• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft Lifetime License Will Not Work for RedFox AnyDVD HD After v7.6.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also give good money to the team years ago for a lifetime license
now they did the same as many companies all around the world do all the time, if they like to forget all the promises they gave before
its easy to say - now its a different company, you have to buy all a second time - but its not ok - the same people are working there I allready paid
it is also a matter of character
I would not buy a second time - because in few years the name will change again...
I am sure there will be a shitstorm to this commend, because some people just do not want to here this
and by the way - yes, english is not my native language, but it should be readable

Redfox didn't promise you anything, you got your initial license from slysoft. Redfox isnt a company either, they didn't do anything like 'many other companies (proof please btw)'. There's not going to be a shitstorm either, everyone is entitled to their opinion, you just need to get your facts straight.

I also give good money to the team years ago for a lifetime license
now they did the same as many companies all around the world do all the time, if they like to forget all the promises they gave before
its easy to say - now its a different company, you have to buy all a second time - but its not ok - the same people are working there I allready paid

You can safely take off the tinfoil hat now. SlySoft wasn't some 'too big to fail' sleasy bank or something that scammed everyone, and then got bailed out for billions. If you take the time to read up on the story, you'll learn how and why SlySoft was put out of business. And then you'll realize how fortunate we really are RedFox found some way to continue, after all. Trust me, most companies that get hit by the MPAA and their criminal consortium of commercial parties, with way too much money and political influence (the two are related, of course), never ever see the light of day again.

So, be glad RedFox is still here; but don't ask them to do it for free, please.

Please do some research on why Slysoft was CLOSED. No name change involved. And nothing says you have to buy it ALL again. AnyDVDHD is the ONLY program that requires a REDFOX license as that is the most time consuming and has the most upkeep requirements to stay up to date with the newest protection schemes deployed by the industry.

YOUR Slysoft keyfile for AnyDVDHD will continue to work up to version 7.6.9.5. but please be aware it will not receive any updates for the decryption of new DVD protections and it will not connect to the OPD which is required to decrypt some newer Blu-ray discs. And OPD must be used for all BD+ discs not previously decrypted by that machine (uses your local database then). And all screenpass protected disc's for playlist support. But I will work fine for a large number of disc's.
Here's a link for the installation of 7.6.9.5. :
https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupAnyDVD7695.exe

Beleieve this hurt a lot more people than the license holders, if thats what was lost is the cost of a license, I would have been very happy. Have to go now, hurricane damage.

All I am saying is Red Fox has kept the faith & a few dollars to support their effort & service to users is well deserved. We should be happy that they CARED enough to pick up the pieces & protect their clients ..... At least from my viewpoint ( and I am sure many many others ) the folks @ Red Fox deserve our gratitude not whining about a few dollars to support those who support us. Enough said

would also apologize for the caps .... normally don't bother with chat so I am unlearned in "chat conventions" but sincerely believe in "anydvd" and the people whom are much smarter than me... was not aware that caps= yelling.... withstanding that... this is something that is important to me & Red Fox staff deserve our support & assistance ...not complaining that we ( the users ) must support those who support us and let us remember it is not spelling or caps that are of merit it is the expression of personal views & hopefully learn something about our passion for movies & fair play

ugh...tried to get 2nd LTL license and got the 66 error again and have to call and yell at those knuckle heads again. :mad:

All I am saying is Red Fox has kept the faith & a few dollars to support their effort & service to users is well deserved. We should be happy that they CARED enough to pick up the pieces & protect their clients ..... At least from my viewpoint ( and I am sure many many others ) the folks @ Red Fox deserve our gratitude not whining about a few dollars to support those who support us. Enough said

What a joke. They don't deserve any credit for trying to fleece their customers.

RedFox is an organization that's charging money for a product. They're a company. They're choosing to not honor the "lifetime" license for a product. It's shady as hell and likely illegal.

How would you feel if next week they changed their name to BlueFox and said that they'd no longer be honoring lifetime licenses for AnyDVDHD, because hey, we're not RedFox anymore and you bought that license from RedFox?

Redfox isnt a company, it's a closed source project. Companies have a business address for starters redfox doesn't.

What a joke. They don't deserve any credit for trying to fleece their customers.

RedFox is an organization that's charging money for a product. They're a company. They're choosing to not honor the "lifetime" license for a product. It's shady as hell and likely illegal.

How would you feel if next week they changed their name to BlueFox and said that they'd no longer be honoring lifetime licenses for AnyDVDHD, because hey, we're not RedFox anymore and you bought that license from RedFox?
Out of interest, would you have been happier if Redfox hadn't started up and Slysoft had just disappeared after being shut down due to pressure from the MPAA etc?
Or do you deny that Slysoft was forced to shut down?

Out of interest, would you have been happier if Redfox hadn't started up and Slysoft had just disappeared after being shut down due to pressure from the MPAA etc?
Or do you deny that Slysoft was forced to shut down?

I would have felt like my lifetime license had been honored. I would have been disappointed that there were no more updates, but I wouldn't have felt defrauded.

Chevron -- they're charging money for a product, so I'm pretty sure they're a "company" at some level. Otherwise they're dumb and exposing themselves to a ton of personal liability.

Charging money for something makes you a company? There's lots cases where that one doesn't fly. The open source scenario uses that a lot. Exposing themselves? Not really. DUMB? Enough with the insults and accusations, you will stop with that or we so be forced to make you stop.

Corporate entities are intended to shield their owners from personal liability -- it's usually pretty unwise to expose your individual finances when forming an organization that sells a product.

Anyways, whether they're a "company" or not is basically irrelevant. Copy/paste "organization" or "closed source development group" if you prefer. It doesn't change the situation -- that they're selling a product for which I own an lifetime license that they've decided not to honor.

Charging money for something makes you a company? There's lots cases where that one doesn't fly. The open source scenario uses that a lot. Exposing themselves? Not really. DUMB? Enough with the insults and accusations, you will stop with that or we so be forced to make you stop.

Kindergarten Cop strikes again.....SO PATHETIC..!!

Corporate entities are intended to shield their owners from personal liability -- it's usually pretty unwise to expose your individual finances when forming an organization that sells a product.

Anyways, whether they're a "company" or not is basically irrelevant. Copy/paste "organization" or "closed source development group" if you prefer. It doesn't change the situation -- that they're selling a product for which I own an lifetime license that they've decided not to honor.
Kindergarten Cop strikes again.....SO PATHETIC..!!
You both have a choice either buy and support RedFox developments or don't. You two don't get your cake and eat the turkey. Alot of whiners here and one that knows well enough after all the postings of what has happened and why threads that go closed - this will be among one of them as well.

@ChrisC
You really need to do some research as to what happened to Slysoft the company and more specifically the CEO who was the one who received your funds. As he is NOT part of RedFox. And it really did happen.
And how RedFox came to be and how they are able to even sell AnyDVDHD at all.
I myself had licensing from SLYSOFT for AnyDVDHD, 2 to be exact. So I understand your disappointment. However this was in no way just a name change to as you say fleece customers. That was proven when they released on their own with NO funding or even a future job at the time. Five yes five updates for AnyDVDHD. For FREE to every license holder. And they have kept the last one 7.6.9.5. available to download at anytime it's needed. On top of that they did not require a new license for CDVDM or CCD. When RedFox licensing became available to purchase. Because they cared about how much users were upset about the situation mostly do to a lack of understanding the actual licensing agreement. And for the record they had absolutely NO intentions of EVER selling another Lifetime License to AnyDVDHD again it was going to be a renewal only. But the community asked for it so they gave in do to the situation.
If it had been about a name change just to make money do you really think they would have ever done those things ? No.

You both have a choice either buy and support RedFox developments or don't. You two don't get your cake and eat the turkey. Alot of whiners here and one that knows well enough after all the postings of what has happened and why threads that go closed - this will be among one of them as well.

Agreed -- we all have to make that decision, and I've made mine. But it's worth letting the developers know why I've made that decision, how unhappy they've made a once-happy-and-paying customer, and to warn other potential customers that this organization has made customer-hostile decisions in the past when they're considering supporting them with their dollars.

neb: No, I don't think they did a name change just to make money. But when they became RedFox, they could have continued to honor lifetime licenses for the product that they continued to develop and sell. They made the decision to not honor those lifetime licenses. They made that decision once, and they could do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back