• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD shrink 3.1.2

snowman325i

Hey guys, I am currently using Dvd shrink ver. 3.1.2. and was wondering if there is a new version out for download? This one was a free download, and I've had it for close to a year now. Thanks.

Hey guys, I am currently using Dvd shrink ver. 3.1.2. and was wondering if there is a new version out for download? This one was a free download, and I've had it for close to a year now. Thanks.

Hey snowman, We all love shrink, but, do yourself a favor and download CloneDVD for a free trial. When used with AnyDVD, works much better than Shrink and is constantly updated. Sure saves coaster creation when trying to back-up titles like Saw 3! :clap:

You will not be disappointed with clone dvd compared to dvd shrink.

There will be no more updates to Shrink. I have used it for several yrs. and will continue until it no longer works.

There will be no more updates to Shrink. I have used it for several yrs. and will continue until it no longer works.
Me too! With AnyDVD being updated regularly, I don't see that happening any time soon! :D

The old days of DvD shrink are over... The new version you have to buy being as the creator of DvDshrink went to Ahead (Nero) for the job they offered...

Nero recode is the next working version of DvD shrink, and it is always updated as well until the next version number count is up... (ie 8 9 10)

Cost= Nero BR 7.x.x.x $80 maybe $90 dollars...

Please don't go to any of these dumb ass DvD shrink 2007 bits... (its a lie save your self the bank issues)

Last edited:
The old days of DvD shrink are over... The new version you have to buy being as the creator of DvDshrink went to Ahead (Nero) for the job they offered...

Cost= Nero BR 7.x.x.x $80 maybe $90 dollars...

Over?? It still works flawlessly for me.
Shrink...Free
Nero....Overpriced and loaded with apps that I don't need.

Over?? It still works flawlessly for me.
Shrink...Free
Nero....Overpriced and loaded with apps that I don't need.

All I am saying is that DvD Shrink is the new Nero Recode... The engineer who made DvD Shrink went to Nero because they offered him a job. so he left the freeware game for something more fruitful... Sorry didn't mean to offend...:)

I know the same guy wrote Recode and Shrink, but they are nothing alike. Shrink is easier to work with, I think, and is faster for me. I know some people says that Recode is faster, but the times I tried to use it, I found Shrink to be much faster.

BTW........
Recode is a free download. You can get it without buying Nero's full version. My Nero is the OEM version 6, that came with my burner, and I downloaded Recode2 (not from p2p, or torrent).

@jvc
That's good to know for oem discs w/o Recode.
Where'd you get the recode only download?

I'll have to look for it. I didn't save the link.
I'll get back to you.............. :)

EDIT:
This may be what I did. It's been awhile, and I don't remember. I copied and pasted the info below, from Nero's site:

For OEM bundles, such as Yamaha, TDK, Memorex, Lite-On, etc. you do not need a serial number, as it is embedded and will install automatically. After a successful installation, you can find your serial number located in your registry.
Follow the steps below in order to locate it:
1) Click on ´Start --> Run´ and type in ´REGEDIT´.
2) Click on ´OK´, which opens the Registry Editor.
3) Click on the folders ´HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> AHEAD --> NERO BURNING-ROM --> INFO´.
4) You will see your serial number on the right-hand side of the Registry Editor, with following name (related to the respective version you have): Serial4, Serial5 or Serial6
This entry looks as follows:
14xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 4)
15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 5)
1Axx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 6 Ultra Edition)
Please note the number.

The download is here:
http://www.nero.com//enu/Upgrade_InfoPage.php

Last edited:
All I am saying is that DvD Shrink is the new Nero Recode... The engineer who made DvD Shrink went to Nero because they offered him a job. so he left the freeware game for something more fruitful... Sorry didn't mean to offend...:)

No offense taken by me. Forums are for information.

Shrink V's CloneDVD2

I used Shrink for ages untill i tried CloneDVD2.
I found CloneDVD2 to be faster and is very easy to use.
Try it! buy it!! you will not be sorry.

I'll have to look for it. I didn't save the link.
I'll get back to you.............. :)

EDIT:
This may be what I did. It's been awhile, and I don't remember. I copied and pasted the info below, from Nero's site:

For OEM bundles, such as Yamaha, TDK, Memorex, Lite-On, etc. you do not need a serial number, as it is embedded and will install automatically. After a successful installation, you can find your serial number located in your registry.
Follow the steps below in order to locate it:
1) Click on ´Start --> Run´ and type in ´REGEDIT´.
2) Click on ´OK´, which opens the Registry Editor.
3) Click on the folders ´HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> AHEAD --> NERO BURNING-ROM --> INFO´.
4) You will see your serial number on the right-hand side of the Registry Editor, with following name (related to the respective version you have): Serial4, Serial5 or Serial6
This entry looks as follows:
14xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 4)
15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 5)
1Axx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (for Nero 6 Ultra Edition)
Please note the number.

The download is here:
http://www.nero.com//enu/Upgrade_InfoPage.php

man it just not my day I tried this and it says the code inalid lol.. but I did fine the recode2 as an update under package 2 for 6

Shrink works with the new ANYDVD/right? :confused: Anyone try the new ANYDVD updates with Shrink?8)

PS/use CloneDVD these days as it is quick and easy:bowdown: :agree: . But Shrink has its use.

Last edited:
Shrink works with the new ANYDVD/right? :confused: Anyone try the new ANYDVD updates with Shrink?8)

i have tried shrink and it still works i keep it around because i used it for years but i prefer clonedvd2

There is a version where you can burn with Imgburn automatically instead of Dvd Decryptor.

Back