because of the extra ANY folder and the disk.inf stuff included when CloneBD scans the "Virtual Clone Drive" folders for content? If that's what's happening maybe you could change the warning message to ONLY indicate when there is a real corrupt source.

PS: Just as an after thought because I can't seem to find out if this movie has cinavia or not. If a move is processed with AnyDVD HD and you have the "remove cinavia" selected in AnyDVD HD and run it through CloneBD to down convert to DD5.1 with the remove cinavia checked, does it do anything to the audio if there is no cinavia in the file?
Problem here is this "unprotected iso" maybe you should try again with the original media source.

I have the suspicion that AnyDVD sometimes doesn't handle read errors properly - they go unnoticed and instead, sectors with zeroes get written. At least, that is what CloneBD sees later on.
It's a hard thing to track down, because it definitely won't happen, when you're looking for it.

You can try creating protected ISOs with ImgBurn instead.

Hey thanks guys. I know it doesn't throw up the error with the original disk, ONLY with the "unprotected iso". I guess I was mistaken about AnyDVD HD creating an identical ISO of the disk, with the protection intact. I haven't run across this problem before and it seems that the only program that sees these "Corrupt Source" errors are CloneBD. All my other encoding programs process the Virtual Clone Drive folders with out errors. Just seems like CloneBD is pickier about what is corrupt. I think if the CloneBD preview player plays it, it should then process it with out problems. Just wondering why? Thanks for your input Goncal, Recycle, and of course Pete!

I have the suspicion that AnyDVD sometimes doesn't handle read errors properly - they go unnoticed and instead, sectors with zeroes get written. At least, that is what CloneBD sees later on.
It's a hard thing to track down, because it definitely won't happen, when you're looking for it.
You can try creating protected ISOs with ImgBurn instead.

I have had the same issue previously, though a while ago now with CloneBD. I was using a protected ISO that ImgBurn created (not AnyDVD)
I was only messing/testing at the time so just moved on. However I'm pretty sure I have used the same ISO since in CloneBD and had no issues.

I have had the same issue previously, though a while ago now with CloneBD. I was using a protected ISO that ImgBurn created (not AnyDVD)
I was only messing/testing at the time so just moved on. However I'm pretty sure I have used the same ISO since in CloneBD and had no issues.

Was the problem consistent? In that it repeatedly happened at the same spot?

Since it was protected, you must have mounted it. With VCD or with the Windows thingy?

@worknstiff: same applies to you.
We need to find out, what the cause is (AnyDVD, VCD or CloneBD), so we know where to start.

Was the problem consistent? In that it repeatedly happened at the same spot?
Since it was protected, you must have mounted it. With VCD or with the Windows thingy?.

I only tried once at the time, ISO had been used with other tools previously.
I'm 90% sure I've processed it since in CloneBD with no issues (different CloneBD/AnyDVD versions of course)
Yes, VCD always used to mount.

Not much help I know, I was quickly testing a feature at the time and just moved on to another ISO instead and assumed it was a bug.

@ Pete: RE: @worknstiff: same applies to you.
We need to find out, what the cause is (AnyDVD, VCD or CloneBD), so we know where to start.

I have been creating a bunch of different protected ISO's and so far it has only shown up with the two movies I have already mentioned. Jason Bourne & Jack Reacher Never Go Back. I am leaning towards it just being a fluke with AnyDVD HD's decryption and cinavia since both are infected with it. It appears that creating another protected ISO does not create the "corrupt source" warning in CloneBD any longer so it's hard to say which file is triggering it. Thanks for your attention to this problem and I will let you know if it pop's up again on another disk.

I have been creating a bunch of different protected ISO's and so far it has only shown up with the two movies I have already mentioned. Jason Bourne & Jack Reacher Never Go Back. I am leaning towards it just being a fluke with AnyDVD HD's decryption and cinavia since both are infected with it. It appears that creating another protected ISO does not create the "corrupt source" warning in CloneBD any longer so it's hard to say which file is triggering it. Thanks for your attention to this problem and I will let you know if it pop's up again on another disk.

OK, thanks.
Cinavia is definitely not part of this. Cinavia is just some noise in the audio track(s), has no technical link to what is happening here.

Do you have both a bad and a good version of one of these ISOs? If so, it would be very helpful to find out what the difference is (how many sectors differ and what is in the broken ones).

@ Pete: RE: Do you have both a bad and a good version of one of these ISOs?

I still have them, but to me they are identical. The only difference is the older protected one still throws up the corrupted source notification BUT still processes the file ok and turns out a good copy. I have noticed that using the latest CloneBD version doesn't throw up the error when you first start playing the preview like before but instead it only happens when you close the player. Even using the ISO that shows the "corrupt source warning" and having AnyDVD HD create a video folder works correctly and you can open that folder with CloneBD and the corrupted source error doesn't show up then. It may just be a one off pertaining to my system ONLY and I don't want to waste your time hunting it down if no one else is having this problem.

It may just be a one off pertaining to my system ONLY and I don't want to waste your time hunting it down if no one else is having this problem.
No, this is important. If there is a glitch in AnyDVD, it needs to be fixed. So, don't delete these isos, please. Would it be possible to create a logfile (any disc will do) from the machine, which created the corrupt iso?

Here you go James. Appreciate all the expert help. In my mind it seems like CloneBD picks up on some slight problem file, but it's nothing that prevents the disk from being copied or the copy being processed, even when it says it's corrupt. It's strange that this "corrupt source" only shows up in the protected ISO and not with the disk folders made from the disk or even the protected ISO. I think CloneBD is improving by leaps and bounds but I don't understand WHY it's preview player plays any copied disk but them refuses to process it into a mkv. Looks like if it plays, it should copy what its playing or at least tell me why it can't. Here are the logs from both the original disk that doesn't show any errors and from the problematic ISO.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.2_Info_F_JackReacherNeverGoBack (from Orig).ziplog
    181.8 KB · Views: 8
  • AnyDVD_8.0.9.2_Info_I_JackReacherNeverGoBack (prot. iso corrupt).ziplog
    180.4 KB · Views: 2
Here you go James. Appreciate all the expert help. In my mind it seems like CloneBD picks up on some slight problem file, but it's nothing that prevents the disk from being copied or the copy being processed, even when it says it's corrupt. It's strange that this "corrupt source" only shows up in the protected ISO and not with the disk folders made from the disk or even the protected ISO. I think CloneBD is improving by leaps and bounds but I don't understand WHY it's preview player plays any copied disk but them refuses to process it into a mkv. Looks like if it plays, it should copy what its playing or at least tell me why it can't. Here are the logs from both the original disk that doesn't show any errors and from the problematic ISO.
Where is the Asus drive (probably a Lite-On OEM? Maybe @Adbear knows?) connected to? It doesn't seem to use the normal SATA driver. Some Raid thingy?

I think CloneBD is improving by leaps and bounds but I don't understand WHY it's preview player plays any copied disk but them refuses to process it into a mkv. Looks like if it plays, it should copy what its playing or at least tell me why it can't.

CloneBD's player behaves like any other player - it will try to skip and recover from any stream anomalies. So if there's just a broken sector or two, you will probably not even notice the missing video frame or the slight crackle in audio.
But if you have the debug log open (settings -> debug log), you will probably see warnings.

When copying, it is more strict - and at least it will let you know, that something went slightly awry.

The trouble is, that it's not always recoverable - sometimes, when there are too many broken sectors, CloneBD will give up.

Where is the Asus drive (probably a Lite-On OEM? Maybe @Adbear knows?) connected to? It doesn't seem to use the normal SATA driver. Some Raid thingy?
It could be a Lite-on or an LG as Asus use both, re-badge then charge you a lot more for it. It is possible to cross flash the drives over to the original firmware depending on which drive it is and then from there you can keep up to date with the original manufacturers firmware updates as Asus never seem to release newer firmwares.

They do appear to have the Intel Rapid Storage drivers in the System32 folder, but not sure if they are actually installed without seeing what's installed in the 'Device manager' , although depending on the motherboard the latest ones can make optical drives flaky

As far as I know the Asus Z-170 Pro has 6.0 SATA 6Gb/s and 1 SATA Express port. But here is where it gets confusing (at least to me), because it says that of the 6.0 SATA 6Gb/s ports (2 ports from the SATA Express ports). When I put this box together ASUS put a big sticker with OS printed on it and I assumed that this was because it used one of the two faster SATA Express ports. To install windows I just plugged in the ASUS BW-16D1HT into the SATA 6Gb/s next to where the OS SSD was plugged in. Just seemed like a good place to put it I guess. I did see where the motherboard disk had the Intel Rapid Storage drivers but I don't do Raid so I just didn't install it, or I uninstalled it when I noticed it was running later on, don't remember actually which it was, lol. I can reconfigure my system if you think it would make a difference. Thanks for all the help guys.

@ Pete: RE: When copying, it is more strict - and at least it will let you know, that something went slightly awry.
I get that and if it crashed while in the middle of processing some flaky m2ts file or when the playlist is composed of lots of multiple m2ts playlists it is understandable. I was actually referring to how Clone BD immediately crashes when you want to use a pre-processed blue ray folder or disk. It seems to me that if the movie plays correctly that it should be able to be processed it with Clone BD.

I get that and if it crashed while in the middle of processing some flaky m2ts file or when the playlist is composed of lots of multiple m2ts playlists it is understandable. I was actually referring to how Clone BD immediately crashes when you want to use a pre-processed blue ray folder or disk. It seems to me that if the movie plays correctly that it should be able to be processed it with Clone BD.

I'm sorry, you lost me.
Define "crash" - you mean really an actual crash (Boom, Application terminates, etc...) or a transcoder error?
Also, what do you mean by "preprocessed blu-ray folder". Preprocessed in what way?

And no - as I explained. If it plays correctly, that doesn't mean, that it should transcode correctly.
A player can leave out video frames or audio samples.
But writing video is entirely different - depending on the format, it may require a gapless stream or timestamps to be consecutive, so it's anything but trivial, when something is missing.

When you attempt to backup a "BD Rebuilder or even in some cases a Clone BD" disk image, Clone BD immediately says finished and creates a tiny MKV file. I can't understand why it doesn't just say "corrupt source detected" or "broken playlist detected" or something. I just like to know why something is wrong and maybe I can fix it. Right now if I want to crank out a quick MKV to take with me to the office or watch in the car, I have to first do a movie only output and then "feed" that to Clone BD. If another program can create a movie only backup like Make MKV, Clown BD, or BD Rebuilder, than WHY can't Clone BD? I understand that it just doesn't want to copy a flawed source but maybe Clone BD is just being too cautious about it's sources. While they're at it how about adding alternate sources like MKV and m2ts.

Sorry, I guess this should really be over at the Clone BD forum, since Clone BD's source problems are not any of AnyDVD HD's doings, lol.

Back