• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Suggestions for renaming AnyDVD Lifetime License

Yaris

Guys, I suggest that Redfox rename its AnyDVD Lifetime license to 'Extended License' in order to clearly avoid confusion with the old lifetime license name and prevent the clutter of posts with the same complaints being rehashed over and over again.
Thoughts?

Guys, I suggest that Redfox rename its AnyDVD Lifetime license to 'Extended License' in order to clearly avoid confusion with the old lifetime license name and prevent the clutter of posts with the same complaints being rehashed over and over again.
Thoughts?
Won't happen since RedFox made no confusion. Slysoft license was Slysoft it has nothing to do with RedFox-those trying to make those links are misinformed and trying to get something for free that is the real story they don't want to admit. RedFox has nothing to do with Slysoft that is the Story but people keep grabbing for straws when there are none to be had.

Recycle, you misunderstood the OP. He just suggesting Redfox renames the lifetime licence to something else that wouldn't use the word 'lifetime'.

Personally I think it should remain as 'lifetime' but state that it's for the lifetime of the product, not the user.

It can't be for the lifetime for the user. Because it doesn't ask anyone anywhere for their date of birth.

Last edited:
It can't be for the lifetime or the user. Because it doesn't ask anyone anywhere for their date of birth.

I'm not quite sure what that has to do with it... but if I told you I was going to give you a lifetime supply of Hersey kisses, what would your age / DoB have to do with it?

How else could they determine how long it can possibly be valid. Otherwise we would live forever.

Lifetime supplies of products like your example have a limit. And is what they give you. Enough to last a lifetime in their own opinion.

Recycle, you misunderstood the OP. He just suggesting Redfox renames the lifetime licence to something else that wouldn't use the word 'lifetime'.
Personally I think it should remain as 'lifetime' but state that it's for the lifetime of the product, not the user.
Why should they RedFox lifetime license has nothing to do with Slysoft which no longer exists. This is no confusion here people just don't want to read what has happened and why what has happened. If one took the time to read the News and understand why anything with Slysoft has nothing to do with RedFox. Anydvd HD lifetime license from RedFox isn't a extended license or upgrade so let's get this straight. There's is no such thing - the lifetime license from RedFox is just that from RedFox.

Why should they RedFox lifetime license has nothing to do with Slysoft which no longer exists. This is no confusion here people just don't want to read what has happened and why what has happened. If one took the time to read the News and understand why anything with Slysoft has nothing to do with RedFox. Anydvd HD lifetime license from RedFox isn't a extended license or upgrade so let's get this straight. There's is no such thing - the lifetime license from RedFox is just that from RedFox.

Just getting my big spoon out - I'm a bit confused if RedFox has nothing to do with Slysoft, why is my Slysoft software pointing me in the direction of RedFox to upgrade? There is obviously a connection in some way no matter what has happened. Personally I think the 'lifetime' licence is a very bad business model - a bit like a light bulb that lasts forever - once everyone has signed up where does the revenue come from?

Everything you need to know is available on either Google search, forum search or third party news articles

And thank you for that . Especially with the problems some people have trying to get their first RedFox license.

This has nothing to do with Slysoft. I'm not really sure why you even brought Slysoft up. I never mentioned Slysoft in my post.

Call it a licence until we relocate and charge you again for essentially the same product with the required update that you would have continued to have received if they had not come up with a new name. I am not sure that I need to back up my cd's so badly to pay for another"until we fold our tent and run" licence. I suppose it was time to shake the money tree since lifetime licences don't pay the bills forever. Why not set up shop in China so you wont have to run again, the Chinese copy everything with impunity.

First, they didn't relocate. They got shut down
Second: they didn't rename, they got shut down
third: because even the chinese arent safe. The monkey lost their .com domain as well, china just doesn't care as much. and if you have a central location, it's easier to shut things down. That's why RedFox doesn't have one

Just getting my big spoon out - I'm a bit confused if RedFox has nothing to do with Slysoft, why is my Slysoft software pointing me in the direction of RedFox to upgrade? There is obviously a connection in some way no matter what has happened. Personally I think the 'lifetime' licence is a very bad business model - a bit like a light bulb that lasts forever - once everyone has signed up where does the revenue come from?

Because people on this forum tend to get very overly defensive. Some members want to say that Slyfox and Redfox have absolutely nothing to do with each other, reason being is that they're sick to death of accusations just like Anthony Rosa posted two posts up, so they try and argue that Redfox and Slysoft are as different as Walmart and Kmart and complaining about having to re-buy a licence is as if you bought a product from one of those stores and tried to return it to the other, and getting mad when they tell you you're at the wrong store.

Personally I feel it is a dishonest argument and I urge users, mods and admin not to argue this.

Instead I feel they should just be honest and accept the two companies connections. Same majority of the staff, same flagship product, same website*, same forum*. Slysoft's anyDVD HD directing you to update to Refox's any DVD HD is a good example of their connections.

I feel personally if users argue a bit more honestly and explain that Redfox would have loved to have honored Slyfox's licences (which I'm sure is true), but couldn't because they're essentially a new company and wouldn't have enough funds to continue on with the project and if it wasn't for Slysoft licences holders rebuying they would cease to exist, I think we'd have a lot less complaining and a lot more respect on the forums. This is the option we have, we either have this option or nothing.

I still agree with the OP. I was very shocked that the licence was still named the way it is. Especially when it could just have simply been named "Licence" or "Full Licence" etc. But ultimately I don't think it really matters because if the company goes bye bye people are just gonna be as pissed whether they bought a Licence, Full Licence, Extended Licence, or Lifetime Licence.

*with minor tweaks and name change.

Because people on this forum tend to get very overly defensive. Some members want to say that Slyfox and Redfox have absolutely nothing to do with each other, reason being is that they're sick to death of accusations just like Anthony Rosa posted two posts up, so they try and argue that Redfox and Slysoft are as different as Walmart and Kmart and complaining about having to re-buy a licence is as if you bought a product from one of those stores and tried to return it to the other, and getting mad when they tell you you're at the wrong store.

Personally I feel it is a dishonest argument and I urge users, mods and admin not to argue this.

Instead I feel they should just be honest and accept the two companies connections. Same majority of the staff, same flagship product, same website*, same forum*. Slysoft's anyDVD HD directing you to update to Refox's any DVD HD is a good example of their connections.

I feel personally if users argue a bit more honestly and explain that Redfox would have loved to have honored Slyfox's licences (which I'm sure is true), but couldn't because they're essentially a new company and wouldn't have enough funds to continue on with the project and if it wasn't for Slysoft licences holders rebuying they would cease to exist, I think we'd have a lot less complaining and a lot more respect on the forums. This is the option we have, we either have this option or nothing.

I still agree with the OP. I was very shocked that the licence was still named the way it is. Especially when it could just have simply been named "Licence" or "Full Licence" etc. But ultimately I don't think it really matters because if the company goes bye bye people are just gonna be as pissed whether they bought a Licence, Full Licence, Extended Licence, or Lifetime Licence.

Actually saying Redfox And Slysoft have nothing to do with each other should never have been uttered and should not be uttered again. At least as long as both the installation file and the execution file for Redfox are both operating under the Slysoft digital certificates. And if on 01/02/2017 the digital certificate for the software is somehow still registered under Slysoft inc.. Then perhaps that lawyer seeking guy, should just go to GlobalSign Codesigning CA and have them explain why their certificate is signing off on a product which is so vigorously being defended as not coming from the company that the digital certificate was registered to. When Slysoft Inc. is no longer listed on the digital signatures then they can say, at least technically, that they are two different totally separate companies and product, until then, technically and legally, they are the same.

A Redfox product with its own digital signature would install rather easily on my system. But I must say a Redfox digital signature attempting to modify a Slysoft digital signature product would have been a totally no go on my system. I do not know if my system would let me override the install at your own risk. It has prevented me from installing at least two programs for some reason in the past.

Here we go again...grabbing for straws. There is no connections one is long go - why don't you go and find them and ask them to come back assuming you can get past their lawyers ignoring you. Your the one arguing into the wind for something that will never happen. Read the Facts of what happened instead of making up falsehood and misleading story lines. If you don't like the software don't buy it no one is forcing you to buy it. You or the OP is your choice to buy or not buy no one is crying for you because you don't like what happened. There was shocked Slysoft closed and vanished but the rest of us live in Reality and moved on and time for others to face the Truth and move on as well. That's is life - Slysoft's battle ended with their closures and no amount of whining will bring them back that is the FACT. You got two choices either Buy RedFox v8 license to keep using with latest updates or stop at 7.6.9.5 and that is the end of your license days-take a pick and go with that. But don't blame RedFox for what happened since one fails repeatedly to blame the party AACS-LA as the culprit for what happened.

Another good example is this guy. Who never really reads whatever the person quoted actually said and just goes on a massive rant.

"There is no connections" after I post several connections.

Their lawyers aren't ignoring me, nor do I want Slysoft back... are you confusing me with someone who threatened to sue them?

I know the facts of what happened I was on the forums through the transition.

I bought a licence.

How can anyone blame Redfox for what happened... they didn't exist till it happened. I'm not a time traveler.

How can anyone blame Redfox for what happened... they didn't exist till it happened. I'm not a time traveler.
Really...then I guess I missed all those Closed Threads.....

Back