• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media Write Error

BigJ0269

Hey, Ive used CloneDVD for about a year now, and this is the first time Ive ever had problems. Heres the deal:

I go through the title configuration, where it does basically a fast forward preview of the movie.

Then I do the next step, where it creates the DVD files

When the DVD drive pops open to ask for a recordable media, I put in the same type of DVD I have always used (Imation DVD-R with Forcefield Protective Coating) and close the tray.

It thinks for a matter of about 10 seconds, then gives me teh "oh no" warning and says Media Write Error, the media you are trying to use is a bad media.

Ive tried multiple DVD's and multiple blank DVDs from my stack, and I still get the same error. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Are you using CloneDVD 2.9.1.2?

Yep, I have the most current software. I guess Ill have to try another kind of DVD. Only thing that makes me confused is, they have worked before, many times. So I dont get why it changes now, unless it has somehting to do wtih the settings of the new version of CloneDVD

Uninstall and reinstall CloneDVD 2.9.1.2. Then try it again.

Same problem. Guess the next step is trying something different for media huh? Any suggestions? Something thats not horribly expensive. Probably at least need a +R DVD correct?

Same problem. Guess the next step is trying something different for media huh? Any suggestions? Something thats not horribly expensive. Probably at least need a +R DVD correct?
Does not matter if you use + or -. I would suggest Verbatim. They got 100 Verbatim discs for $30 right now on Newegg.

I'm not very sure this will fix it. You tried multiple discs and it still said it, that is strange.

I'm not very sure this will fix it. You tried multiple discs and it still said it, that is strange.

I tried multiple Imation DVD-R's. So maybe a new brand, and the DVD+R will make a difference. Guess its worth a shot, right?

I tried multiple Imation DVD-R's. So maybe a new brand, and the DVD+R will make a difference. Guess its worth a shot, right?
Sure. You could booktype the DVD+R to DVD-ROM for higher compatibility with standalone players as well.

From Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

I'm getting Writedvd 10 11 W2 errors. Why?

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (8x) premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes". Stay far away from Memorex, Princo, Ritek, regular Maxell, Fuji, etc. that are not made in Japan.
b) Click this and read FULLY (because the same advice applies)
c) Do you have Musicmatch Jukebox on your system? If so, click this
d) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, drag to disc, DLA, etc.)
e) Click this and read
f) Do steps 3 and 4 from here (note that step 4 requires you to post information, and this step could be the most helpful in getting your situation resolved)

Yeah, I saw that a few days ago. Good deal.

Too bad that sweet deal went up this weekend, back to $29.99 for a 50-pack. Oh well, gonna give these a shot. If they don't work, I'm lost at what to do next. How do you feel about Sony DVD+R's? They werent too bad of price either, but I figured I better try the Verbatim DVD+R since thats what we talked about.

Too bad that sweet deal went up this weekend, back to $29.99 for a 50-pack. Oh well, gonna give these a shot. If they don't work, I'm lost at what to do next. How do you feel about Sony DVD+R's? They werent too bad of price either, but I figured I better try the Verbatim DVD+R since thats what we talked about.
I have used Sony DVD-Rs for over a year with no problems.

:bowdown: Thank god, it was just the fact that I had crappy Media. I got some Verbatim DVD+R's and they work just fine. Back to burning. Thanks again for your help

:bowdown: Thank god, it was just the fact that I had crappy Media. I got some Verbatim DVD+R's and they work just fine. Back to burning. Thanks again for your help
Glad to see this problem resolved. Pretty bizarre though that it wouldn't accept any of that brand though.

Back