• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media players or bluray players model without cinavia protection

Panasonic DMP-BDT100

I just purchased a Panasonic DMP-BDT100 which does not have Cinavia. Since it precedes the requirement for Cinavia incorporation for certification, it will remain Cinavia free (Panasonic is no longer issuing firmware updates for it). This player is available on Amazon as new, but the price is around $300US. I chose instead, a refurb unit (not used) at $90US. You have to chose carefully on refurbs, but some can be a good value. I already have the BDT100 and it's been a really reliable unit. Got this one for another location so I can play back-ups including 3D.

Does this player work with new bought 3D blu-ray movies? I found one but afraid it's too old?

why wouldn't it, the 3D standards are the same for new movies as for old ones.

there is a brand of bluray player that is a non cinavia player. the brand is "Seiki". amazon.com has them for i think115 bucks usd. in canada they sell at all canadian tire stores for 109.99 plus gst. work like the tinkers damn. and a BIG plus is right out of the box they are region AND zone free. plays any disc on the planet. the newest model is 4K but not 3D but its cinavia free etc. i hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiki-SR4KP1...d=1483053149&sr=8-1&keywords=seiki+4k+blu+ray

there is a brand of bluray player that is a non cinavia player. the brand is "Seiki". amazon.com has them for i think115 bucks usd. in canada they sell at all canadian tire stores for 109.99 plus gst. work like the tinkers damn. and a BIG plus is right out of the box they are region AND zone free. plays any disc on the planet. the newest model is 4K but not 3D but its cinavia free etc. i hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiki-SR4KP1...d=1483053149&sr=8-1&keywords=seiki+4k+blu+ray
Moonlanding1 I have read most of the reviews about this product, using the link provided, none of which mentioned that the product was cinavia free but all the reviews extolled the fact that it was region and zone free. Did you establish that the product was cinavia free from your own experience? The other question I have is the unit powered via a usb cable? Thanking you in advance.

Moonlanding1 I have read most of the reviews about this product, using the link provided, none of which mentioned that the product was cinavia free but all the reviews extolled the fact that it was region and zone free. Did you establish that the product was cinavia free from your own experience? The other question I have is the unit powered via a usb cable? Thanking you in advance.

hello.
i actually have that very player and i have tested it. i made a backup copy just using nero and no problems yet. i babysit my grandchildren a lot and i bring a couple backup copies for us to watch there and no sweat either. no sound cut and annoying sign or anything. i have that model in the link. a bunch of years ago walmart put out a seiki model called a bd-660 and it also plays flawlessly. my entire family have seiki players and i can bring my disc and watch it anywhere. i hope that helps.

hello.
i actually have that very player and i have tested it. i made a backup copy just using nero and no problems yet. i babysit my grandchildren a lot and i bring a couple backup copies for us to watch there and no sweat either. no sound cut and annoying sign or anything. i have that model in the link. a bunch of years ago walmart put out a seiki model called a bd-660 and it also plays flawlessly. my entire family have seiki players and i can bring my disc and watch it anywhere. i hope that helps.

sorry i missed a question. it is powered by a/c its a stand alone player.

sorry i missed a question. it is powered by a/c its a stand alone player.

Moonlanding1 thanks very much for your clarification. Unfortunately because of voltage differences I doubt if I will be able to use one but I am sure it will be a boon for 110V RedFox users.

nonsense, just get a powerplug with a voltage adapter

nonsense, just get a powerplug with a voltage adapter
Generally we are discouraged from using voltage adaptors but that advice gets trotted out when talking about things like blenders and other 1000 watt devices. I don't think Blu-ray players fall into that category so I will give your advice a shot. Thanks Ch3vr0n.

i'm not saying you should replace the default one that came with it. Maybe i didn't come across. I think there's powerplugs with a built in adapter where you insert the factory plug into. I'd talk to your local electronics store or major retailer.

Moonlanding1 thanks very much for your clarification. Unfortunately because of voltage differences I doubt if I will be able to use one but I am sure it will be a boon for 110V RedFox users.
I believe the Seiki player has a universal power supply.

Ch3vr0n and James advice noted; thanks. I also use this opportunity to thank the staff and volunteers who do so much to keep the RedFox ship afloat with their unrelenting desire to help. Happy and successful New Year to all the RedFox family .

B&H Photo has them on sale for USD 99. AFAIK they ship worldwide. The unit is not region free "out of the box", you need to enter the code 8520 on the remote while on the setup screen to enter the service menu. Here you can choose the DVD/BD region.
It has a universal power supply 110-240V.

Last edited:

Can you play video from usb on this player?
Thanks

No it's not!!
People should stop spreading garbage.
Another player I have to return.

its not what i have read. i have the machine and i have backups of movies that clearly says powered by cinavia and i just did a straight nero copy and no problems whatsoever. every one of my family members has one and we love them for that very reason. could there be a firmware update that fixed that? i have no idea but i bought the 4k model only maybe 4 months ago and excellent for everything.

I bought 2 of these last month on clearance that came with 2 different version #'s and both got tripped up by Cinavia on Jurassic World and Ouija DVDs.
Naturally I returned them the following day and hope that no one gets ripped off especially when the price gouging begins.

I will mention the Dune HD Solo 4K here since the OP did say media players. I have this device and it plays BD .ISO files with full menus if you wish. I have only tested it and it does work, but I normally use the AnyDVD speed menu on my rips so I don't have a lot of stick time with full menus. Specs say it will also play 3D format. I have never tested this. I like this player because it will play both BD and DVD files. Folder or .ISO format. https://www.duneplayer.com/hd4ksolo.html

You don't need a list. Model licensed for playback before 2012? Cinavia free, unless it's a Sony then it might.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back