• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Purchase page full of unlabeled buttons!

Tipperton

I am blind and use Freedom Scientific's JAWS screen reader to use my computer.

I want to buy a lifetime license for AnyDVD but can't because the purchase page is full of unlabeled buttons. I have no trouble finding the buttons, but all JAWS tells me about them is "unlabeled button 0" and "unlabeled button 1".

If you want my money this needs to be fixed, I'm not at all inclined to just push a button to see what it does, especially on a purchase page where money is involved!

I am blind and use Freedom Scientific's JAWS screen reader to use my computer.

I want to buy a lifetime license for AnyDVD but can't because the purchase page is full of unlabeled buttons. I have no trouble finding the buttons, but all JAWS tells me about them is "unlabeled button 0" and "unlabeled button 1".

If you want my money this needs to be fixed, I'm not at all inclined to just push a button to see what it does, especially on a purchase page where money is involved!
@Ivan would need to be involved with this.

If you use a graphic image for a button or link, it helps if you put a very short description of what the control does in the image's alt tag. Screen readers look their for descriptions to read to their users when they encounter graphics.

@Tipperton: Indeed, the whole RedFox website is far from being screen reader friendly. What a shame!
I checked some documentation how to improve the accessibility - it can't be done with a quick hack, it will take some time and beers to get it done. The only quick workaround I have for now, is a free AnyDVD license. Please check your inbox.

Oh Wow! Thank you!

On a whim, I tried Firefox on your web site instead of my usual Internet Explorer, and guess what? The buttons have meaningful labels in Firefox! Don't ask me why it works in Firefox but not in Internet explorer, I've seen this on only one other web site. I use IE instead of Firefox because Firefox is not entirely accessible, if it was, I'd switch.

By the way, the only page on your web site I've had any trouble with is the purchase page, the plus and minus buttons are the only ones showing up as unlabeled, all the other buttons on the page are fine. Even stranger, like the edit links in the forum, the plus and minus buttons don't work through a screen reader, I click on them and nothing happens.

Since the arrival of your generous response interrupted my purchase using Firefox, if you want me too, I'll go back and complete the order.

If not, I'm not sure what I can do, but if there's anything I can do to help in any way, just let me know.

@Tipperton: Indeed, the whole RedFox website is far from being screen reader friendly. What a shame!
I checked some documentation how to improve the accessibility - it can't be done with a quick hack, it will take some time and beers to get it done. The only quick workaround I have for now, is a free AnyDVD license. Please check your inbox.
And some people, very few, complain that RedFox was started from the ashes of SlySoft to be nothing more than a money-making scam.

Well, that certainly puts the stake through the heart of that "conspiracy," Ivan! (y)

And some people, very few, complain that RedFox was started from the ashes of SlySoft to be nothing more than a money-making scam.

Well, that certainly puts the stake through the heart of that "conspiracy," Ivan! (y)
And some people act like the RedFox Project makes money like Apple, Cyberlink, Sony or Microsoft.

Hint: They probably don't.

Tipperton, hope you don't mind me asking you a personal question. Do you use AnyDVDhd for a unique reason because your blindness? Or do you use it for the same reason a sighted person does?

By the way, the only page on your web site I've had any trouble with is the purchase page, the plus and minus buttons are the only ones showing up as unlabeled, all the other buttons on the page are fine. Even stranger, like the edit links in the forum, the plus and minus buttons don't work through a screen reader, I click on them and nothing happens.

Since the arrival of your generous response interrupted my purchase using Firefox, if you want me too, I'll go back and complete the order.

If not, I'm not sure what I can do, but if there's anything I can do to help in any way, just let me know.

The "plus/minus buttons" are "spinner buttons", handled by "jQuery Bootstrap Touchspin": https://plugins.jquery.com/bootstrap-touchspin/
I tried to find out how to make them more accessible, but did not find any solution yet...

@JT!

I use AnyDVD so that I can use DVD Audio Extractor to extract and convert a disc's audio track, specifically the one with audio description , to a MP3 file I can use on my Victor Reader Stream (portable media player for the blind).

@Ivan

Interestingly, everything on your web site works and has meaningful labels if I use Firefox, but in Internet Explorer, those spinner buttons on the purchase page don't work, while everything else does.

There is only one other site I've encountered that occasionally needs Firefox, I use Firefox so rarely that I often forget I have it around for just such reasons as pages like your purchase page.

Last edited:
Reactions: JT!
Back