• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Frustrated!!!

cajunbam

Alright, I have successfully copied many, many dvds with anydvd and clonedvd2 up until a couple of weeks ago. I have continuously updated the software with each released update. Now, I can successfully burn dvds; but, when I put the dvd back in the drive to play it, my computer won't read it and I get the infamous anydvd media error, and this is immediately after burning it. What could I possibly be doing wrong? The only parameters that have changed are the updates. I am still using the same writer, media, etc.

Thanks.

Alright, I have successfully copied many, many dvds with anydvd and clonedvd2 up until a couple of weeks ago. I have continuously updated the software with each released update. Now, I can successfully burn dvds; but, when I put the dvd back in the drive to play it, my computer won't read it and I get the infamous anydvd media error, and this is immediately after burning it. What could I possibly be doing wrong? The only parameters that have changed are the updates. I am still using the same writer, media, etc.

Thanks.
Does the DVD work in your normal DVD players besides the computer DVD player?

no they aren't. nothing can read them.
Seems to make me believe it's the DVDs then, and not your computer. Either the burner isn't working, or the DVDs are damaged are the only logical conclusions that come to my mind.

Seems to make me believe it's the DVDs then, and not your computer. Either the burner isn't working, or the DVDs are damaged are the only logical conclusions that come to my mind.

Thanks. I think the dvds are fine because it is in the same pack as before when they were working fine.

Also, for a while the dvd movie was being written as files to the dvd before not working at all now. The confusing part is that I get the successful message after each burn, but then it won't play. I just don't get it. As you said I might need to think about getting a new dvd writer. Any suggestions?

Thanks. I think the dvds are fine because it is in the same pack as before when they were working fine.

Also, for a while the dvd movie was being written as files to the dvd before not working at all now. The confusing part is that I get the successful message after each burn, but then it won't play. I just don't get it. As you said I might need to think about getting a new dvd writer. Any suggestions?
Yes the new LG H42 is a great one. It is on sale at various online retailers like Newegg.com for about 29.00USD.

Media and Write speed?

What brand & type of media are you using? And what writing speed did you select in CloneDVD 2? This sounds very much like a burning too fast issue or poor quality media issue, or both. Recommended: Use High Quality media and burn at 1/2 the rated media speed or 4x. Whichever is suited for your DVD writer.

What brand & type of media are you using? And what writing speed did you select in CloneDVD 2? This sounds very much like a burning too fast issue or poor quality media issue, or both. Recommended: Use High Quality media and burn at 1/2 the rated media speed or 4x. Whichever is suited for your DVD writer.
I don't know what's up with people suggesting such slow burn speeds. I burn at max everytime and never have these problems. Not to mention at 4x, it would take forever. If the drive is made to burn at 16x, you should be able to.

Thanks for all of your input. I guess i'll try the LG H42.....

Backup Speed

I have always set clonedvd to backup at maximum speed no matter what disc i buy i have 3 burners on my pc a pioneer 110d 16x a hp dvd420i 8x and a samsung lightscribe 18x i always but Taiyo Yuden 8x or 16x depending on which has free shipping and i use the phillips lightscribe disc 16x i have backed up over 3000 movies to date i can count the coasters on one hand just lucky i guess.

I don't know what's up with people suggesting such slow burn speeds. I burn at max everytime and never have these problems. Not to mention at 4x, it would take forever. If the drive is made to burn at 16x, you should be able to.

Depends on the media, the burner, and the firmware . . .

Back