• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (RedFox) and UHD/AACS 2.0 - There is hope

I don't think the playback requirements will apply to simply reading the data on the disc. If they do that would be ****ed up because there's no way for me to add that capability as my ripping PC/media server is an X99 system. I would have to wait until Skylake X at the very least in order to add a CPU with the requisite SGX extensions.

Well you might be out of luck when they get general encrypted memory tho, as AMD already have been announcing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the 4k papers. They are going to offer what Blu-ray offfersto stream 4k to devices. 256 bit encryption.... This is worse then Germany code machine

I read the 4k papers. They are going to offer what Blu-ray offfersto stream 4k to devices. 256 bit encryption.... This is worse then Germany code machine

The bitmap data still has to be decrypted at some point the delivery chain or else you would not get anything that made sense to your display.

The bitmap data still has to be decrypted at some point the delivery chain or else you would not get anything that made sense to your display.
true

Last edited:
please leave torrents out of this discussion. Attacking the HDCP part will do us 0 good, with protection still active, playback will simply not be possible

Well you might be fuck out of luck when they get general encrypted memory tho, as AMD already have been announcing

Let's worry about that when it actually gains some traction. As of right now these features have precisely ZERO market penetration because no supporting products are yet for sale. Once Ryzen goes on sale, we'll see how well it does sales-wise. Then it will take Intel responding and several years of sell-through for the market to support software vendors REQUIRING the use of such features.

Hard drive fails = lose all movies on it

Disc doesn't fail, only breaks if you are careless with it.

I used physical discs for all my backups religiously for years. About two years ago I ditched bdrebuilder for mkv's to my NAS and PLEX and am way happier. My theory is if a hdd fails I can replace/rebuild and be back in business. ;-)

Meanwhile the full eco-system for playing 4K/UHD - Blu-ray on a PC is available: Motherboard, CPU/GPU, player, software. Now many people hope and wait for a future version of AnyDVD supporting 4K/UHD. But the requirements and sticking points seem to be very high and it´s not sure whether it will be possible at all - or at least with reduced functions.
With respect to that here some thoughts, specially concerning the function of ripping:

1. Best would be full functionality as known from AnyDVD/AnyDVDHD: Playing and ripping a physical disk and playing the ripped copy from storage on (nearly) every PC.
If this will not be possible:

2. Playing and ripping the physical disk only on a PC, which fulfills all the requirements, but playing the ripped copy from storage on (nearly) every PC.
If this will not be possible, too:

3. Playing and ripping the physical disk and playing the ripped copy from storage only on a PC, which fulfills all the requirements.

Even the third alternative would be better than nothing because it allows to make a digital (security) copy and play it at any time and as often as you like without using the physical disk.

requirements for UHD Blu-rays are:

Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors and above that support the Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology.The Intel SGX feature needs to be enabled in the BIOS* settings and allocated with 128 MB or above memory space.

The 1st time you slide a BD in an internet connection is required, and a special key is delivered to the system, it gets stored somewhere in the motherboard flash as far as I have been told.

Just heads up. Call in feature is not required for all movies. I own about 15 uhd movies now and decided to unplug the eithernet to disks raverant and magnificiant 7 uhd and they played fine.

Something people should know.... later

Had you played them before or was this the first time they had been played on this machine?

I have lone servivor, the oil rig disaster movie, john wick to play first time too. Ill get back to you when I play these the first time

No,
None at all
But u do get a message when u are connected to the internet.
While it's spinning up.

Anybody here use the Cloud. You cant lose anything. Guaranteed.

Back