• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime License my butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased every license that you had as SlySoft. These were lifetime licenses. Today, I received a message that my AnyDVD had an update, so I ran it and was then informed that I now have to pay to use my software! I immediately reinstalled an older version.

I am sorry that you all lost your jobs and that it left you high and dry, but to come back and leave your customers high and dry is POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! I told tons of people about the grand software from slysoft.com and as many others on this site, brought you several customers and now I have to pay for ANOTHER lifetime license.

If this is a misunderstanding then my apologies, but so far NONE of my licenses work. If this is the way you all want to do business then by all means COUNT ME OUT. I will be sure to let others know how you wish to conduct business and that Lifetime is NOT LIFETIME!

Thanks

Its not a misunderstanding. Slysoft went out of business. The developers took over so there would be something left and we started a project. This is not a company. Slysoft is dead and gone. So if you want to continue to receive updates you have to buy a Redfox license. Otherwise you can continue to use up to V7.6.9.5 for older movies and not be connected to the Online Data base. If you would like to buy a license, please go to our purchase page. Slysofts lifetime ended. and with that so did your Slysoft license. Join us in this project. Be happy. I think everyone know this already, its been since last February.

Last edited:
Is there any discount available for previous license holders? Your license cost is much higher than what I paid before. I am in the US and USD is much higher than your Euro this license for one program looks to run me around $120 USD.

Is there any discount available for previous license holders? Your license cost is much higher than what I paid before. I am in the US and USD is much higher than your Euro this license for one program looks to run me around $120 USD.

You have missed the boat, there has been two different discounts offered and you missed both.

Will there be another discount in the future, maybe, maybe not

While you will pay more USD than EUR, the amount you'll pay will be exactly the same. And just an fyi, prices are cheaper than the ones Slysoft had. There has been a 2 month long introductory discount from end of may to end of July, and another one ended about a week ago. Check back around the next major holiday, maybe they'll do another one around Halloween or something.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Important information for SlySoft license owners!
SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.5. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Tuesday, May 31, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally.

Here's a link to 7.6.9.5.

https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupAnyDVD7695.exe

Question is: why is discount time-limited at all for former LTL holders ?

@Recycle
Please no rant answer, it's a simple question.

It's time limited for everyone, and discounts always have been. With Slysoft as well as RedFox. That's not going to change.

If former LTL owners got nothing but the same discount as everyone else, you could at least grant them 20% off also outside the usual discount period.
That would be a small compensation for those who "missed the boat".
A compensation really shouldn't be time-limited.

You obviously have no idea what a logistical nightmare that would be. A ltl exclusive discount was initially the idea, but deemed unfeasible. For starters, redfox didn't have the entire customer database of slysoft, then they'd have to figure out who was an ltl an who wasn't, then you've got the problem that email addresses change of the license holders, some use fake ones, isp's die or get merged, then you'd also have to create individual discounts for thousands of users or have them contact support for a specific one which would put an immense load on the support staff. When only the 50% and free 1y license had to be manually requested by recent buyers of shortly before the shutdown, they were WEEKS behind on handling the tickets for those. Add a few thousand ltlers and you're months behind. So they had no choice but to open it up to a general one. That initial one lasted 2 whole months, long enough for a big part to get it.

And there's already been 2 discount periods, there's likely going to be more. There's only so much a human being can do.

You obviously have no idea what a logistical nightmare that would be.
I do ;)
But with relatively small effort you could have build a system where LTL owners could send in their key-file and then be forwarded to a -20% check out.
Or compile a offline Key-file application which generates a discount code ...or the like.
Where there's a will there's a way ...still.

What's the difference between sending in the key file and then being forwarded to 20% off, or getting it immediately? None, except the manual key send hassle. 20% is 20%. It's a logistical nightmare.

Of course the key must be checked automatically on your side ;)

Of course the key must be checked automatically on your side ;)

Exactly! When I read one of the preceding post, I was like what century are these people living in. There is meta data in license keys. Since Sly soft keys were no longer valid. All they had to do is put a discount code box on the update page. Where you could upload your key file all 1kb of it, heading off the bandwidth issue. Then have a simple program and I mean simple program, scan the key file for the information in the key file and check it against a blacklisted list. The file name alone would be enough to identify most of the original lifetime holders. The program would then set a discount price quote along with a discount code, if the person buys it, then it puts the Slysoft key and the discount code in a database for no more discounts. It then creates an accounting file.

It is the key file that is being extended a discount. Not the email address or person. It is the computer age.

That's all easier said than done. You'd have to have a complete customer database (which they didn't), the needed hardware infrastructure (which they didn't), funds to develop that kind of labor intensive thing (which they also didn't). Anyway, this is going way too off topic.

We will make sure that the 20% discount appears again, maybe look for it around Turkey Day , I cant promise that but I can see if its possible. Thank you all who supported the project and all of you who who are looking forward to supporting the project, we look forward to having you here.

You'd have to have a complete customer database (which they didn't)...
You understand what Watcher0363 and myself meant ? The customer database is precisely what you don't need when checking the key file.

...and funds to program such a labor intensive thing o_O

I understand now, you won't change that.
But don't just be defensive and say there was no way for a practical solution.

you do need the customer DB? How else are you checking if the file sent in is a valid one! Anyone can create a .AnyDVDHD file, but you need to check it's validity against the keys that were sent out and the blacklisted ones.

I think they have the customer DB - because of this:

RedFox 1, Sep 29, 2016 : "Over 95% of the original Slysoft customers have come back to RedFox, so please do not make assumptions."

You can make such a statement only if you know all the facts.
But their thing ...

I was just as disappointed as everyone else here to find out my "lifetime" license has stopped working. I also understand the reality of the situation. I intend to purchase a new lifetime license but I'm a little low on funds at the immediate present. My question though; what safeguards have been put in place to make sure the feds don't shut down RedFox the same way they did with SlySoft forcing our lifetime licenses to stop working all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back