• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slysoft Lifetime License Will Not Work for RedFox AnyDVD HD After v7.6.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Blaster

I just ran into the issue where my lifetime license will not work for newer versions of AnyDVD HD, specifically versions beyond 7.6.9.5.

I understand that Slysoft is not the same company as RedFox, and I do understand that this spin up company who has kept the same great product going has not been paid anything for doing so. I appreciate this.

I also understand the thought behind having to purchase a new license - to a point. I understand those of us who are frustrated, as I believe when we buy a lifetime license, we are purchasing the right to use the product for the life of the product, not the life of the company providing it.

So when the same product is continued, albeit by a different company, I personally feel as if I have been hung out to dry.

In the end, it is a waste of time to fight it, but I personally will not be purchasing another license, partially for the above mentioned reason, but mostly due to the fact that I can't afford it right now.

My two cents.

Redfox isnt a company. It's a closed source project. You got lifetime updates for the anydvd (hd) product developed by Slysoft. Nobody likes what happened, not the former staff and not the current staff, nor the users. The only ones that hung you out to dry as you put it, is your US government for giving civilian authorities like the MPAA and aacs-la too much power and enforcing us laws onto countries. They're the ones ultimately to blame. If they didn't have that much power, none of this would have happened to Slysoft and other similar tool developers.

You're always welcome back in the future.

I just ran into the issue where my lifetime license will not work for newer versions of AnyDVD HD, specifically versions beyond 7.6.9.5.

I understand that Slysoft is not the same company as RedFox, and I do understand that this spin up company who has kept the same great product going has not been paid anything for doing so. I appreciate this.

I also understand the thought behind having to purchase a new license - to a point. I understand those of us who are frustrated, as I believe when we buy a lifetime license, we are purchasing the right to use the product for the life of the product, not the life of the company providing it.

So when the same product is continued, albeit by a different company, I personally feel as if I have been hung out to dry.

In the end, it is a waste of time to fight it, but I personally will not be purchasing another license, partially for the above mentioned reason, but mostly due to the fact that I can't afford it right now.

My two cents.
As anything you will put gas in your car even if the the prices goes up at the pump? Right. And there is no complaints to the Gas companies that you will stop using their gas. So let's get realistic here Slysoft went belly up because of what Ch3vr0n said and the staff/employees had to pickup the pieces and revive the product under RedFox with no connections to Slysoft. Your Slysoft License will work up to 7.6.9.5 but no newer dvd decrypt or BD OPD. Your lifetime was with Slysoft not Redfox to get the record straight here. And your response can't afford that is a hollow jester. Like I mention before you will buy gas even if the prices goes up but a one time purchase is too much? See the irony in this comparison-you will spend more in your lifetime *pun* for gas then the Lifetime RedFox license. Also my .02 cent.

And to further disclose your License was with Slysoft and their lifetime Slysoft support for your license not RedFox. Realistically let's not makeup facts to support one's wrong story - scores no points.

Last edited:

I suppose one could argue RedFox would have done better to not continue with the same AnyDVD HD name, so as to avoid entitlement issues like these. But I reckon name recognition was more important (and justly so).

Ultimately, anyone who expects 'lifetime' updates to literally cover the lifespan of their own lives, regardless of whether or not the company in question still exists, is inherently being unreasonable. And I assume you probably agree with that too (but don't really want to hear that now).

For the record, I possesed a lifetime license with SlySoft too, and was at least equally bummed out when they went under. At the end of the day I just asked myself, though, Will I stay grumpy for ever, stomping my feet, or will I just chalk this off as one of life's hiccups, and continue to add my Blu-Rays to my media server? I decided to do the latter, and to rejoice in the fact there are still folks out there willing to stand up to the RIAA et al.

I suppose one could argue RedFox would have done better to not continue with the same AnyDVD HD name, so as to avoid entitlement issues like these. But I reckon name recognition was more important (and justly so).
As it should be RedFox was given the software and codes so they own it and made use of it so user would not forget. There is nothing wrong with that.

Ultimately, anyone who expects 'lifetime' updates to literally cover the lifespan of their own lives, regardless of whether or not the company in question still exists, is inherently being unreasonable. And I assume you probably agree with that too (but don't really want to hear that now).
huh whom are we talking to? Lifetime was with the Company Slysoft and they got shutdown if it wasn't for the Corrupt US - Slysoft would still be in business and updating as it always did. So this reply doesn't take into account what really happened but makes it sounds like a rosy world.

For the record, I possesed a lifetime license with SlySoft too, and was at least equally bummed out when they went under. At the end of the day I just asked myself, though, Will I stay grumpy for ever, stomping my feet, or will I just chalk this off as one of life's hiccups, and continue to add my Blu-Rays to my media server? I decided to do the latter, and to rejoice in the fact there are still folks out there willing to stand up to the RIAA et al.
Where there is a will there is a way, there will always be someone out there to go up against the Corrupt AACS-LA Corporation GEED. Most were looking for freebies and wanted something they never had purchase is what it came down to. The Product works but none of that matter.

As it should be RedFox was given the software and codes so they own it and made use of it so user would not forget. There is nothing wrong with that.

Which is precisely why I said "And justly so." :)

huh whom are we talking to? Lifetime was with the Company Slysoft and they got shutdown if it wasn't for the Corrupt US - Slysoft would still be in business and updating as it always did. So this reply doesn't take into account what really happened but makes it sounds like a rosy world.

Not sure what part of my post you're disagreeing with here. The tl;dr version of my argument there was simply 'Sh*t happens, and sometimes you just need to deal with it and move on.'

Which is precisely why I said "And justly so." :)
That's what the majority already knows but if you read alot of other post that were closed you would think those posters would know that by now but they refuse to listen when told and given the facts of the situation.

Not sure what part of my post you're disagreeing with here. The tl;dr version of my argument there was simply 'Sh*t happens, and sometimes you just need to deal with it and move on.'
Just pointing out the flaw in the reasoning the lifetime license from Slysoft wasn't because they went out of business but was forced out of business and stating if the AACS-LA wasn't a tyrant simply for GREED then Slysoft would still be chugging along as usual and if the market dried for them then their business would come to a close because of Market Forces and Political gerrymandering of us US laws to tell another sovereign nation what US can over rule another sovereign nation laws. That's the point I am getting at Slysoft didn't close because Market Forces didn't need them it was all Political where US Corporation Lobbyists Political LAWS should be your law to another sovereign nation.

I've got the same issue.

The only ones that hung you out to dry as you put it, is your US government for giving civilian authorities like the MPAA and aacs-la too much power and enforcing us laws onto countries.

Its not "my" government I'm not american

That just sucks, big time. NOT impressed.

I've got the same issue.

Be that as it may (I'm not American either, btw), the MPAA, AACS-LA, RIAA, etc., are at fault here. 'Greed is eternal,' as the Ferengi say. Current situation sucks, for sure; but that's what you get in a country where you can buy legislation (in any other civilized country you'd go to prison for that, but in the good old 'US of A', bribery (aka 'lobbying') has been legalized. /rant

I've got the same issue.
Did you know that most IP address is generated and passes through the US? If you don't know this then you might want to do some research here to be a better knowledge of IP address and how it is created and handled.

Might want to do more research yourself. ICANN (who's the main body for domains and ip's), had recently become an independent institution.

FIRST..... PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE US DOWN AS AN INTELLIGENT PERSON WOULD NOT CUSS THE FARMER WITH THEIR MOUTH FULL THE FAT CAT MOVIE HOUSES ARE NOT JUST US OWNED ie SONY.....SECOND TO BAD RAP RED FOX IS "SOUR GRAPES" ( BEING AS A FOX IS INVOLVED IN THAT STORY ...LOL ) AT BEST AND MOST ASSUREDILY PSYCHO BABBLE RAP ( to quote Alan Parsons Project ) at the very least. I for one applaud the guys with Red Fox .... obviously these are very smart & talented people who could have found jobs elsewhere easily and probably for more money BUT, instead they have SUPPORTED the users & went out on their own. Starting a business is a difficult process ( I know as I did it ) I think the small investment to "rebuy" the license that has in the past & I am confident will continue in the future to repay the investment OVER 1000% EASILY.....so QUIT POOR-MOUTHING AND MAYBE SUPPORT THESE GUYS JUST A LITTLE .....AFTER ALL WE ( the users ) could have been left with nothing BUT a "thank you very much good nite ! It would NOT have any skin off of their fanny's so maybe less complaining & more " thanx guys" would be more appropriate

FIRST..... PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE US DOWN AS AN INTELLIGENT PERSON WOULD NOT CUSS THE FARMER WITH THEIR MOUTH FULL...

An intelligent person doesn't ranty YELL from the mouth throughout his entire post, either.

some folks just do NOT get it ..... sorry you are not a US citizen....I am & do not like mental midgets putting down the US all I can say I would stack the USA up against any other country ... we feed & protect the entire planet.... so have a coke & a smile & stfu

... obviously these are very smart & talented people who could have found jobs elsewhere easily and probably for more money BUT, instead they have SUPPORTED the users & went out on their own.
If they were really smart people they would have urged their CEO a little bit earlier to take reasonable precautions to not being shut down by any authority (be it antiguan or american).
Would have been possible - quod erat demonstrandum.
But still, they're smart, and therefore i'm sure they have jobs elsewhere ;)

Last edited:
Enough, behave or don't say anything at all. Yelling isn't needed either. Nobody is putting the USA down,. All that was said is that there us government is giving civilization agencies like the MPAA way to much power and that they like to force US laws onto countries where they have no business doing so. Which is what shut down Slysoft.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

What could happen in the U.S. would be that the Librarian of Congress (who has already said that some items) would state the use of decryptors for personal property copies for fair use is legal, and require that the DMCA does not apply in this case. The CEO of Slyfox was in trouble before for running online gambling sites which kind of raised his profile.

That's never going to happen. Fair use copying is already allowed, the thing is that you cant remove the copy protection on discs to let you do just that. That gambling thing is old news. It's the gambling thing that made him start slysoft in the first place.

If they were really smart people they would have urged their CEO a little bit earlier to take reasonable precautions to not being shut down by any authority (be it antiguan or american).
Would have been possible - quod erat demonstrandum.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Q.E.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back