• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneCD (Discless Backups)

Nadious

I recently ran across this software on the web and gave it a try. I have several games that I want to backup and play without having to load CDs all the time. I'm using VirtualDrive by Slysoft as well to accomplish this. Have had great success so far... but I ran across one today that has me kind of puzzled.

I used my backup to install a game that I play called 'The Movies.' It's a 3CD set that I have made images using the 'Protected PC Game' option in CloneCD. The install goes fine, however, when I get ready to play... it asks me to please insert the CD. The correct CD IS inserted in the virtual drive.

I read that there are a few types of protection that CloneCD has a hard time doing. How can I find out which one it uses? I'd really like to play without always having to load the discs in the machine (and the virtual drive program is GREAT for that... I can even compile games that are several CDs onto on DVD to avoid disc swapping when I install.. it's great!)

Anyone have any ideas on this? I suppose I could burn the image out to a CD and try it that way, but I really like the idea of not having to use a disc. (Plus, why waste a CD when I have the original on hand to being with.)

I recently ran across this software on the web and gave it a try. I have several games that I want to backup and play without having to load CDs all the time. I'm using VirtualDrive by Slysoft as well to accomplish this. Have had great success so far... but I ran across one today that has me kind of puzzled.

I used my backup to install a game that I play called 'The Movies.' It's a 3CD set that I have made images using the 'Protected PC Game' option in CloneCD. The install goes fine, however, when I get ready to play... it asks me to please insert the CD. The correct CD IS inserted in the virtual drive.

I read that there are a few types of protection that CloneCD has a hard time doing. How can I find out which one it uses? I'd really like to play without always having to load the discs in the machine (and the virtual drive program is GREAT for that... I can even compile games that are several CDs onto on DVD to avoid disc swapping when I install.. it's great!)

Anyone have any ideas on this? I suppose I could burn the image out to a CD and try it that way, but I really like the idea of not having to use a disc. (Plus, why waste a CD when I have the original on hand to being with.)

This is what Game Jackal is for. visit http://www.slysoft.com/gamejackal.html

1. I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum. I didn't realize that until I came back here. Sorry everyone. :eek:

2. I've tried using Game Jackal before... and I ran across several games that just did not work with it. The ideal is appealing... but after playing some of them (and trying to allow even for a lot of time for it to build the profile), I still ran across several that were asking me to insert the CD.

Of course.. it has been awhile.. maybe... a year ago? Maybe it's gotten a lot better since then.

Still, the idea of having many games on ONE DVD (install and all) appeals to me a little more than GJ does. But, I guess beggars can't be choosers. :D

1. I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum. I didn't realize that until I came back here. Sorry everyone. :eek:

2. I've tried using Game Jackal before... and I ran across several games that just did not work with it. The ideal is appealing... but after playing some of them (and trying to allow even for a lot of time for it to build the profile), I still ran across several that were asking me to insert the CD.

Of course.. it has been awhile.. maybe... a year ago? Maybe it's gotten a lot better since then.

Still, the idea of having many games on ONE DVD (install and all) appeals to me a little more than GJ does. But, I guess beggars can't be choosers. :D

If you're using Game Jackal, ensure all virtual drives (Daemon Tool, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, etc., are disabledd-or better yet completely uninstalled).

With some game protections, they are impossible to produce 1:1 backups of. And many won't work without the original disc without some form of emulation.

Back