• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.1.2.0 - Screen resolution / Tiny text

acidflash

My laptops native resolution is 3840x2160 and CloneBD has tiny text in places. Attaching screen shots as requested in release notes.

Attachments

• 3840x2160_.png
    3840x2160_.png
    4 MB · Views: 31
  • 3840x2160-2.png
    3840x2160-2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 3840x2160-3.png
    3840x2160-3.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 3840x2160-4.png
    3840x2160-4.png
    979.1 KB · Views: 31
I'm seeing some issues also with CloneBD 1.1.2.0. I'm using a laptop with 4K display (scaling set to 250) and an extended second monitor, full HD, (scaling set to 100). I know these two resolutions don't always play together well, but on the 4K screen, the CloneBD text is very tiny. When I drag the cloneBD window to the full HD screen, I see random behavior. In full screen mode the window completely vanishes, and in minimized mode, the window usually fills the entire screen, or just completely vanishes. I didn't see these issues with the previous version of CloneBD, and also don't see the problem with any other applications.

I'm seeing some issues also with CloneBD 1.1.2.0. I'm using a laptop with 4K display (scaling set to 250) and an extended second monitor, full HD, (scaling set to 100). I know these two resolutions don't always play together well, but on the 4K screen, the CloneBD text is very tiny. When I drag the cloneBD window to the full HD screen, I see random behavior. In full screen mode the window completely vanishes, and in minimized mode, the window usually fills the entire screen, or just completely vanishes. I didn't see these issues with the previous version of CloneBD, and also don't see the problem with any other applications.

Isn't 250 a bit much? Did you try 150%? I'm using a 4K desktop monitor and I wouldn't voluntarily go any higher than 100%, because that costs too much space (less information), let alone 250% - I tried that, the letters are the size of a thumb then.

I use it on my laptop with a UHD screen and have to have the scaling set higher otherwise everything is impossible to read. Elby should sort out the scaling as it's easy to do. I've set up a replacement manifest file to fix the issue until they do

I use it on my laptop with a UHD screen and have to have the scaling set higher otherwise everything is impossible to read. Elby should sort out the scaling as it's easy to do. I've set up a replacement manifest file to fix the issue until they do

Higher, sure - but 250 seems a bit much.

Shouldn't matter though, if it scaled properly then it would scale no matter what you have it set to. With the manifest file in place I can scale to 250% and it still looks fine

Isn't 250 a bit much? Did you try 150%? I'm using a 4K desktop monitor and I wouldn't voluntarily go any higher than 100%, because that costs too much space (less information), let alone 250% - I tried that, the letters are the size of a thumb then.
Thanks Pete, I tried scaling=200 and CloneBD does behave better, and I now have more room on this 3840x2160 15" laptop screen. Not sure I'd want to go much smaller, since things are starting to get real tiny.

Thanks Pete, I tried scaling=200 and CloneBD does behave better, and I now have more room on this 3840x2160 15" laptop screen. Not sure I'd want to go much smaller, since things are starting to get real tiny.
Ok, I notified the devs - they'll have to get one of those displays for testing.
Thanks.

Shouldn't matter though, if it scaled properly then it would scale no matter what you have it set to. With the manifest file in place I can scale to 250% and it still looks fine

I spoke to Reto about this.
Apparently things are not quite so simple. They are aware of the "DpiAware" setting you use in your manifest, but that is a workaround with some side effects.

The trouble is, that the Qt framework will respond to this by reporting no scaling (scaling 100%) to the elements - all fonts will be rendered with their original, tiny sizes and THEN scaled up to meet the set scaling factor.
The size will be OK, but the drawback is: blurry, fuzzy edges and scaling artefacts. It doesn't hurt that much if you have very high DPI, but it's only "half-way there".

So the goal is to do it right - auto-select correct font sizes etc... but it's a tedious process, because Qt doesn't do much in terms of aiding the appropriate resizing of buttons, layouts and windows.

I just posted a 2nd message about this issue. I remembered another post that mentioned "manifest", before I learned what that was all about. After a search, I got back to this ("Adbear") thread. I'll PM Adbear and see if he will post his manifest file.

I no longer have the manifest file as CloneBD works fine for me without it

Back