• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

FAQ, Can I use my Slysoft AnyDVDHD license with the new RedFox AnyDVDHD versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebostrangla

From the FAQ on the main RedFox page
Can I use my Slysoft license with the new RedFox versions?
The last version of AnyDVD that can be unlocked with Slysoft license keys is 7.6.9.5. For all later versions you need to obtain a new license key from us. SlySoft licenses of other products such as CloneDVD, CloneCD, and CloneDVD mobile, as well as elby CloneBD licenses are not affected and will continue to work normally.
Click the version number in the post or the link below for setup exe of 7.6.9.5.
https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupAnyDVD7695.exe

I could not care less for all the politics/economics/long windy explanations. It is the same product as before and as such there are legal liabilities for continuing support of new and old customers. They failed in that regard and telling that you have to buy again is just pure greed.

You show me on the order form where it asks for a date of birth. Because without that info how could it possibly mean YOUR LIFETIME. And besides you would live forever anyway and your great, great, great grandkids would be receiving the updates then right.
So again in case you missed the important information. It was for the lifetime of the company that sold you the license not yours . And there life is over along with the updates supplied by them. Period end of discussion.
Now the few devs,admin, and support people that choose to put their own necks out for us the customers. So that this great piece of software (AnyDVDHD) would not stay dead. Have nothing to do with Slysoft and now own this product . Therefore RedFox now supplies the updates and unless you purchase a REDFOX license then you can't receive the updates they are supplying.
So the decision is yours now. You can support the best damn decrypter on the market. Or you can purchase an inferior product.
BTW,
Your Slysoft license will continue to work for the final Slysoft version which is 7.6.9.5.
A link to it is here:
https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupAnyDVD7695.exe
Just be advised it will not receive any updates for new DVD protections schemes and cannot connect to the OPD which is required for most new Blu-ray releases. It's also required for all BD+ not already seen by that machine and info still stored in local database. Is also required for all Screenpass protected disc's for proper playlist support. It still will work for alot of disc's but just know you may run into decryption issues at some point in the future.
Have a good day.

Last edited:
I purchased a key for the lifetime of the PRODUCT. Not my lifetime, not the lifetime of the company developing it. This is the exact same product, and suddenly my lifetime license key is no longer valid, and they want $120 AGAIN?

It's absolutely absurd, and basically fraudulent. Everyone considering purchasing a license for this product should know that RedFox can't be trusted, and will revoke the license -- even lifetime licenses -- whenever they feel like it. They're a crappy business doing shady things.

Well, you purchased a license for Slysoft anydvd (hd). This is redfox anydvd hd. Your license didn't suddenly became invalid. Slysoft got shut down in February, THAT is when your license initially got cancelled due to the MPAA/aacs-la shutting slysoft down. REDFOX took it upon them to release 5 Interim versions that would work while things were transitioning. Did they have to do that? No, yet they did without any funding at all. If they hadn't your slysoft anydvd would have died OVERNIGHT due to the shutdown of slysoft. Blame the MPAA and aacs-la for that.

It's not absurd and definitely not fraudulent. The decrypter business comes with an inherit of getting shut down. If redfox doesn't get any funding, anydvd is effectively dead (like it was in February overnight). You need to educate yourself into what happened and what the consequences were, and what the redfox staff did. Accusing the staff of fraudulent activity will not be tolerated.

You have the MPAA and aacs-la too thank for rendering your license null and void.

And if they get "shut down" again and change their name to BlueFox and keep selling the exact same product? Is everyone cool with that too? Because that's pretty much what they did, and they seem perfectly willing to do it again.

If a company goes under, that's fine. I understand that there will be no more updates, and my lifetime license is honored. My issue is that I've purchased a lifetime license for a product that is still being developed and sold, and it's not being honored. You can't just change a company name to avoid honoring licenses that you've sold -- that's illegal.

That's not what they did. You're saying they shut themselves down voluntarily and formed redfox. They didn't, that GOT shut down by the MPAA. Completely different scenario. The risk of getting shut down inherit to the sector anydvd operates. Would we like it if it happened again? No, would we be ok with it... Well there's nothing to be ok with, nothing we could against the MPAA and aacs-la. 'no more updates and lifetime license honored', how exactly would you have a company honor your license it they got shut down? Right, you can't. If it was the same product, there would be 2 anydvd versions. There's aren't. And to the illegal part, perhaps you don't realise that you're doing illegal things simply by USING anydvd. Feel free to contact the MPAA and aacs-la and complain to them for the shutdown, and watch them sue your ass for copyright infringement and piracy. Have with that.

Oh and again, redfox isnt a company. Please educate yourself before making accusations that simply aren't true, then you're welcome to come back.

Regardless of whether they were forced to shut down or did so voluntarily, they made the conscious decision to not honor lifetime licenses for a product they continued to sell. Personally, I'm not trusting an organization that treats its customers with such disdain.

Whether AnyDVDHD violates the DCMA is irrelevant to the question of whether they're committing fraud by invalidating lifetime licenses for a product they continue to support and sell.

Also, whether they're technically a "company" is mostly irrelevant. They're an organization selling a product. (Though I'd be very surprised if they were exposing themselves to personal liability by not forming some sort of corporate entity).

It is the same product as before
Is that so?
The SlySoft version could reposition Blu-ray subtitles during playback in real time? No, it could not. (And no other software can)
The SlySoft version could adjust the alpha channel of Blu-ray subtitles during playback in real time? No, it could not. (And no other software can)
The SlySoft version could prevent PowerDVD 16 from detecting Cinavia? No, it could not.
The SlySoft version could handle latest Arccos? No, it could not.
The SlySoft version could handle latest Screenpass? No, it could not.
The SlySoft version could handle latest BD+ and StreetLock? No, it could not.

Also, whether they're technically a "company" is mostly irrelevant. They're an organization selling a product. (Though I'd be very surprised if they were exposing themselves to personal liability by not forming some sort of corporate entity).
SlySoft was a "company". You know what happened.

Regardless of whether they were forced to shut down or did so voluntarily, they made the conscious decision to not honor lifetime licenses for a product they continued to sell. Personally, I'm not trusting an organization that treats its customers with such disdain.

Whether AnyDVDHD violates the DCMA is irrelevant to the question of whether they're committing fraud by invalidating lifetime licenses for a product they continue to support and sell.
Just imagine we named it Doodle. Feeling better now?

The SlySoft version could prevent PowerDVD 16 from detecting Cinavia? No, it could not.

Slightly Off-Topic: the current version of AnyDVD HD can?! (Apart from the downgrade2ac3 trick with a third-party program).

Is that so?
The SlySoft version could reposition Blu-ray subtitles during playback in real time? No, it could not. (And no other software can)
The SlySoft version could adjust the alpha channel of Blu-ray subtitles during playback in real time? No, it could not. (And no other software can)
The SlySoft version could handle latest Arccos? No, it could not.
The SlySoft version could handle latest Screenpass? No, it could not.
The SlySoft version could handle latest BD+ and StreetLock? No, it could not.

Obviously when development continues, features are added. I expected access to all of those features with a lifetime license.

The fact that other products are supported should at least raise some eyebrows. So called new Any DVD is not new I bet kernels are the same, name is the same, update numbers are progressive etc. So it is the same product. As a business entity you cannot assume benefits of th product without liabilities. In this case existing customers. And that in civilized countries is against customer protection laws. So lawsuit is in order. The way some members are defending/ excision this status quo makes me think they are paid trolls and nothing about 'doing the right thing '...

The fact that other products are supported should at least raise some eyebrows. So called new Any DVD is not new I bet kernels are the same, name is the same, update numbers are progressive etc. So it is the same product. As a business entity you cannot assume benefits of th product without liabilities. In this case existing customers. And that in civilized countries is against customer protection laws. So lawsuit is in order. The way some members are defending/ excision this status quo makes me think they are paid trolls and nothing about 'doing the right thing '...
Well, I will make a free trolling post then. Why are you here? Hoping for a freebie? Scare off potential customers? What is your reasoning for continued posts? Unhappy? Fine, we all are/were. We choose to move on because we need the software.

The ' new management' would like customers believe that as a software Any DVD ceased to exist and if that was the case the excusers/explainers about lifetime updates have it right. Unfortunately they do not. Any DVD is alive and well. It progresses and is being updated as it would have been under 'old management'. As is, it is, the continuation of the existing product. And changing the name will not do either. Whoever and when disects the software to its core will prove is the same, though naturally evolved product. Again let me repeat myself you cannot have benefits without liabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back