• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.9.0.2 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupReClock1902.exe

1.9.0.2 beta - 22/12/2016
* Fix: MediaInfo estimator treated audio files as video files

1.9.0.1 beta - 21/12/2016
* New: Retired the old Direct Show framerate estimator for file playback
- MediaInfo.dll (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) is used instead
- Using the built-in estimator is no longer recommended for file playback
- Using the built-in estimator is no longer the default for file playback
- Windows 9x is no longer supported. May it rest in peace.
* New: Framerate cache was actually quite unusable.
The behavior is changed:
- default framerate will no longer stored in cache
- setting a default framerate will not stop automatic detection, automatic
detection will always override default framerate setting
- setting a framerate manually during playback will store it in the cache
- manually setting the framerate to "unknown/automatic" will delete if from the cache
- a manual framerate in the cache will stop automatic detection of the built-in estimator
- manually setting the framerate to "unknown" will enable automatic detection of the built-in estimator
ATTENTION: This is beta software!
As there are many changes to many parts of ReClock, things might not work right away as expected.

Last edited:
Thanks for the new version, James!

First quick test seems to be mostly ok. However audio only files are resampled now instead of just beeing passed through.

Thanks for the new version, James!

First quick test seems to be mostly ok. However audio only files are resampled now instead of just beeing passed through.
I was so much concentrated on video framerates and stuff, that I forgot about audio files. Thanks for reporting, fix is coming up...

EDIT: Please try ReClock 1.9.0.2

Some music BDs ripped to ISO and mounted with VCD take ages (> 10s) to load now. They all have 1080i and 29 fps.

Movie BD ISOs (1080p, 23 or 24 fps) load just fine, though.

Some music BDs ripped to ISO and mounted with VCD take ages (> 10s) to load now. They all have 1080i and 29 fps.

Movie BD ISOs (1080p, 23 or 24 fps) load just fine, though.
Load where? How is this related to ReClock?

Sorry for being unclear.
Player is MPC-HC. With 'load' I meant the time from pressing the start button until the concert/movie/whatever starts playing. I guess it's the ReClock media detection part that's causing the delay, 'cause that's the only thing what has changed.

Sorry for being unclear.
Player is MPC-HC. With 'load' I meant the time from pressing the start button until the concert/movie/whatever starts playing. I guess it's the ReClock media detection part that's causing the delay, 'cause that's the only thing what has changed.
With MPC ReClock can't detect, that this is a disc and will treat it as file playback. The old direct show estimator was very limited and could only cope with a few file types (.avi). MediaInfo however understands almost everything, including .m2ts from Blu-ray discs. This is actually a "good thing(tm)", but when playing a disc with various files this will cause the delays you are seeing. Fortunately you can turn off MediaInfo in ReClock Config -> Video settings and use the built-in estimator instead.

So if I play a BD ISO with 30 music videos it will scan them all separately? Even if they would be separate files is this of any use? Obviously I'm still playing them one after the other and not all at once. So is ReClock even making use of these 30 pieces of information or just using one and throwing away the rest?

Btw have you disabled MediaInfo going online for updates, statistics, etc.?

So if I play a BD ISO with 30 music videos it will scan them all separately? Even if they would be separate files is this of any use? Obviously I'm still playing them one after the other and not all at once. So is ReClock even making use of these 30 pieces of information or just using one and throwing away the rest?
This depends on what the player does. ReClock does nothing on its own. If the player creates a filter graph with any file on the disc, ReClock will try to find the framerate using MediaInfo.dll.

Btw have you disabled MediaInfo going online for updates, statistics, etc.?
No, but I am not aware that this is needed when using MediaInfo.dll.

No, but I am not aware that this is needed when using MediaInfo.dll.
Not sure from the documentation but there should be MediaInfo::Option("Internet") which should default to "Yes", so I guess it does connect and delivers statistics.

Not sure from the documentation but there should be MediaInfo::Option("Internet") which should default to "Yes", so I guess it does connect and delivers statistics.
Doesn't seem to try any connection. Documentation is confusing. MediaInfo::Option("Internet") returns an empty string "".
Doc says "Depend of the option: by default "" (nothing) means No, other means Yes"
Under Internet it says: (NOT IMPLEMENTED YET) "Internet": Authorize Internet connection (Yes by default)
So empty string is Yes?
But whatever I do - setting it to "Yes" or "No" - I assume these strings are correct? - MediaInfo::Option("Internet") always returns an empty string. Maybe it really isn't implemented yet.

Oh wow, I was getting random lockups with madVR and PotPlayer and now that I've disabled the framerate estimator it all seems to work like a charm. Thanks a bunch James & HNY:thankyou:

So yeah it's working great on progressive scan but whatever 1080i25 broadcast or 480i29.97 DVD that gets double-framerate deinterlace in the video decoder(such as LAV) kinda craps out coz Reclock is clueless about the actual framerate of the source file, I believe madshi tried to contact you so madVR could let Reclock know about the actual framerate of the source file, this sure would be nice coz I think I'll have to go back to the estimator.

I was getting random lockups with madVR and PotPlayer and now that I've disabled the framerate estimator it all seems to work like a charm.
Which one? The built-in or the MediaInfo estimator?
As you can read above the MediaInfo one may needs a lot of time to load a movie if it consists of many small files.
So yeah it's working great on progressive scan but whatever 1080i25 broadcast or 480i29.97 DVD that gets double-framerate deinterlace in the video decoder(such as LAV) kinda craps out coz Reclock is clueless about the actual framerate of the source file
I don't have much interlaced stuff and use the defaults regarding deinterlacing with LAV and madVR. Both madVR and ReClock report 1080i29.97 as such and the latter uses NTSC adaption. What harm will that do?

@James
Both built-in and MediaInfo estimator are checked by default. Do they interfere or are they able to cooperate?

@James
Both built-in and MediaInfo estimator are checked by default. Do they interfere or are they able to cooperate?
This is a bug. Built-in should not be checked by default (it isn't, if you click "default").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back