• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

designate region code

donna

the dvds i make with anydvd and clonedvd are region free, and won't play in my dvd plater. it only plays region1 discs. i need to designate the discs as region 1, so i can play them. how can i do that.

the dvds i make with anydvd and clonedvd are region free, and won't play in my dvd plater. it only plays region1 discs. i need to designate the discs as region 1, so i can play them. how can i do that.
That doesn't make sense. All my players are region 1 and they play region free discs no problem. Not all copies are compatible with all standalone DVD players. If you are in region 1 you can just turn off the region decoding but you shouldn't have to.

Also what region is the player? If you got it in germany The U.K. or such there is a diiference in region free and format compatibility. IE: U.K. is PAL format and U.S.A. is NTSC Format.

Makes sense to me. My guess is the Region designation isn't your problem. Will your copies play in your PC with no problems? If so, your media is most likely not compatible with your home player. What brand and type (+R or -R) of media are you using?

the dvds i make with anydvd and clonedvd are region free, and won't play in my dvd plater. it only plays region1 discs.

That's impossible. All region 1 dvd players must also be able to play discs that are region free.

could be that your dvd player is picky about the media you use or it doesn't like playing copied disc's

what make is it?

After reviewing other pervious Forum postings by Forum Member donna I don’t believe the problem has anything to do with “Region Codes” but is possibly related to the use of poor quality blank DVD Media.

The actual problem is that AnyDVD/Intervideo DVDCopy and AnyDVD/CloneDVD recorded DVDs fail to play in a Sony Stand Alone Desk Top DVD Player. It is Forum Member donna self diagnosis that the problem is a “Region Code” problem.

See unresolved 24th February 2007 Forum posting ->

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1937

Regards,
Coaster

Excellent support

thanks everyone. i didn't want to believe it but you guys are right. analysis of multiple discs appears to show that the problem is relates to format(PAL) rather than region designation. thank you all for straightening me out.

Back