• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is CDVDM development still continuing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2664258

There were many comments about CDVDM getting a makeover including a whole new underlying engine but I haven't seen a thing happen yet. Is this still being planned? Support for creating MKV files? Thanks.

Just because you haven't seen anything doesn't mean nothing is happening. As the search will tell you, the cdvdm overhaul is dependent on the CloneBD encoding engine. Until that one is ready, cdvdm stays where it is.

There are fixes and enhancements planned, but "things got in the way" recently, sorry.
It will come...
Thanks Pete. That reply means something, as opposed to Chevron's.

Everyone always seams to like to pick on Ch3vr0n. I have been learning a lot just by reading his posts.

When CloneDVD Mobile's enhancements, fixes and Hopefully a New encoding engine is ready. Will CloneDVD Mobile be combined with CloneDVD2 ? Just like how CloneBD is setup. Because I think that will be Fantastic for everyone that converts their DVDs to... mp4, mkv, iso, folders, dvd disc, ect. ect.. Will it be ready sometime in 2017 ? Looks like CloneBD is doing really well.
If you Build it we will buy it. :):D

Last edited:
No CloneDVD mobile will not be combined with CloneDVD. The first is a redfox product, the second an elby one

Oops, that slipped passed my brain. I am still happy to here that CloneDVD Mobile is not dead in the water.

Last known news, far from it. But there are several issues with the current engine that are hard/impossible to fix. They're waiting on the perfected encoding engine which should then get implemented in the next (major) version of CloneDVD mobile.

No CloneDVD mobile will not be combined with CloneDVD. The first is a redfox product, the second an elby one
It would be nice if all three (CloneBD, CloneDVD, and CloneDVD mobile) could have the hardware acceleration currently being developed for CloneBD.
Also I personally would find something that could re-encode video files that has good hardware acceleration very useful.

@Ch3vr0n I am a bit confused with the development of CDVDM and its dependence on the CloneBD engine. I assume that CDVDM will not handle Blu-rays. Could you explain the prodedure to copy Blu-rays to mobile devices please.

It won't no. As to the procedure... Start clbd, load your source, click the button with the phone and disc icon and make your selection. Done

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

I would like an update on CDVDM development from someone involved at Redfox who does not have the handle Chevron. It's been awhile. Thanks.

There is no update. If there was one, it would have been posted

What's with the Ch3vron hate? Clone BD will rip a bluray for mobile device and CDVDM will do the same for DVD's, I have ripped loads of my DVD's for my Ipad and Note 3 without a problem.
There are certainly feature updates it could use but it's perfectly useable and not really that slow on a decent PC.

He just doesnt like it probably that i'm all over the forum answering everyone's questions or that i can't tell him what he wants to hear. Even if there's nothing to say like in this case. There is no update simply because there's nothing to say that wasn't said before. There's not going to be a new version until the CloneBD engine (which will be used in the next CDVDM version) is ready. There's nothing more to say.

@jim2664258
This was previously said by the RedFox Team.
It was said quite a long time ago. And I did not need Chevron or anyone else to repeat it. I was asking specifically for someone who actually knows what the development plans are to comment.

I swear to god, there are so many people here that must have never worked in software development at all. "You'll get it when we say you get it, and we aren't going to say a word about when" is not the way to run a software shop.

what do you expect them to say. We've got no news or a release date we don't set anyway? It has been that way in slysoft. It's that way in redfox. If there's any news. It'll be announced. or would you rather have a sticky with "Gotcha, no new version or news on CDVDM!" I've got direct lines to RedFox, something you don't. Now this is not to brag that i say this, but simply a fact. If there's news it'll come from either one of the staff or one of us few mods that have direct lines to the staff.

I made plenty such announcements. Just one example would be the license FAQ's when redfox started that answered many questions users had, and the staff simply didn't have the time for to answer individually, cause they were too busy still setting things up. Now it's up to you, you can either accept the fact that there's no news or don't accept it. That won't change anything on the point where they won't post anything if it isn't worth posting.

I swear to god, there are so many people here that must have never worked in software development at all. "You'll get it when we say you get it, and we aren't going to say a word about when" is not the way to run a software shop.

Development departments are not obligated to share any information with John Q Public at all. We are lucky that Redfox has more direct communications with it's consumers and share their plans on what direction they're headed. But they certainly are not obligated to provide us with deadlines or even target dates.

Perhaps to investors or their management but not to the average guy on the street.

More patience, my friend. I'm sure when it gets here it will be well worth it.

T

It was said quite a long time ago. And I did not need Chevron or anyone else to repeat it. I was asking specifically for someone who actually knows what the development plans are to comment.

I've been in software development for over 30 yrs. I don't know any professional software house that will give you updates on internal development. People feel so entitled these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back